Starting a sylvaneth army

barryvw

Im a little ahead of you (but still new my self)... I am sure some more experienced players will correct me if needed. 

I would not expect any new units in the near future. I also would not expect a new tome, out tome was the first of the current generation and format.  I would say we are near the end of the line for updates.... just infront of armies that will likkly never get an update. 

The summoning rules do help us out some. 

As far as models. I went with first a start collecting box, then a branch wrayth, then a box of dryads, then a box of hunters,  currently saving my pennies for a second start collecting box. 

I would start with the normal recommendation of 2 Start Collecting boxes - then look at some Kurnoths and maybe Alarielle for some big punch. Then decide if you want to build around a battalion - Dreadwood appears to be in a wonderful spot right now, which means you would need 4 units of Spite Revs added to that. You'll need plenty of woods as well (if your tables are cool with you making them, I would recommend that) to take full advantage of your allegiance and special abilities. 

I started with 2x Start Collecting Boxes, and then bought a box of Kurnoth Hunters, a box of Tree Revs, and a Branchwraith.    I wanted to get a feel for how all of the different unit work before invested more.    I can put together several different 1k point lists, or throw everything on the table for a 1.5k point game. 

Archived