OscarLars Painting Stuff - Ossiarch Bonereaper Update!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 5:33 PM, Charles said:

@Lysandestolpe I am getting withdrawal symptoms from not seeing new models in my favourite thread on TGA.

I’ve looked at the above a bunch of times and they still rock, keep up the great work!

Thanks so much for saying that. Been working on three prosecutors, each taking about 14 hours lol. But I am almost done with them and will be posting them here as soon as they are. You can also follow me on twitter or Instagram: @oscarlars for more WIP updates :) 

thanks for checking in and kicking my butt so I get moving haha. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, syph0n said:

Fantastic as always. How did you learn to paint NMM? 

Thanks man! 

I did my first try back in 2008 on a Deathwing army, and it went meh. I went to art school for about 5 years in which I did a lot of color studying and then I tried again. Went a little better with that background for sure. I also looked at other models by like Riccardo Frizzoni and Rodrigo Ciprés and just tried to copy what I liked about theirs and create my own style. It took a few models to really get into it and figure out a good way to adapt NMM to still work technically and be simple enough to be possible to paint for a 2000pts army in 6 months. So essentially trail and error, education and more trail and error, as well as not giving up just because I failed the first times.

I hope that answers your question :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2018 at 4:53 AM, Lysandestolpe said:

Hey guys, here is the second Decimator for the squad. I’m working on the third guys now and hopefully get to have him done beginning of next week. 

5BA340DD-B9B4-46CD-A6B9-EDD82677E242.jpeg.caea5dfb8ded605cfea465bb21b6f6bb.jpeg

Thanks for looking! 

Seriously as soon as this army is big enough it needs to be featured in White Dwarf! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charles said:

Seriously as soon as this army is big enough it needs to be featured in White Dwarf! 

Wow, thanks so much for saying that my guy! I hope they notice it for sure. I have no clue how they are selecting feature armies for their book, but I suspect having connections in the right places doesn't hurt. Not sure if I have that tho ^^

Would be really fun! Only 2.5 guys left to 1000pts! I'm so excited to show them all to you guys :D

• 2 weeks later...

After move out from a ****** apartment into a newer fresher model, I got some work done on my stinkmullet. I’m stoked about the color palette I’m improvising on him. Trying some weird combos with glazing subtle shades in areas. I had paycadelic acid trip as a concept for him, he does a lot of drugs I heard. ^^

BC1785D0-BD68-4E9A-8CB6-AFD6E994272B.jpeg.b1531d7032f0e99bf841b2f042dfa2e5.jpegB8FDDBA2-ACF3-4C8F-B78A-A0B50A2E8DED.jpeg.3b8741a773c0421bb691cd0208203259.jpeg

Thanks for looking! 

• Like 8