Nighthaunt hexwraith conversions.

Keltheos

I've seen this idea a few places including on these forums,  but here's my take on using reapers for hexwraith bodies. I have disliked the actual bodies since the models first released and am so glad now that I've started the NH army I have models for this unit I like. I used a cairn wraith for the leader.  Waiting on basing supplies then on to painting. 

20180717_231214.jpg

• Like 11

I will do mine with 2 dreadblade harrows sets,  parts of the 4 soulwar boxes' reapers and a wingless reikenor as a boss. I want one hand holding the reins of the horse. I will change the horses leg so they all look different. I could be looking at the black coach horses as well if I want to expend the unit size.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Keltheos I really loved your Hexwraiths! So much in fact I used them as a template for my own hexwraiths :) However I'm really like the new fleshier nighthaunt horses, so I got my hands on a few of the sprues from the Blackcoach and trimmed away the wagon harnesses and stuff, soon I'll have a unit of 5 ready. I still need to do put them on some decent bases, and there is a bit of green stuff work to be done here and there, but overall I'm pretty happy with them ;)
hanks for the inspiration!

step 3.jpg

step 4.jpg

Edited by Hartmannistic
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

@JackStreicher and @Hartmannistic those look GREAT!!

The black coach horses are amazing looking, what a cool find to get them as bits. The Bladegheists on the horses also look great, I had converted mine before they were released, but I love the Harrows and the Gheists look like mini Harrows! 

I've been sidetracked with other minis projects, but hope to be finished with them soon and get back to painting all this stuff up. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...