Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

I've found the same. Not so much from the power level but more to do with boredom. 

There are only so many combos to try out before you have seen them all. 

On a side note. I'm on warhammer TV today at 2pm playing with my Legion. 

IMG_6188.PNG

IMG_6315.JPG

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/27/2017 at 2:02 AM, Browncoat89 said:

Now with "allies" I can run my Chaos War Mammoth with my legion and still keep my Fireglaives as battleline. Pretty sweet! It'll definitely add some variety with more options to mix in.

I'm really looking at taking Sayl + Nightmaw (to prevent getting sniped, since LoA doesn't go first... haha) as an ally, to make some Ironsworn FLY to objectives.

4 hours ago, Furious said:

Let's remember that this is a Forgeworld army. I expect an official allies list for LoA to come out with the updated Hobgoblin warscrolls and Allegiance abilities...

good luck.  I think that compendium will stick around for a good while longer before we see a shiny new campaign / battletome.

Oh yeah, I didn't say it would be anytime soon, just that I was looking forward to it lol. Luckily with big additions to the rules maybe they will consider working on a small download release with just an allied list, like they did with matched play points a few months after the generals handbook release. Even if it's not a big book release.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to fill out my Legion army.  I'm missing a few units.  What are people doing for BSB's? I'm currently using the Russian Alternative model but I could do with a GW version.

Any suggestions? 

6 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm super excited for GHB2.  

Do you guys have any plans for Allies to go along with the Legion?  

What are your thoughts on upcoming allies? :-)

Being a Chaos Dwarfs WHFB player in the 90s, I couldn't help myself and went and bought an army/models from the Legion today. 

I got a good deal on the following models. I'll build a mono Legion list and a Mixed Chaos list (I run Khorne and Tzeentch too).

- Drazoath the Ashen

- Castellan

- 3 Daemonsmiths

- 20 Fireglavies

- 40 Infernal guards

- 2 command groups

- 3 Magma cannons

- 3 Deathshrikers

- 1 Dreadquake mortar

Any thoughts on builds? I like the Bull Centaurs and Fireborn models but neither seem very strong. Not looking to build an overly competitive list but I'm hoping it will hold its ground!

I'm an artillery nut, I usually fill all 4 artillery slots in my army. I would run 3 magma cannons and a deathshrieker. Might not be optimized but it's sure fun! Haha I usually start my lists with either 4 magma cannons or 2 magma cannons with 2 dreadquake mortars. 

3 minutes ago, Browncoat89 said:

I'm an artillery nut, I usually fill all 4 artillery slots in my army. I would run 3 magma cannons and a deathshrieker. Might not be optimized but it's sure fun! Haha I usually start my lists with either 4 magma cannons or 2 magma cannons with 2 dreadquake mortars. 

3 Magma and 1 Dreadquake? :) Any guidance on how to play them? 

/M

13 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm super excited for GHB2.  

Do you guys have any plans for Allies to go along with the Legion?  

Like I said I can't wait to run my Chaos War Mammoth with my Legion. I'm using the LotR model and I want to convert the howdah on top to a slavers cage filled with hobgoblins and a Castellen on top! If I'm ever playing a 2500 pt game it could be cool to bring Glotkin just for his special spell. I know it's super situational but I can't help but dream of a huge brick of 20 or 30 Ironsworn huddled in cover in the middle of the field protecting my artillery with 2 wounds a piece, and mystic shield. Lol 60 wounds saving on a 2+ (rerolling ones in shooting) bouncing back wounds to the enemy on 4+! Oh just nasty.

4 minutes ago, misthv said:

3 Magma and 1 Dreadquake? :) Any guidance on how to play them? 

/M

I love to play my artillery really dynamically with the hauled gun carriage ability. I know most people tow their artillery to midfield and drop it but to me that is one of the most unique things about the army, why not use it to its fullest. So I almost always take them with an Irondaemon or two that stay with them the entire game. Sometime I will drop my Mortar in the back but my cannons always stay with the war engine.  I never depend on my Mortar too much, but just the threat of a 40" range that can snipe their heroes usually brings people up the field right into my magma cannons and Fireglaives. I know a lot of people love the idea of whipping that ogre and doing 4D6 wounds but I stopped getting my hopes up about that a long time ago lol. I do find it very effective though at slowing down the enemy army. A lot of people place cheap units along the front of their lines, if I can even just do a would or two then the entire screening unit can't run which will slow down a lot of the units behind them. Then my magma cannons I usually prioritize to either take out their big monsters or heroes. Taking the highest of two dice can be really devestating against a unit of 10 elite infantry too. Even most big baddies in the game have a tough time taking 3D6 mortal wounds each round. Even if I lose a cannon or two a lot of times I can take out something worth far more points with the mortal wounds. Then I run them back or further to the flank with the Irondaemon to keep them out of harms way. Lol sorry for the novel I get excited geeking out about my Chaos Dwarves, as I'm sure we all do.

19 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

I love to play my artillery really dynamically with the hauled gun carriage ability. I know most people tow their artillery to midfield and drop it but to me that is one of the most unique things about the army, why not use it to its fullest. So I almost always take them with an Irondaemon or two that stay with them the entire game. Sometime I will drop my Mortar in the back but my cannons always stay with the war engine.  I never depend on my Mortar too much, but just the threat of a 40" range that can snipe their heroes usually brings people up the field right into my magma cannons and Fireglaives. I know a lot of people love the idea of whipping that ogre and doing 4D6 wounds but I stopped getting my hopes up about that a long time ago lol. I do find it very effective though at slowing down the enemy army. A lot of people place cheap units along the front of their lines, if I can even just do a would or two then the entire screening unit can't run which will slow down a lot of the units behind them. Then my magma cannons I usually prioritize to either take out their big monsters or heroes. Taking the highest of two dice can be really devestating against a unit of 10 elite infantry too. Even most big baddies in the game have a tough time taking 3D6 mortal wounds each round. Even if I lose a cannon or two a lot of times I can take out something worth far more points with the mortal wounds. Then I run them back or further to the flank with the Irondaemon to keep them out of harms way. Lol sorry for the novel I get excited geeking out about my Chaos Dwarves, as I'm sure we all do.

Would you say an Irondaemon is required for a semi-competitive (to put up a fight) list? Or can I make better use of the 200p...

23 hours ago, Ben said:

It's ton of war machines!  You can fit it all in a list if you only take 1 magma and 1 deathshriker. 

Yes! As a Khorne player that is pretty exciting ;-) 

Would you care to explain why you only put two artillery pieces to use? And the choice of magma/shruiker? Why no Dreadquake? I have so many questions! :) 

Dread quakes are gold for khorne as if they can cause a single wound the affected unit can't run or charge.

chaos dwarf war engines and magic are all geared towards slowing opponents so you can hammer them with artillery but for khorne this works because you are stopping them from getting charges off on their terms.

On 8/12/2017 at 3:51 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

Dread quakes are gold for khorne as if they can cause a single wound the affected unit can't run or charge.

chaos dwarf war engines and magic are all geared towards slowing opponents so you can hammer them with artillery but for khorne this works because you are stopping them from getting charges off on their terms.

I've never used Dreadquake... the 200pts and only 1 shot makes me want some rerolls... which costs the battalion (which has such a heavy tax).  I've just sniped the heroes with Deathshriekers, and magma'd the Bloodletters/warriors as they crash into my Ironsworn.  When you nail their Bloodsecrator/Slaughterpriests, they're not so scary.

On 8/11/2017 at 0:28 PM, misthv said:

Would you say an Irondaemon is required for a semi-competitive (to put up a fight) list? Or can I make better use of the 200p...

It is pretty good as an 11 wound roadblock and to haul artillery around but it's shooting is just kinda decent. 

10 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

It is pretty good as an 11 wound roadblock and to haul artillery around but it's shooting is just kinda decent. 

Agreed.  You want 1 of them in larger games.  I've hauled them up the 2d6" (rerollable, lol), to have the magma cannons decimate the enemy battleline.  It'll be nice with taking Sayl as an ally (HOPEFULLY), to let a ton of Ironsworn tie them up for the shots.

Archived