Stormcast Stormhosts

Erdemo86

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, stato said:

In the new Battletome?  They dont (yet) on the app but i dont think they will.  The is an ability where sequitors or redeemers (libs only currently) can be picked to be buffed, maybe thats what you are thinking of?  Really i was just wondering if Redeemer chamber was going to get anything new, currently its just liberators (and Steelhearts band - also Liberators)

Back to Stormhosts, I'm impressed so many people are thinking beyond none-host and taking Staunch defender. Be good to see the different play styles and armies that come out of these new rules.

Sequitors do have the redeemer keyword, it's on the full warscroll from the easy to build box

Therefore HoS can be used to bring back Sequitors

6 minutes ago, SilverJay said:

Sequitors do have the redeemer keyword, it's on the full warscroll from the easy to build box

Interesting, so they do. This would seem to be the full scroll (though havnt seem the new Battletome to confirm)

Soul wars sequitors warscroll doesnt though 

46 minutes ago, SilverJay said:

Final nail in the coffin for Liberators. Sequitors are now officially preferable in every single aspect.

6 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Final nail in the coffin for Liberators. Sequitors are now officially preferable in every single aspect.

Except you need an Arcanum General to make them Battleline, which isn't bad, but that means you can't rock Staunch/Mirror Stardrake or similar. 

Like, an Arcanum is a worthwhile investment, but still points you must take into account.

Just now, RocketMan said:

Where can i find it?

In Malign Sorcery. Warscroll is on the App or here: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Malign_Sorcery_Chronomantic_Cogs.pdf

Just now, RocketMan said:

I found the spell...u think u really need that?

I think its the best utility that stormcast got in aos 2.0. you can drop your unit 9“ away and then charge, so you need 7+ to charge. 

17 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Except you need an Arcanum General to make them Battleline, which isn't bad, but that means you can't rock Staunch/Mirror Stardrake or similar. 

Like, an Arcanum is a worthwhile investment, but still points you must take into account.

Not so much of a problem if you keep them nearby. It is a 6" radius afterall, but it does make them a hell of a target.

However, choosing a Stormhost means you lose Staunch Defender regardless, so you need to ask: Are any of these worth taking over it?

11 minutes ago, Siorra said:

Not so much of a problem if you keep them nearby. It is a 6" radius afterall, but it does make them a hell of a target.

However, choosing a Stormhost means you lose Staunch Defender regardless, so you need to ask: Are any of these worth taking over it?

That's the real question, and I think one of the best design decisions in this Battletome. Do you take the ever-reliable Staunch+Mirrorshield, or get really powerful unique abilities? 

I feel like if you take a Stormhost, you're fairly pressured into bringing a Battalion to get an extra "good" Artifact. There are still a couple good Battalions for SCE, so it's not a big deal, but it is an investment.

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

I think its the best utility that stormcast got in aos 2.0. you can drop your unit 9“ away and then charge, so you need 7+ to charge. 

Don't forget you can use a CP to reroll the charge, too.

5 minutes ago, Dez said:

Don't forget you can use a CP to reroll the charge, too.

Or just drop a Vexillor near them. He's quite reasonable now at 120 points, I think both the teleport banner and the MW banner are worth considering for that price.

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

Or just drop a Vexillor near them. He's quite reasonable now at 120 points, I think both the teleport banner and the MW banner are worth considering for that price.

Vexillor is one of the big winners of this update. On-demand Scions with such a big re-roll charges bubble is a great combo. The unlimited range  warranteed re-deployment or the MW area are almost a bonus.

For charging after Scions/vanguard outflanking I think I prefer it over the Cogs, as the latter requires a Wizard on top (you could already field one for its own merits, though).

If Treasured Standards got any slight adjustment, It would make Vexillors even more attractive.

6 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Vexillor is one of the big winners of this update. On-demand Scions with such a big re-roll charges bubble is a great combo. The unlimited range  warranteed re-deployment or the MW area are almost a bonus.

For charging after Scions/vanguard outflanking I think I prefer it over the Cogs, as the latter requires a Wizard on top (you could already field one for its own merits, though).

If Treasured Standards got any slight adjustment, It would make Vexillors even more attractive.

They did, you're in luck! Hurricane Banner is reroll any Run or Charge dice instead of just 1s. Licheborne Standard now also heals Heroes in the bubble, which is nice. I don't know if they're going to be a pick over other Artifacts (especially with the Realm ones as well), but they're much better.

5 minutes ago, Requizen said:

They did, you're in luck! Hurricane Banner is reroll any Run or Charge dice instead of just 1s. Licheborne Standard now also heals Heroes in the bubble, which is nice. I don't know if they're going to be a pick over other Artifacts (especially with the Realm ones as well), but they're much better.

Hurricane banner sounds better but still a bit of a head-scratcher (half the ability is already given by the Vexillor, isn't it?). Lichebone sounds great for making Scions-dropping units more survivable (mainly those that don't make the charge), now that it heals heroes it makes way more sense.

A nice way to make the Vexillor that bit more special.

5 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Hurricane banner sounds better but still a bit of a head-scratcher (half the ability is already given by the Vexillor, isn't it?). Lichebone sounds great for making Scions-dropping units more survivable (mainly those that don't make the charge), now that it heals heroes it makes way more sense.

A nice way to make the Vexillor that bit more special.

the vexxilior make you reroll your charge roll. The banner, only one dice.

When you need a big charge roll and make something like a 6 and a 2, or a 6 and a 3, being able to reroll only the 3 instead of both make it incredibly reliable. 

4 minutes ago, ledha said:

the vexxilior make you reroll your charge roll. The banner, only one dice.

When you need a big charge roll and make something like a 6 and a 2, or a 6 and a 3, being able to reroll only the 3 instead of both make it incredibly reliable. 

Yeah, I can see the bennefit. Worth the artifact slot? Maybe not, but it's there.

10 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

Don’t think is really Worth taking honestly 

So you want try to charge 9“? You know that scion of the storm changed right? I think( and alot of other Stormcast Players) that Chronomatic Coggs are an auto include/ must have.

6 hours ago, Roark said:

Would you mind laying it out plainly for someone who's been under a rock? Cheers.

Scions is now automatic and doesn't require a roll. You need to deploy one unit on the field for one unit in reserve in the realms. And you have to setup your reserved units by turn 3. The icing on the cake : you get a -1 to hit your unit the turn you land (turn, not round so very useful if you charge right away).

4 hours ago, Peegee said:

Scions is now automatic and doesn't require a roll. You need to deploy one unit on the field for one unit in reserve in the realms. And you have to setup your reserved units by turn 3. The icing on the cake : you get a -1 to hit your unit the turn you land (turn, not round so very useful if you charge right away).

That's sick. Thanks mate.

Archived