OscarLars Painting Stuff - Ossiarch Bonereaper Update!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BangDoll said:

Stunning army ! 

Thanks so much! 

3 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Truly beautiful golden bois.

Thank you very much! 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Love the choice of colours; the very dark edges give them a very "classic fantasy" visual style that reminds me of a lot of book/album covers from the past. 

Thanks so much! Yeah I started this hobby in the 90s, so I am a huge fan of old-school GW style paintjobs, and artwork from that era and even the 80s like Borris Vallejo, while trying to take a contemporary spin on it. Super stoked you caught on to that! ????

5 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Thanks so much! 

Thank you very much! 

Thanks so much! Yeah I started this hobby in the 90s, so I am a huge fan of old-school GW style paintjobs, and artwork from that era and even the 80s like Borris Vallejo, while trying to take a contemporary spin on it. Super stoked you caught on to that! ????

I think you've captured that era of style fantastically! I often feel that animation through to art the detail and skill has grown in general at large since that era; but we've somewhere along the way lost some of the style and magic that those earlier artists had. Love to see your fully army complete with Endless Spells on the table as I bet that would look a rare treat of fantasy! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Overread said:

I think you've captured that era of style fantastically! I often feel that animation through to art the detail and skill has grown in general at large since that era; but we've somewhere along the way lost some of the style and magic that those earlier artists had. Love to see your fully army complete with Endless Spells on the table as I bet that would look a rare treat of fantasy! 

Soon! Very soon!

what area of the world are you in? 

Everything you paint is amazing but I just absolutely love these stormcasts. So, so good it’s unreal. Love your attitude and commitment and am with you with the only better thing to get attention from me is girlfriend/family although I find an occasional blitz on the computer/console gets me motivated back to painting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oneyah said:

Everything you paint is amazing but I just absolutely love these stormcasts. So, so good it’s unreal. Love your attitude and commitment and am with you with the only better thing to get attention from me is girlfriend/family although I find an occasional blitz on the computer/console gets me motivated back to painting.

Thanks man! I appreciate the support :D

yeah dude, I rock that Battlefront 2 every once in a while too. Gotta blow off steam killing ****** on the screen too  haha ^^

1 hour ago, syph0n said:

Awesome as always. Love the horns on the Dracoth. I always do horns the other way around, but they're very striking light to dark points. 

Thanks dude! Yeah I tend to do this when the neighboring colors to the "root" of the horns are dark, like on this Black Dracoth. That way you always separate the horns from the more fleshy parts. 

1 hour ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Thanks dude! Yeah I tend to do this when the neighboring colors to the "root" of the horns are dark, like on this Black Dracoth. That way you always separate the horns from the more fleshy parts. 

Yes that makes sense. I did similar when I did the claws on my Drakespawn. I didn't think carefully enough about the colour scheme in general because I think I would have done grey horns and claws with the underbelly being a similar colour to the claws. I just had to go more extreme with the highlights. 

You can see with work like yours that not only is the painting first rate, but your decisions are well considered. It all makes a difference. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2018 at 10:06 AM, syph0n said:

Yes that makes sense. I did similar when I did the claws on my Drakespawn. I didn't think carefully enough about the colour scheme in general because I think I would have done grey horns and claws with the underbelly being a similar colour to the claws. I just had to go more extreme with the highlights. 

You can see with work like yours that not only is the painting first rate, but your decisions are well considered. It all makes a difference. 

Yeah, the extra couple of highlights do make a difference in those cases. Well worth putting in. 

Thanks so much man! :D

8 hours ago, Davariel said:

Yikes, a single model painted to this standard is exceptional, an entire army... utterly defies comprehension O.o

Must just about be the best painted army I've ever seen!

Thanks so much! It has been a long journey and its soon to be done. Very excited for GenCon, NOVA Open, and GT finals this year. I hope to snag some Best Army Trophies ^^

15 hours ago, peasant said:

Wow! You are Getting Better and Better, thats truly amazing

Thanks man! I appreciate the hard core follow. :D I'm trying to challenge myself every time, and to be honest, I felt the Lord Celestant wasn't the best model I've painted so far. But all you guys are being super supportive which is helping me to finish these guys on time. So thanks again for all the likes and comments. 

• Like 1