Competitive Bonesplittas Lists?

teddet

Ok so I've revised my list (and I don't want a Kunnin Rukk or Arrer boys) so it's less MSU and hopefully more hitty and competitive:

Wurrgog Prophet

Wardokk

20 Morboys

Teef Rukk

2x 4 Big Stabbas

Snaga Rukk

2x Maniak Weirdnobs

2x 5 Savage Boarboy Maniaks

Brutal Rukk

Savage Big Boss

2x 20 Savage Orruks (spears)

Total 2k

209 wounds

Waaagh! Skullcrack iz comin fer ya

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't have any inklings to make a destruction force until today... when I learned about Arrowboys while picking up some Chaos units and my interest was piqued. 

Kunnin' Rukk

Savage Big Boss

-Command Trait: Bellowing Tyrant

Savage Orruks x 10

Savage Orruks x 10

Arrowboys x 30

Arrowboys x 30____________________________________________________

960/1000

I think a few turns of (4+/4+/-/1 x 90 x 2) in a turn would be enough. Wanted to squeeze in a Weirdboy, too. Oh well, Archaon dies all the same. 

On 9/5/2016 at 4:25 AM, Thanatos Ares said:

Ok so I've revised my list (and I don't want a Kunnin Rukk or Arrer boys) so it's less MSU and hopefully more hitty and competitive:

Wurrgog Prophet

Wardokk

20 Morboys

Teef Rukk

2x 4 Big Stabbas

Snaga Rukk

2x Maniak Weirdnobs

2x 5 Savage Boarboy Maniaks

Brutal Rukk

Savage Big Boss

2x 20 Savage Orruks (spears)

Total 2k

209 wounds

Waaagh! Skullcrack iz comin fer ya

What is MSU and why the odd unit of Morboys?

I think a few turns of (4+/4+/-/1 x 90 x 2) in a turn would be enough. Wanted to squeeze in a Weirdboy, too. Oh well, Archaon dies all the same. 

He dies about as fast as your opponent's enjoyment of the game, followed swiftly by your enjoyment of the game. Thankfully 40K-appropriate AoS lists are not fun to play and probably not fun to paint either.  

27 minutes ago, Thanatos Ares said:

MSU - multiple small units

Morboys walk behind the main line 'surrounding the Prophet and dok to help protect from character sniping

Ahh thank you! Makes sense now.

I'm still not a personal fan of the Teef Rukk but that's just me. Or the Brutal Rukk actually. Running means no charging and I prefer the Maniak Boarboys or normal Boarboys.

@Aspirant Snaeper

Yea, I think that kunnin' ruk with 30 arrowboyz, bellowing tyrant and hit rerolls from maniak weirdnoob is one of the strongest things you can build from bonesplitterz. Archaon with mystic shield should statsistically die, so the enemy cant just send him brainlesly toward the enemy line.

Last game I had with my goblins vs Archaon+ varanguards and some other khorne fillers (1660pkt) i won thanks to tarpiting him with loads of gobins and scoring objectives with wolf riders and spider riders. Becouse i could not just kill him. Even with spider riders with improved poison and hit by commander and arachnarock. Archaon is fast and it is hard to engage him on my terms.

Tried this in a recent game and liked it:

Icebone Warclan (100 pts)

Snagga Rukk (40)

(4x) savage boarboy maniaks  (640)

(2x) maniak weirdnob (200)

(1x) savage ork boarboys (120)

(1x) Wurgug Prophet (140)

Kunning Ruk (60)

Savage big boss (100)

(2x) 30 Savage arrowboys (600)

2000 on the dot.

No Arrowboys for me either.  But that's mostly because I already had so many Savage Orcs already in my collection, assembled but not painted.  All I had to buy new was 2 boxes (the old 5-per box) of Boarboy Maniaks to get all the way up to 2000+ pts that are sub-optimal but not ridiculously so.  I reckon I'm doing about as well as you can under the "no Arrowboys" constraint.

36 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

There's just something nice about the personal touch of a chompa in the gob of your enemy that's hard to replicate with an arrow.

Not just an arrow thou! A metric ****** tonne of arrows! Bonesplitterz are monster hunters, not just shirtless, bloodthirsty crazies like those skull obsessed weaklings! Spear, arrow, numbers, and head-exploding magic is how you take down large prey!

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2016 at 3:40 AM, DangerClose said:

If you fancy rolling 720+ dice a turn and never making new friends :D

1980 pts

Kunnin' Rukk    
    Savage Orruk Bigboss
    40 x Arrowboys
    10 x Savage Orruks

Kunnin' Rukk    
    Savage Orruk Bigboss
    40 x Arrowboys
    10 x Savage Orruks

Kunnin' Rukk    
    Savage Orruk Bigboss
    40 x Arrowboys
    10 x Savage Orruks

I've been building this list. Does this fit into the Bonegrinz Warclan?  It MUST contain 1 Kunnin' Rukk.  Does that mean one and only one or one Kunnin Rukk minimum?

Thanks! Final list then-

* Savage Orruk Bigboss
(
# 10 x Savage Orruks
# 10 x Savage Orruks
# 10 x Savage Orruks
# # # # ++++ 40 x Arrowboys

* Savage Orruk Bigboss
(
# 10 x Arrowboys
# # #  +++ 30 x Arrowboys

* Savage Orruk Bigboss
(
# 10 x Arrowboys
# # #  +++ 30 x Arrowboys

3 x Kunnin' Rukk

I've been building this list. Does this fit into the Bonegrinz Warclan?  It MUST contain 1 Kunnin' Rukk.  Does that mean one and only one or one Kunnin Rukk minimum?

Bonegrinz warclan doesn't give you any benefits in pitched battles as you would have to use some reinforcement points for "loadsa boyz" bonegrinz abillity, and it doesn't make sense. Better ones are 2 other but for example you won't fit kunnin rukk in Icebone Warclan - it has all the battalions but the kunnin rukk... It would be great to have the big boss of kunnin rukk with the icebone helm though(halving wounds)...

On 1/13/2017 at 2:29 AM, meet.the.doctor said:

Bonegrinz warclan doesn't give you any benefits in pitched battles as you would have to use some reinforcement points for "loadsa boyz" bonegrinz abillity, and it doesn't make sense. Better ones are 2 other but for example you won't fit kunnin rukk in Icebone Warclan - it has all the battalions but the kunnin rukk... It would be great to have the big boss of kunnin rukk with the icebone helm though(halving wounds)...

Goal is single deployment.

Archived