Grand Host Of Nagash 1000Pts List

Dauzy

Hello Guys,

I would like to have your advice about my army list.  I thought about this list for a tournament.

The main objective to this army is to "Survive and Keep objectives safe"

Thanks in advance

Leaders (4)

- Vampire Lord (140) [ General - Lord of Nagashizzar- Spell - Vil Transfert ]

- Necromancer (110) [ Artefact - ossifying diadem - Spell overhelming dread]

- Spirit Torment (120)

- Guardian of Souls (140)

Batteline (2)

- Skeleton warriors (280) [40]

- Chainrasp (160) [20]

Total (950 Pts)

Looks alright.  Though on a competitive level, you're probably better off dropping the ghostly stuff for a big unit of grave guard, or another unit of 40 skeletons, thanks to the extra boosts deathrattle units get from the legion of nagash artefacts & command traits.  But that can lead to a rather dull looking army if it's mostly all just skeleton dudes.  The go to hammer / visual variety in grand host's wheelhouse is morghasts rather than spirit stuff, but those are hard to fit in 1k while also still affording a solid infantry base and sufficient character support.

But again, if you specifically want a mix of boney and ghostly models for narrative or aesthetic reasons, the list looks fine, though in the long run if you want to continue that particular blend, you might get more out of legion of sacrament (imagine necromancers, vampires, and spirit guardians all with bonuses to cast) or legion of night (imagine skeletons with bonus armor and outflanking banshees screaming down exposed enemies and raising up units of grimghasts from aggressively placed gravesites on the same turn they appear).

On 7/18/2018 at 6:46 PM, Sception said:

Looks alright.  Though on a competitive level, you're probably better off dropping the ghostly stuff for a big unit of grave guard, or another unit of 40 skeletons, thanks to the extra boosts deathrattle units get from the legion of nagash artefacts & command traits.  But that can lead to a rather dull looking army if it's mostly all just skeleton dudes.  The go to hammer / visual variety in grand host's wheelhouse is morghasts rather than spirit stuff, but those are hard to fit in 1k while also still affording a solid infantry base and sufficient character support.

But again, if you specifically want a mix of boney and ghostly models for narrative or aesthetic reasons, the list looks fine, though in the long run if you want to continue that particular blend, you might get more out of legion of sacrament (imagine necromancers, vampires, and spirit guardians all with bonuses to cast) or legion of night (imagine skeletons with bonus armor and outflanking banshees screaming down exposed enemies and raising up units of grimghasts from aggressively placed gravesites on the same turn they appear).

I want to make the most competitive army list. I don't have other extra skeletons or massive horde.

The battletraits of lords of sacrament seems better for a 1000k list ?

I've got in reserve :

2* Morghast Archai with Spirit Halberd

1* Necromancer

5* Hexwraiths

1*Mortis Engine

1* Arkhan 

1* Wight King

1* Cairn Wraith

1* Tomb Banshee

1* Swarm Bats

I‘d recommend the madness:

Nagash, 10/5 doggies...

Nagash, 5/5 doggies and Spellportal 

Both boil down to 980 points

Easy to play too, Nagash kitted out with max. health regen (soul harvest, vile transference and and overwhelming dread) in the thick of it, being the attention wh0r3, with the puppies stealing objectives

nothing highly competitive but a pretty nasty surprise 

Ok ok ok, once more with feeling...

A vampire Lord, his necro buddie, 4(2x2) morghast and 5 puppies and 30 skellis to round things up.

solid centre for the grind, fast harassers and a sledgehammer

The list could work in most Legions , grand host for extra crazy morghast, sacrament for good magic with anti-shooting artifacts and night for outflanking

Archived