Rules, what is where?

Hey all,

Personally I do not know and cant find what rules are where with the new 2.0 release.

This is also due the fact that I do not have the money currently to purchase all the books that are released but also because the new rules are scattered throughout 3 different book. I cant be the only one that is a bit annoyed by this move of GW. But the only way to maybe prevent this is the future is to vote with my wallet. Because of this I want to make an overview on what rules are in what book. 

In my mind this is usefull for the community to know what to purchase.

Please comment on what needs to be added/changed

Age of Sigmar 2.0 rulebooks

The Core rule book

• Lots of lore from the start of realms up until now
  • The  core rules --> Also free from the GW website and AoS app
  • Rules on how to use Endless Spells (Warscroll for Balewind vortex, the rest is in Malign Sorcery)
  • Grand Alliance , Alliance abilities
  • Pitched Battle Battleplans

Generals Handbook 2018

• The  core rules --> Also free from the GW website and AoS app
  • How to play narative games
  • How to play matched play games
  • Points for everything currently released --> Free from the GW Scrollbuilder website
  • Alliance abilities for:
    • Brayherd
    • Darkling Coves
    • Dispossessed
    • Flesh-eater Courts
    • Free peoples
    • Fyreslayers
    • Ironjawz
    • Seraphon
    • Skaven Pestilens
    • Skaven Skyre
    • Slaanesh
    • Slaved to Darkness
    • Wanderers
  • 12 Pitched Battle Battleplans
  • Battalions (fractions will be included once I know which)

Malign Sorcery

• Realm specific rules
  • Realm spells and artifacts
  • Endless spells rules
  • Endless spells models
  • Endless spells warscrolls --> Also free from the AOS app

Battletomes

Order

• Daughter of Khaine - New battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities
  • Fyreslayers - Older battletome, no alliance abilities (in GBH 2018)
  • Idoneth Deepkin - New battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities
  • Kharadron Overlords - New battletome incl. Battalions and alliance abilities
  • Seraphon - Older battletome, no alliance abilities (in GBH 2018)
  • Stormcast Eternels - Newest battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities and Endless spells
    • There are older version of this Battletome, the 2018 version is the latest
  • Sylvaneth - New battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities

Chaos

• Blades of Khorne - New battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities
    • Keep in mind that there is a Khorne Bloodbound book, this is no longer up to date and included in the Blades of Khorne
  • Disciples of Tzeentech - New battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities
  • Everchosen - Older battletome, no alliance abilities
  • Maggotkin of Nugle - New battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities
  • Skaven Pestilens - Older battletome, no alliance abilities (in GBH 2018)

Death

• Flesh-eaters Courts - Older battletome, no alliance abilities (in GBH 2018)
  • Legions of Nagash - New battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities
  • Nighthaunt - Newest battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities and Endless spells

Destruction

• Beastclaw Raiders - New battletome incl. Battalions  and alliance abilities
  • Bonesplitterz - New battletome incl. Battalions , own spells and alliance abilities
  • Ironjawz - Older battletome, no alliance abilities (in GBH 2018)

Places to buy the books

• In the AOS app
    • Cheapest way to purchase
    • Updated with FAQ's
    • Unlocks the rules in My Battle
    • Cannot be printed
    • Locked to account so can only be view on phone or tablet
  • From Ibook store
    • Bit more expensive then the app
    • Updated with FAQ
    • Does not unlock the rules in My Battle
    • Can be viewed on phone, tablet and pc
    • Cannot be printed
  • From Warhammer Digital
    • Bit more expensive then the app
    • Not updated with FAQ
    • Can be viewed on everything that has a Epub3 reader
    • Can be printed
  • Physical copy
    • All the pro's from owning a physical copy
    • Most expensive

38 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Endless Spells rules are both in the core book and the malign sorcery pack?

Seems some factions are missing allegiance spells in the GHB. Bonesplitterz?

Yes the rules on how to use are both in the Core rule book and Malign Sorcery book, as far as I am told.

Bonesplitterz have an up to date Battletome, Alliance abilities are in this book.

10 minutes ago, syph0n said:

What about the warscroll battalions for factions like Order Serpentis? Are they in the Grand Alliance Order book only? 

As fas as I can find Battalions are only in the Battletomes

21 minutes ago, syph0n said:

What about the warscroll battalions for factions like Order Serpentis? Are they in the Grand Alliance Order book only? 

They are in the Grand Alliance Book. In the Generals Handbook 2018 there are only the Battalions that were in the Generals Handbook 2017.

@Dongilles

If you mean the Pitched Battle Battleplans, with 6 Battleplans and 12 Battleplans the numbers are wrong. There are 6 Battleplans in the Corebook and 12 in the Generals Handbook.

48 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Endless Spells rules are both in the core book and the malign sorcery pack?

In the rulebook are the rules for the Balewind Vortex. The Rules for the Spells that are included in the box are only cards (not printed in the Malign Sorcery Book)

48 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Seems some factions are missing allegiance spells in the GHB. Bonesplitterz?

Why, Bonesplitters have there Allegiance Abilities including the spells in there battletome. Only factions with a battletome older than Sylvaneth or don't have a battletome have Allegiance Abilities in the Generals Handbook.

6 minutes ago, Caffran101 said:

They come as a set of small cards with the Malign Sorcery pack.

For some utterly bizarre they arent printed in the books - so hope you dont lose any!

They can also be downloaded for free from the GW website or from the AOS app

The GHB 2018 also contains all the new scenery warscrolls (Baleful Realmgates, Dragonfate Dais ect.). These are significantly different from the old ones.

At present the warscrolls linked from  the prodcuts on GW website don't seem to have been updated. I also cant see them in the AoS app, so correct me if I'm wrong but I think the GHB 2018 is currently the only place to find them.

2 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Isn't this question a little early? The new edition isn't even 2 weeks old.

Well, I'm new to AoS, so I didn't know if the core book had core battleplans while the the GHB was more geared toward matched and narrative or etc.

I'm just trying to figure out what I should get if my friends and I want to get together and play some matched points games. I'm finding it a bit overwhelming how many different places there are for rules/ways to play the game.

1 minute ago, dmorley21 said:

Well, I'm new to AoS, so I didn't know if the core book had core battleplans while the the GHB was more geared toward matched and narrative or etc.

I'm just trying to figure out what I should get if my friends and I want to get together and play some matched points games. I'm finding it a bit overwhelming how many different places there are for rules/ways to play the game.

I agree with you!  

50 minutes ago, SuperKick said:

If you play matched play then you'll find that the battle plans in the ghb will be used for the vast majority of games. 

Well in the GHB you roll a D3, on a 1 - 2 you roll a D6 and use the corresponding battleplan for the Core rulebook, so it's a 33/66 split. 

Archived