Question about Battalions

Hey guys! New-ish (played half a dozen games using a friend's spare armies and read a lot, but don't own any models personally except for a lone Tomb Banshee) player here. I have a question regarding allies and battalions.

I'm putting together a Legions of Nagash list using (most) of the Nighthaunt side of the Soul Wars box and a few favorite models of mine from Legions (Tomb Banshee, Vamp Lord, Terrorgeist, etc.) So, basically, I want to include the Nighthaunt battalion Chainguard (The Guardian of Souls + Chainrasp one) in my Legions army. The required models for this battalion, being in the Soul Wars box, are in Legions of Nagash. The battalion, however, is not.

Is it actually possible to get a battalion from outside of your Allegiance? Obviously, this is a special case as all the models in question reside in both Nighthaunt and Legions. Could I ally in exclusively the battalion and use the Legions-keyworded version of the models for the battalion? I ask mainly because allying in all of the battalion and models not only screws with my Battleline requirements but also goes over the 400 point allies limit.

Thanks for the help!

With the new FAQ there is a statement inside it currently stating you cannot use a battalion that is outside of your allegiance, though Ben has confirmed in the next big FAQ this is receiving some sort of update so currently it's a waiting game as to the final answer but as it stands it's a no. 

Archived