The Painting Contract - July 2018

Mohojoe

On 7/1/2018 at 11:07 PM, Spears said:

I'maiming to get the spooky section of soul wars finished, manged to wade through most of the chainrasps today.

Not sure what to do with bases though so open to suggestions on these.

wTtM9Iv.jpg

I love your colour scheme, what's your method?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AGPO said:

I love your colour scheme, what's your method?

Thanks!

Its just primed chaos black, then vallejo grey primer from the floaty tips, glazed vallejo blue green past the grey so that it has parts of both primer underneath and finally a coat of ghost grey on the pointy bits.

I began my AoS armies last month, so this month I'll continue expanding them.

Pledge: Assembling the SCE and KBB forces from the Thunder & Blood set and priming everything.

Bonus: Girlfriend teased that she will buy me a Soul Wars set. If this happens, the SCE will be expanded with some ranged units as well :)

Hopefully I will be faster this month, as I don't have to work on my Death Guard army this month.

I honestly don't know what I'll get done. My dad died. I'm the executor. I bought a house. I'm settling in.

That said. Painting.

Probably Nurgle stuff.  Already did 4 plaguebearers and the new Stormcast warband for Shadespire.

More Nurgle on my desk. Lots of undead. I'll just post as I do stuff this month.

I hope everything goes well for you @Sleboda. If you do get a chance I find painting can be a great distraction.

I have however purchased soul wars and plan to assemble at least the stormcasts and also the spell pack. Hope to maybe get one of the small squads or a character painted up by the end of the month. Wish they didn’t have these join lines across the shoulder pads though.

Hi there, Pretty new to AoS and completely new to TGA. This sounds motivating! 

My goal for this month- 

10 vulkite berserkers 

Stretch goal

5 hearthguard berserkers and/or my Runefather on foot.

Made more progress on my Soul Wars (+ ETB Sequitors(which I posted all finished)) goal. Got the Lord Arcanum, Knight-Incantor and an Evocator-Prime finished now too. 

On the sequitors the blue was just a tiny spot colour done with a micron pen (which ran out when it was put away in a drawer somehow!), but now on these more venerable or senior models, it's almost like the tertiary colour. It's made them look almost flamboyant, which I do not mind at all. I've almost created Stormcast Harlequins, which again I do not mind.

20180705_145442.jpg

20180705_145507.jpg

Coming up later this month! (next gameday is 21th so bit of a deadline). 

Finishing up: 
 10 witches
- 2 old skool spawn of chaos (Stretch)
- First try at OSL on the cauldron of Blood. 

Built & Paint: 5 Arkhanauts, 1 navigator, 1 admiral (stretch)

Assemble & see how far I get painting the frigate. So I can play it. 

1 hour ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Not Shure if I should stay to this paint scheme. In my mind it worked well, on the figure not so much. Any thoughts?

20180707_132308~2.jpg

What, specifically, was the green look you were going for for the skin? Was it pale green undertones (like a dead fish?) Or more green overall?

Visually the skin would work well lighter, but there is minimal muscle definition in your current scheme.

Some Coelia Greenshade with a layer up of Deathguard green and an edge of Nurgling green might work. Or just a drybrush Of Nurgling green over the skin, perhaps?

Hello all! I'm excited to start a Stormcast army for AoS 2nd edition. Hopefully I can lean on everyone here for motivation and inspiration.

My pledge for July is:

1 x Liberator (test model)

10 x Sequitors

I've already made good progress on my test model. I'll post it here later for feedback.

Well I've started...  Since I took this pic, I've cleaned up 3 of the Grimghast Reapers (model A) and realised that all of them are going to need a certain amount of gap filling which is going to cut into the available time a bit.  Would have liked to have got more done, but Saturday was the local beer fest :D

DhnD91TX4AA7iU8.jpg:large

I have also looked at the calendar and realised that I only have 3 weekends before Blackout (my target date) - one of which I'm away for a stag do and another I'm out for all of one day at a family BBQ...  Planning is underway - it's going to be tight and likely require some late nights!

Wish me luck! I bought a lot of Kharadron overlords but the person I bought them from painted 15 out of 20 Arkanauts, beautifully I might add. So now I have the challenge of painting the rest to such a standard that they don’t look out of place. (Luckily it’s the right port ;) )

image.jpg.43f6b08818c051de982dc3f029904ce7.jpg

Archived