Going to play my first age of Sigmar game (Sylvaneth)

Deja vu

Other than a bit of skirmish against my kids I have yet to play Age of sigmar even though I have several box sets. 

I am wanting to field Sylvaneth 1000 point game

Currently I own the start collecting box, 1 Branch Wraith and a box of Wyldwoods.  I know this is not enough points for the 1000. ( I also have the endless spell box on order), id like to know what to get next on a budget to field a 1000 point army. They are using 2.0 (the game is still 2.5 weeks away).  I am struggling to find point values for 2.0 but I imagen that will be pretty easily had once GHB 2018 is out

Any advise? Id like to keep it cheep ( money wise) as possible at this point. 

Another Start collecting sylvanet is the best bet. A great buy for more troops, another wizzard and another version of the big guy (Tree lord or Ancien tree lord or the durthu). If you want to complete a bit (strategically wise), a box of hunters (or revenant). My preference to hunters.

Building a TLA from the stat collection box is a great way to get a decent wizard and a heavy hitter in a 1000pts list IMHO.

Getting another Battleline unit is a must, I recommend a unit of 5 Tree Revenants. They are amazing units, great for grabbing objectives and keeping enemy hero’s on the back board edge on their toes.

From there, you’ve got a really solid backbone to your army. You can then either go more big trees (another starting box and build the big tree as a Treelord) or medium trees (Kurnoth Hunters). Personally, I like the Kurnoth Hunters as it adds more variety to the list and they spread your Tree-Lords command ability further.

Hope this helps! Come join us in the Sylvaneth thread and tell us how you get on ?

Archived