Greetings!

Theodric

New player here who got interested in AoS during the hype for 2e.  I'm almost completely new to the hobby, (I've played a couple rounds of Warmachine and have painted a couple models for that game.)  Unfortunately, the local wargaming community is small, insular, and (in my experience) extremely toxic, so I'm probably going to be mostly just collecting and painting until I finish up at university next fall and move someplace else.  I'm a notorious Chaos Undivided* fanboy so I've ordered a Slaves to Darkness start collecting box along with the core rules and general's handbook; but I'm not deadset on Chaos, since both Legions of Nagash and Nighthaunt are tempting me pretty heavily with their spooky scary skeletons.

* (My preferences for the Ruinous Powers go Chaos Undivided, Tzeench, Great Horned Rat if we're counting him, Slaanesh, and Khorne/Nurgle alternate last place based pretty much on my mood.  I like Khorne's aesthetic but find him boring, and like Nurgle's personality, but am not especially interested in his gross-for-the-sake-of-gross aesthetic.  Apart from the Nurglings which are adorable and must be protected.)

1 hour ago, AaronWIlson said:

Welcome to the forums @Theodric  :D 

Slaves to Darkness are such a fantastic looking army, what sort of size is your collection / what paint scheme have you gone for? 

At the moment just the Start Collecting box (which is still in the mail); and I haven't picked a color scheme.  Since I want them to be (at least at first) and Undivided army I want one that could conceivably belong to servants of any of the gods, but don't really want to do the generic black-and-gold scheme Chaos Undivided usually has in GW art.  (I like personalizing things so I don't want to use a color scheme associated with a canon Chaos army.)  Since my two favorite of the regular (not Great Horned Rat) chaos gods are Tzeentch and Slaanesh I was considering some sort of blue-and-purple color scheme, and if I were to go with a specific god it would almost certainly be Tzeentch.

A metallic blue for armor with rich purples for cloaks and gold trim for the armour I think would look spot on! Correct life choice, Tzeentch is the great of the pantheon!

The SC box is a fantastic way to get into the army, everything in the box is fantastic :D

Archived