The Painting Contract - July 2018

Mohojoe

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for July 2018!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/ Shadows Over Hammerhal, Blood Bowl or Shadespire as well as AoS. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First painting contract of the new edition! 

Anyone starting a new army or warband?

I have decided to start a Kharadrons Overlord force and resurrect my old fluff that I began writing before the army actually dropped.

With that in mind this month I pledge to paint 10x Arkanauts and my stretch goals will be an AetherKhemist and an Admiral.

Good luck guys, as always looking forward to seeing what our great community is up to.

This Last month was a challenge for me (summer ... beautiful outdoors ... outside obligations ...) so I’m running behind...

This month let’s see if I can finish off the:

- Bloodsecrator and

- Khorgorath

- And that large metal Daemon thing from the realm of metal (yeah that’s it ;) ... which may or may not be an imperial Knight ...)

Stretch goals:

- Prime: Pink Horrors/Putrid Blightkings/Chaos Spawn

- Paint: Pink Horrors, Chaos Spawn

- Build/Convert: 10 Blood Warriors, 20 Bloodreavers

As many stormcast from Soul Wars as I possibly can. I'm still lazy so I'm trying to decide what would be quicker/easier to do as a scheme: hammers of Sigmar or Hallowed Knights? Might depend on if they have rules for stormhosts in the battletome

Last month went well for me with the last of the archers I could possibly need and enough spearmen for now. So now it's time to paint a dragon.

Using the Dreadlord on Black Dragon kit for my Dragonlord with a bit of conversion on the rider.

Stretch goal is some White Lions. 

Let's see how this pans out. Also need to get some better photos of my Highborn infantry as  folks have been asking. 

Right, time to take part properly this month!

I am on track to complete my Gryocopter for the end of June. So my target for July is...

• Complete another unit of 10 longbeards
  • Convert and Complete a runelord
  • Complete one set of Azyrite ruins

Stretch Goal:

• Complete a converted lord ordinator
  • Make a start on a unit of ironbreakers. I would be very surprised if I can complete this.

Aloha!

I'm new to the community. I'll start off real small as I've promised to assemble and prime my girlfriends necrons from the start collecting and forgebane.

This month I will strip and repaint my old chaos champion from 2001 or something like that. The dude with two axes and a sheathed dagger. I'm also planning on buying a box of Kairic Acolytes but I'm a busy guy and can't promise I'll get anywhere on them!

Hello! I'm pretty new to the community and the hobby, returning after dabbling when I was younger in 40k. Just jumped into AoS with the Thunder and Blood starter set. Also pre-ordered the new Soul Wars box set.

Goals for July:

Finish the Stormcast Eternals from my smaller starter set including:

-5 more Liberators (5 basically done)

-5 Retributors (bought the 2 extras for a full squad)

-3 Prosecutors

-1 Lord Relictor

Stretch Goal (not likely to happen ?)

-Start painting a unit of Sequitors from the Soul Wars set.

Thanks for the thread, I'm hoping this will keep me accountable!

2 minutes ago, MrZakalwe said:

Even then! I doubt I'll have done 160 miniatures by the end of the year!

Well how should I put it, I’ll be painting my clanrats with  the base colours and some shade.

i myself am not really interested in highlighting every detail since it would be just to much. Especially for clanrats.

stormvermins, and other skaven models are then again a different kind of story 

36 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi everybody, if possible, I would like to join.

as for a goal, I’ll be trying to paint up 80-160 clanrats and some stormvermin this month.

You nutter. 

I shall be cheering from the sidelines, following your descent into madness :D

1 hour ago, Feradac said:

Hello! I'm pretty new to the community and the hobby, returning after dabbling when I was younger in 40k. Just jumped into AoS with the Thunder and Blood starter set. Also pre-ordered the new Soul Wars box set.

Goals for July:

Finish the Stormcast Eternals from my smaller starter set including:

-5 more Liberators (5 basically done)

-5 Retributors (bought the 2 extras for a full squad)

-3 Prosecutors

-1 Lord Relictor

Stretch Goal (not likely to happen ?)

-Start painting a unit of Sequitors from the Soul Wars set.

Thanks for the thread, I'm hoping this will keep me accountable!

Glad you made it, good luck with your stormie dudes!

17 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

You nutter. 

I shall be cheering from the sidelines, following your descent into madness :D

Don’t worry, I probably  already have gotten mad.

After all only a mad rat man can play 380 clanrats and 2warlords  in a 2000p tournament and get third place.

(i think the guys I played against weren’t to happy about my  armylist??)

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

After all only a mad rat man can play 380 clanrats and 2warlords  in a 2000p tournament and get third place.

Wow. I imagine this works a lot better now in the new edition. 

Good luck all!

I'd best weigh back in after a couple of months "off" - during those months I've largely achieved nothing xD  However July means that I've only a month left to go until BLACKOUT2018.  So the broad target is to increase my Legions of Nagash army up to a semi-decent 2000 points, this will mostly be from Nighthaunt models and painted up to the same standard as my Knight of Shrouds I posted on here the other week.

On the "definite" shortlist is: 

30 x Grimghast Reapers
4 x Myrmourn Banshees

With possibly one or two characters

Stretch goals will be:

20 x Chainrasp

I'd love to sort out a second Vampire, but that's probably pushing it a bit too far.  Commitment wise, I'm away this weekend for the AoS Open Day, the weekend after is a local Beer Fest, I've then a Stag do another weekend and a BBQ one day.  So out of 5 weekends - I've only one entirely free :D  It's not a proper tournament unless you're not enough time!

Archived