Geminids Dispell

Luke1705

Question

Geminids say that they can move 8” each time they move, and that both halves must finish within 6” of each other, otherwise they are dispelled.

Does this mean that I can intentionally dispell them by moving one out of range? If not (which is my assumption) someone please explain to me how they can ever be dispelled due to this restriction. Feeling pretty dense right now

7 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

Geminids say that they can move 8” each time they move, and that both halves must finish within 6” of each other, otherwise they are dispelled.

Does this mean that I can intentionally dispell them by moving one out of range? If not (which is my assumption) someone please explain to me how they can ever be dispelled due to this restriction. Feeling pretty dense right now

I think you could prove this mathematically but no, it would be impossible. 

My guess is it's talking about moving one half off the board.   I know that the other spells that move off the board disappear but because this is a 2 part moving spell, it would be possible to only have one half move off the board.  

14 minutes ago, Vextol said:

I think you could prove this mathematically but no, it would be impossible. 

My guess is it's talking about moving one half off the board.   I know that the other spells that move off the board disappear but because this is a 2 part moving spell, it would be possible to only have one half move off the board.  

I mean if I can move part A such that part B cannot follow it, that’s totally possible. Just insert a unit in between.  But if they “must finish within 6”, then it seems like they should be able to just stay stationary. So could a player just move one out of range, not move the other one, and say “they’re dispelled”?

15 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

I mean if I can move part A such that part B cannot follow it, that’s totally possible. Just insert a unit in between.  But if they “must finish within 6”, then it seems like they should be able to just stay stationary. So could a player just move one out of range, not move the other one, and say “they’re dispelled”?

Guess that's true! I thought that the distance they moved matched the distance they were between each other.  I see that's not true. 

So you could technically do it but you'd really need to try.  You'd need to have basically a 7 inch thick wall of models with no gap big enough to get model b in and  model a would have to be adjacent to the wall prior to moving. 

In that case I think you could dispel it. 

It’s definately doable, but very situational. Essentially you need to move the 1st half so that there is no where within 6” for the second half to move to. I’m thinking terrain, or putting one spell bang in the middle of a unit. Things like that 

Archived