The Deathshroud - A Blog

Bottler Barnes

The Deathshroud

I've not played Warhammer since the end of 8th, not so much a rage quit as lack of hobby time due to family and a struggle to get invested in the AoS world during the initial stages. Fast forward to the release of AoS 2 and with it the world building that has come with it I have felt the urge to get back on board particularly now my youngest actually sleeps (well, in the evening at least).

I'm very taken by the new Nighthaunt models, as are many others it seems, so I got the boxed game and battle tome and have decided to commit to the ghostly ones. I decided that as cool as the ethereal look is it is being done to death (pun intended) and wanted something a bit more macabre and grimy. Hence the birth of the Death Shroud. To date I have finished a handful of Chainrasps with the rest of them about half done as a bigger batch. 

I've played one game using the boxed contents against the Stormcast and despite forgetting several things (so many synergies to remember!) I had a lot of fun and was very impressed by the Chainrasps when backed up by the various characters and could see me building my list with them as my core (damn my 8th terminology - battleline!).

The models have been pretty quick to paint involving a black spray followed by a spray of Deathguard Green  from above and about 45 degree angles. This is followed by a few drybrush layers, a couple of washes then some highlights and the fun bit of adding grime, dried blood and rust which is mostly done by stippling.

Anyway, my progress to date is below, I intend to use this thread as a game log, list ideas and painting progress - basically anything related to the army.

thumbnail_IMG_1388.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1389.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1396.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1397.jpg

Archived