Even in Death

MrTref

Hello everyone!

This thread will document my progress at building and painting Death army. The first goal - to prepare a 2000pts Nighthaunt force for big local tournament wich take place at 20-21 October. Whats more, I want to try to take Best Paint on this event. In this case, I try to use some conversions and some advanced technics of painting from my arsenal of tricks (like NMM and scratches on robes). So let's start show!

Army List

Leaders:

- Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed (140) - General,  Ruler of the Spirit Hosts, Pendant of the Fell Wind

- Reikenor the Grimhailer (180) - Spectral Tether

- Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140) - Shademist, Beacon of Nagashizzar

- Spirit Torment (120)

- Cairn Wraith (60) - Balefire Blade

Units:

- 10 x Grimghast Reapers (140) - Battleline

- 10 x Grimghast Reapers (140) - Battleline

- 4 x Glaivewraith Stalkers (60)

- 4 x Glaivewraith Stalkers (60)

- 20 x Bladegheist Revenants (320)

- 10 x Bladegheist Revenants (180)

- 10 x Chainrasp Horde (80) - Battleline

- 2 x Chainghasts (80)

Battalions:

- Shroudguard (110)

- Death Stalkers (120)

Endless Spells:

- Chronomantic Cogs (60)

TOTAL: 1990/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2 WOUNDS: 99
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 3/3 ALLIES: 0/400

Inspiration

The classic GW Nighthaunt blue-green colour scheme is really nice but I always feal unhappy when using standard schem. So, I spend some days lurking Internet for inspiration and after some sleepless nights find it! There was one perfect widiogame at my childhood - Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (since that time I fell in love with Undead).

toe_necropolis_Lich_Master.jpgH5_ToE_Necropolis_3.jpglatest?cb=20170713092836&path-prefix=ru

As you can see, I will use pink-purple scheme with some black and red for my spirits. And here is my first GlaiveWrath for gorwing army. C&C are welcome!

Glaivewrath1(Left).JPG

Glaivewrath1(Right).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived