Competitive Bonesplittas Lists?

teddet

The problem is, i can't really drop anything (maybe 10 archers? but that seems bad) in order to add more stabbas.  On the other hand, they will come back on a 6, so I just need to get good at that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a list I'm considering running, based mostly around the models I have but I think it's pretty potent and can adapt to most situations.

Wurrgog Prophet 140

Kunning Rukk 60
Big Boss 100
30 Savage Orruks 300
30 Arrow Boyz 300

Teef Rukk 40
2 Big Stabbas 100
2 Big Stabbas 100

30 Morboyz 320

10 Maniak Boar Boyz 320

Maniak Weirdnob 100

Wardokk 80

I'm thinking of doing this for a guerilla, swamp/jungle themed army:

Da Kunnin' Swamp Lurkers of Mork

2000 pts.

Kunnin' Rukk    
    Savage Orruk Bigboss
    30 x Arrowboys
    30 x Arrowboys

Snagga Rukk     
    Maniak Weirdnob
    Maniak Weirdnob
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs

6 x Big Stikkas

Wardokk

Wurrgog Prophet

Lots of sneaky tools with the shooting and 4 wizards :) 

Or maybe this very themed Icebone list... I'm quite torn :) 

Icebone    
Brutal' Rukk    
    Savage Big Boss
    5 x Savage Boarboys
    5 x Savage Boarboys
    5 x Savage Boarboys
    5 x Savage Boarboys

Snagga Rukk     
    Maniak Weirdnob
    Maniak Weirdnob
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs

Big Stabbas

Wardokk

Wardokk

Wurrgog Prophet

The list would look amazing but I'm uncertain of its performance (: 

Here's another list I've been working on.  Means that my prophet can get the bone skull, which I think would help protect a character that isn't on a monster.

Icebone Warclan (100)
Wurrgog Prophet (140)  

Snaga Rukk (40)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Savage Boarboy Maniaks x 5 (160) (battleline)

Teef Rukk (40)
Savage Big Stabbas x 2 (100)

Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 30 (300)
Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 30 (300)

WOUNDS: 152 TOTAL POINTS: 1960 / 200

Or this:

Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Wardokk (80)

Snaga Rukk (40)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Savage Boarboy Maniaks x 10 (320)
Savage Boarboy Maniaks x 5 (160)
Savage Boarboy Maniaks x 5 (160)

Kunnin' Rukk (60)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 40 (400)
Savage Orruks x 10 (100)

Teef Rukk (40)

WOUNDS: 163 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

For 1k when you don't want to make friends.

Kunnin Rukk

10 Savage Orruks - spears

10 Savage Orruks - spears

40 Savage Arrow Boys

Savage War Boss - general -squiggly war paint

Maniak Weird Nob - Hands of Gork

Wurgoz Prophet - Brutal Beast Spirits - Ju Ju wat notz

for larger games add another wizard and more battle line units to guard arrow boy star.

So that list on the previous page that was over 1900 where he said he could bring them back on a 6 he really couldn't because he'd go over his limit?  

Ive looked at that clan but counting on rolling a 6 or losing those points seems silly to me. Or am I missing something 

1 hour ago, Thor0298 said:

So that list on the previous page that was over 1900 where he said he could bring them back on a 6 he really couldn't because he'd go over his limit?  

Ive looked at that clan but counting on rolling a 6 or losing those points seems silly to me. Or am I missing something 

You are correct, much like the Ironjawz Ard Fist, and many other options for summoning or bringing back new units, the risk of not using it is something you need to factor in.

Except for the way they wrote the reserve points rule, i think they could be fine in tournament play.  The chance to come back on a 6 is not that crazy.  (maybe you should get to pay 1/6 the reserve points :D )

The other formations are fine too.  

13 hours ago, Thanatos Ares said:

Those formations are really written with open/themed story driven play in mind I think. As they're clearly not intended (the recycling part at least) for matched play

Waaagh! Skullcrack iz comin fer ya

is they are considered summoning i would have to agree. it is a bit unfortunate.  as, unlike summoning, you only get one chance for each unit, summoning you could try each turn. kind of makes the points for that kind of a waste

Here's my new take on competitive Bonesplitterz:

1980 pts

Kunnin' Rukk    
    Savage Orruk Bigboss
    40 x Arrowboys
    10 x Savage Orruks
    10 x Savage Orruks

Snagga Rukk     
    Maniak Weirdnob
    Maniak Weirdnob
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs
    5 x Savage Boar Maniacs

Teef Rukk    
    4 x Big Stabbas
    4 x Big Stabbas

Independent units    
    Wardokk
    Wurrgog Prophet

Breakdown:

- The 40 Arrowboys / Kunnin' Rukk / Savage Big Boss / Brutal Beast Spirits / Bone Spirit - combo pumps out an average of 92 wounds a turn. That's too good to miss.

- Two battleline units of 10 Savage Orruks acts ad roadblocks since their damage output is not that great.

- The two five pig strong Boarboys units gives good mobility and flexibility for protecting the squishy parts of the army.

- A total of 8 Big Stabbas makes good combo with Hand of Gork for a surprise sledgehammer to the face.

- Lastly a strong casting force rounds out the force. Our spells are formidable so we should play to their strenghts.

Wurrgog: Main damage dealer.

Maniaks: Buffing units.

Wardokk: Big Wurrgog Mask bomb.

Critique are welcome. I'm very new to the game and surely missed some details :) 

Savage Boarboy Maniaks become battleline with the Bonesplittaz allegence. Just take 20 more arrowboyz in the Kunnin' Rukk.

I don't know how I feel about the Teef Rukk. I love the model, but the low amount of wounds and movement makes them feel more cute than anything unless you spend a Wardokk spellslot to speed them up which would be better put to use elsewhere. I also feel the Prophet is a bit wasted. But I guess monsters won't survive long if you triple attack those Stabbaz into the side of any annoying monsters. Actually, let me know how that works out for you.

To be honest, why not just take 2 minmax'd Kunnin' Rukks? They're by far the most efficient way of crippling anything and, thanks to their 20w per 10 models, can sit on objectives well.

For total effiency two Kunnin' Rukks with 40 Arrowboys is the way to go but that is not an army I'm willing to play. I think it would be destroying for the sake of the game.

For me personally I need to utilize most of the (already limited) miniature range to make things interesting and varied enough. It has to be a compromise between compititive and fun :)

If you fancy rolling 720+ dice a turn and never making new friends :D

1980 pts

Kunnin' Rukk    
    Savage Orruk Bigboss
    40 x Arrowboys
    10 x Savage Orruks

Kunnin' Rukk    
    Savage Orruk Bigboss
    40 x Arrowboys
    10 x Savage Orruks

Kunnin' Rukk    
    Savage Orruk Bigboss
    40 x Arrowboys
    10 x Savage Orruks

I know people think that a bunch of arrowboyz seems mean but when I ran with two groups of thirty  one group was wiped before doing  anything  I don't know that it is that mean as they don't stick around long  I'd be more worried about running that many and having a ton run away  anyone have some battle reports with lists that have played lately?

They were first shot with jezzails, then they sent a good size unit of blight kings through the realmgate and popped up right next to them. Between the two, lots of damage.

edit: there may have been a plague law attack also. Which did 2d6 damage because over ten. And there were two plagueclaws

Archived