Retributor Armour & Retributor Armour

J.Z.

Hi guys.

I just used a Retributor Armour in Spray for the very first time.... and.... it looks so MUCH different from paint.

I'm confused. Paint is a rich colour while spray is very pale.

Is this a problem with spray or it's supposed to be like this??

I didn’t notice any difference between the spray and the paint.  How well it was shaken and/or the weather could affect the spray.  Did you undercoat the minis?  I did not, I just sprayed directly and they look solid gold.

If the spray is pale and 'dusty' then you might not have enough or were spraying too far away?  I get this with Leadbealcher spray if i dont lay down enough or spray at a distance (obviously its a balance to not overdo it).  Sprays always look slightly different but what you say does sound like a spraying issue rather than the actual paint itself.

Sounds like the metallic and yellow pigments may have separated a little? I shake cans for 3 mins now, even set a timer for it to make sure. It's actually way longer than when you just count in your head!

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2018 at 3:26 AM, Redking said:

I didn’t notice any difference between the spray and the paint.  How well it was shaken and/or the weather could affect the spray.  Did you undercoat the minis?  I did not, I just sprayed directly and they look solid gold.

Yeah. I always using Valleyo Black Primer.

After first pot gold looks shinny, after spray it's matt. Flat. Boring.

On 7/17/2018 at 4:50 PM, stato said:

If the spray is pale and 'dusty' then you might not have enough or were spraying too far away?  I get this with Leadbealcher spray if i dont lay down enough or spray at a distance (obviously its a balance to not overdo it).  Sprays always look slightly different but what you say does sound like a spraying issue rather than the actual paint itself.

Could be.

It's my first attempt with spray.

I found somewhere that it is good to put a can in warm water for 20 minutes.

Apparently, the climate has a HUGE impact on spray cans. Uncle Adam has a great video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3qItFMhBxI&

If it's crazy hot, cold or humid where you live you might just not be able to use spray cans all year. The air temperature and water content can apparently play havoc with spray paint. GW is in the UK so in  general, their stuff is tested for a temperate climate not for extremes of hot, cold, or wet.

Technically though you should be able to use Retributor Armour spray as a primer. 

I moved away from GW metalics completely. I used Vallejo metal air colours . You can paint them on straight from the bottle but they are made for airbrushes and airbrushing is not crazy expensive. Again Uncle Adam & Vince Venturella have good advice on this on youtube.

Archived