A most boring log!

Darkfine

I realize it’s pretty much all Nurgle all the time but here is another one!  

I am severely ADD when it comes to hobby related things.  I bounce from painting to converting to sculpting and the one thing I’ve never done is try to log it so figured I didn’t have enough to do already.

Working on converting the Khorne half of the old two player set over to Big Papa Nurgle.

image.jpg

• Like 6

Nice work 

10 minutes ago, Darkfine said:

Work on a War Mammoth sculpt, the armature is almost done(32mm base for scale)

Would not it be more practical to start with an elephant toy of the same scale as armature ?  (and less greedy with greenstuff/miliput)

It would be for sure!  The issue I’m having is sourcing one with exact dimensions online.  Isn’t really anywhere local outside of lucking out at a thrift store to grab one though.

For now the plan is to do most of the sculpt with DAS putty and greenstuff the facial details.

This blog is not going to be boring!  To me it looks exciting and ambitious. 

Looking forward to to seeing the mammoth progress. I like what you’ve done with the blood warriors, will you use those as mark of Nurgle chaos warriors?

I also like the colour scheme and use of UHU glue on the herald. 

Keep up up the good work. 

MGP

Got a little progress on the Warriors!  Not entirely convinced on the paint at the moment but I’ll go ahead and finish with the scheme and see where I land.  Worst case scenario is I’ll convert another set and have had some practice for it!  

Also a few shots of some of the other Khorne stuff, all very WIP!

The Feculent Gnarlmaw still needs some detail, like some Nurglings peeking around it and a lot of work on the base, little bark work but it is mostly there.

The Reavers I’ll admit were a little slapdash as a proof of concept, and I failed a little trying to create a sense of motion with offset stomachs.

Next up is my Harbinger and Demon Prince conversions.  Based on Twiceborne and Khorgorath respectively.

Last is just a little Maraurader “come at me” pose.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Darkfine
  • Like 2

The Mammoth has a clay start!  Doing the base layer of clay in batches then building out the feet, then head, then fur.  For structural reasons I am considering cheaping out and using the tusks from the BCR kit and maybe elongating them.

image.jpg

Edited by Darkfine
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Darkfine said:

The Mammoth has a clay start!  Doing the base layer of clay in batches then building out the feet, then head, then fur.  For structural reasons I am considering cheaping out and using the tusks from the BCR kit and maybe elongating them.

image.jpg

I don’t think anyone could say you’re cheating out on anything considering you’re creating an entire mammoth from scratch. I am very eager to see this mammoth complete, after playing a campaign with Wulfrik the Wanderer in Total Warhammer I’ve had a recent fascination with chaos mammoths. I’m hoping when they release the new darkoath army that a new plastic mammoth is the centerpiece model, because I really want to create a norsca inspired army.

Some painting done on a Beast of Nurgle, they never do well at all for me but I love them anyway.

I’m a little stuck on the belly color, it isn’t working out but for all the red that the wounds will have purple seems like a poor choice.

image.jpg

Lola has a foot!  Well the start of one anyway.   

The front end is still bare armature but I’ve decided to get the rear finished and mounted on the base as I’m reasonably certain her head is going to weigh enough to unbalance the model once it’s shaped.

98FE13F5-386F-4BE2-ADCB-147F4A8D92D1.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been a minute and in the intervening time I got distracted by giant dinosaurs and dinosaurs riding dinosaurs and space wizard frogs!

I’ve got this whole narrative worked out where my Slann decided to give his memories a home and splintered a Realmgate just a tiny bit to create a pocket reality where his memories could be given life.

Tzeentch being the guy he is discovered this and what was supposed to be a tropical island paradise is now a snow blasted wasteland.

Enter snow lizards!

48614927-DBBE-4EA5-B72D-388EE069C5FD.jpeg

5E166238-CD98-47AF-8DBD-9916AB91D7F2.jpeg

98937CE1-4117-464F-B24E-E9D3EB1983BE.jpeg

Back to Nurgle!  Sort of.

One of my 2k lists “Archaon Bomb” employs a Mighty Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut.  Well those nerds are expensive so  I scrounged up a Juggernaut and turned the Mighty Lord from the old 2 player starter into a Lord on Juggernaut.

WiP

876AC8C7-233F-4607-99AE-3B649BD9F6EF.jpeg

• Like 1