OscarLars Painting Stuff - Ossiarch Bonereaper Update!

For a Megaboss, I'm not sure. The model has that plate on the top/back which prevents for easy shift of arms. I like the model tho, I think that pose is hella dynamic. I have converted a lot of models previous years to keep that pose.

Perhaps you could change the axe from one arm to the left and tilt it forward to make that "Charge" pose. Use Godrakks head with that cool beard thing and maybe use a dagger in the opposite hand? @Soulsmith

My apartment sucks in forms of light and I am a starving artist/student soooooo... sorry :P

The Yellow light enhanced the yellow a little, but I tried to make it not too far off. Originally I had his armor being rusty, but that didn't work so I changed it to black. I left one shoulder pad copper that I will weather with blueish green tones. I am trying to find the spare weapons I magnatized but they seem to have packed the suitcase and left. Either way, here is my Megaboss/Gordrakk on Maw Crusha. He got about an hours work tonight. mostly did some minor highlights on the black and major highlights on the purple bones.

I hope y'all like him.

FullSizeRender(6).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Amazing! Been looking forward to seeing this guy completed! There is just so much to look at! The crusher is stunning and the armour of the boss is fantastic.

One small bit of constructive feedback that caught my eye...could be the angle but the tuft between the rocks looks quite squashed up to me and the shape perhaps a bit unnatural. Feel free to ignore if you disagree [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ademo said:

Amazing! Been looking forward to seeing this guy completed! There is just so much to look at! The crusher is stunning and the armour of the boss is fantastic.

One small bit of constructive feedback that caught my eye...could be the angle but the tuft between the rocks looks quite squashed up to me and the shape perhaps a bit unnatural. Feel free to ignore if you disagree emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Nah I was feeling the same way, so it's nice to hear someone confirm it.

@Mohojoe and @Routasydän thanks guys! :)

• Like 1

Posted in the 1K thread, then noticed you updated your own post instead.

I think the yellow is nailed down on both these, and the Mawcrusha (which I dig, since I bleed purple and gold as its my alma mater's colors). The Green in greenskin though, it seems kind of muted. I think you got it right on the Warchanter, but the rest of the army doesn't have the pop. I actually get more of a Imperial Fists feel than an Orcs feel (which is why I'm not really a fan of Ironjawz in the first place)

As far as painting quality goes though, they're awesome!

6 hours ago, SuperHappyTime said:

Posted in the 1K thread, then noticed you updated your own post instead.

I think the yellow is nailed down on both these, and the Mawcrusha (which I dig, since I bleed purple and gold as its my alma mater's colors). The Green in greenskin though, it seems kind of muted. I think you got it right on the Warchanter, but the rest of the army doesn't have the pop. I actually get more of a Imperial Fists feel than an Orcs feel (which is why I'm not really a fan of Ironjawz in the first place)

As far as painting quality goes though, they're awesome!

Thanks man!

As for the skin, I am in a complete opposite with you. I changed a few orcs from the poppy green to a more muted one. I like to contrast of the two qualities rather than getting too much "lego" feel. I was super close to gluing some 40k backpacks on them, but that would have just made them completely indistinguishable from the real Space Marines.

9 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Thanks man!

As for the skin, I am in a complete opposite with you. I changed a few orcs from the poppy green to a more muted one. I like to contrast of the two qualities rather than getting too much "lego" feel. I was super close to gluing some 40k backpacks on them, but that would have just made them completely indistinguishable from the real Space Marines.

I think it works fantastically. As I said in the 1K thread, I have kept my greenskins the classic look, because I run a muted colour scheme. That skin with yellow armour would be like old school 40k orks (bluergh).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

I think it works fantastically. As I said in the 1K thread, I have kept my greenskins the classic look, because I run a muted colour scheme. That skin with yellow armour would be like old school 40k orks (bluergh).

Yeah, I have a few of those poppy green skin tones on my brown/black clothing rusty armor greenskinz. It looks so much better on those than it did on the Ironjawz! You're right,  I too think that contrast is very important.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ugh, have been super busy with school and commissions so been bad at updating any of my threads. Here are some new units and work on Megaboss on Maw-Krusha:

Make Gore-Gruntas great... I could not deal with the ugly Gruntas, so I sculpted some pig snouts instead. It's not my best work but I did want to keep them simple to have them blend with the minis and not become the focal point either.

Forgive me for my crappy non-cropped image presentation, I'm burning the candle at both ends and want to make sure I give you guys some updates (for those who follow me). For those who do not, I hope you like it. :)

IMG_7203.JPG.b64e137300a4425c2adde15c7848575b.JPG

IMG_7204.JPG.b7728d8cc08b7bd51e61ae071b1f6195.JPGIMG_7206.JPG.d7f4cfa6b2a37fa037a8ac6003c0a48e.JPG

Ardboyz:

IMG_7207.JPG.bc7d8eb6333eda5bfb718cdb447c72bf.JPGIMG_7208.JPG.308997198b6600925b4a7d104b3d9ddc.JPGIMG_7209.JPG.f1129e36c550a0451d6a66a00992955d.JPG

Megaboss on Maw-krusha (When will he ever be done? I don't know.... never?)

IMG_7210.JPG.1ebf04b71ce77afa621e210478516fdc.JPGIMG_7213.JPG.bc6ba8ef6b744040a8e31db8fb97d1d2.JPGIMG_7214.JPG.82594c81d4f2b0207ac5e43c168c1ba6.JPG

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Circus of Paint said:

Great stuff all-round!

I wouldn't of even noticed you resculpted the Grunta's snouts if you didn't mention it - much better now!

Thanks man! That's what I wanted so I'm glad it came off that way!

8 hours ago, elfhead said:

Really like those pigs, wat better than the original models and the paintjob is spot on, those Browns are very nice.

Thank you! At least they're pigs now haha

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

Fantastic work. Your flames are definitely something I'll be copying.

Thanks again man, please do. This community is great for that. I saw @Ademos mushrooms, and I had to take that concept to my own army! He's brilliant for sure.

• Like 1

I like how you took the Megaboss' very openly aggressive pose and closed it a lot whilst maintaining that threatening presence - usually pose conversions involve the opposite! (going from closed to open physical expression).

Only teeny suggestion I have is the angle of the axe hand - it might work better turned so the axe handle is pointing further up than sideways? 

• Like 1