AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Morning all,

Here is the new thread for discussing Dispossessed. With the imminent release of AoS 2 (and a lot of the info already being out there), now is the time for us to start afresh on TGA.

Moving forward, this will be the main thread to chat about and discuss Dispossessed in the new edition. I still wholly encourage people to keep their own threads/army blogs within this sub forum and I also think those are a great place to share some photos as I know not everyone frequents the Painting & Modelling section (like me!). But this thread is purely for discussion around the faction, things such as (but not limited to) tactics and list building etc. You all know the drill, we've been doing it on this forum since inception!

For newer players, I would say the older thread could still be worth perusal (especially as it's one of the shorter ones!) and whilst it is now locked for further replies, you can find it here - http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/11151-lets-chat-dispossessed/

Really excited to see what we can come up with as a community and I look forward to reading all your ideas and thoughts.

Chris

• Like 1

Here we go! 

In the old topic I posted a report of some early testing of the new edition with what I called an "antimagic" list. Should be interesting to post it:

120 Warden King

140 Knight-incantor

100 Runelord

100 Runelord

260 Steam Tank

200 Longbeards x20

420 Hammerers x30

280 Ironbreakers x20

360 Irondrakes x20

20 Malevolent Maelstrom

With that in mind and the weight of the command point system i decided to try a list able to begin the game with 1 command point; I'm going to try this list in my next game and post the result, as i did with the first one, to brainstorm some ideas! 

120 Warden King

100 Runelord

100 Runelord

80 Grimwrath Beeserker

160 Warriors x20

200 Longbeards x20

420 Hammerers x30

140 Ironbreakers x10

360 Irondrakes x20

260 Steam tank

Again, sorry for my bad spelling: english is not my first lenguage.

• Like 2

Hey everyone! Dispossessed are looking quite nice in this new edition, I have high hopes for them and I plan on restarting my old dwarf army after this summer, once I start being able to afford minis again :P Anyways, I thought I'd start this thread with a question to put things in perspective:

What do you guys think will be the golden standard as far as allies go? There are lots of options for us, but I feel for now a wizard might be mandatory, if nothing else because local metas will more than likely run endless spells we won't be able to touch without the Incantor. Having said that, I feel a cannon is always cool, so maybe a good combination of allies could be a Incantor + a cannon and a lord ordinator/engineer? Steam tanks look good too, and cost the same than a cannon+ordinator, so that's a valid choice too! 

As far as armies go, testing will be needed, and I'm looking forward to seeing any contributions people make in the future. Likewise, when I finally get to start my forces, I'll start posting my own experiences too! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

I still think the Chronomantic Cogs are essential on an allied wizard. 

This could be good! We need to check some more Stormcast wizard, the Lord Exorcist looks good.

54 minutes ago, smucreo said:

What do you guys think will be the golden standard as far as allies go? 

Wizards are good, they give us options, i guess. Steam tank or other artilleries but not the Ordinator, we cannot waste 140 points on one or two pieces of artillery. I like the Grimwrath berserker and i keep checking the Fulminator (or other dracoth knights) warscroll....so tempting. ?.

Celestant prime is now overprices, Brokk Grungsson is way cheaper and has similar stats. 

P.s. Skywardens and Endrinriggers are always good ones, i think.

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, smucreo said:

What do you guys think will be the golden standard as far as allies go? There are lots of options for us, but I feel for now a wizard might be mandatory, if nothing else because local metas will more than likely run endless spells we won't be able to touch without the Incantor. Having said that, I feel a cannon is always cool, so maybe a good combination of allies could be a Incantor + a cannon and a lord ordinator/engineer? Steam tanks look good too, and cost the same than a cannon+ordinator, so that's a valid choice too! 

Fast stuff to hop on objectives and some kind of Stormcast wzard to cast Chronomatic Cogs, effectively making competitive Dispossessed Dwarfs with benefits.

Aetherwings have dropped in points in the new GHB, meaning you could easily run five units of three at 2k to hop on objectives and hold up enemy units while you wait for your newly minted elite battleline to catch up and set up camp, with points left over for an allied wizard.???

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Fast stuff to hop on objectives and some kind of Stormcast wzard to cast Chronomatic Cogs, effectively making competitive Dispossessed Dwarfs with benefits.

Aetherwings have dropped in points in the new GHB, meaning you could easily run five units of three at 2k to hop on objectives and hold up enemy units while you wait for your newly minted elite battleline to catch up and set up camp, with points left over for an allied wizard.???

The problem with the birds is that they aren't sold separately :(

Hello fellow Dawi!

With the coming of AoS v2, and Ironbreakers as battlelines, i'm finally coming to collect Warhammer miniatures seriously.
Been a long-time fan of lore, rpgs, videogames and such, though.

I heard mobility is a big thing in Age of Sigmar. Is it true ? Or is the following list going to be fun to play ? =>

Leaders
(1) Warden King [120pts]
(3) Rune Lords (300pts]

Battleline
(30) Ironbreakers [360pts]
(10) Ironbreakers [140pts]

Other units

(20) Irondrakes [360pts]
(10) Irondrakes [180pts]

Artillery (allies)

(1) Celestar Ballista (converted with Dawi engineers) [100pts]

Thanks for your answers ! Looking forward to joining the community :-)

1 minute ago, Alaric83 said:

Hello fellow Dawi!

With the coming of AoS v2, and Ironbreakers as battlelines, i'm finally coming to collect Warhammer miniatures seriously.

I heard mobility is a big thing in Age of Sigmar. Is it true ? Or is the following list going to be fun to play ? =>

Leaders
(1) Warden King [120pts]
(3) Rune Lords (300pts]

Battleline

Other units

(20) Irondrakes [360pts]
(10) Irondrakes [180pts]

Artillery (allies)

Thanks for your answers ! Looking forward to joining the community :-)

Mobility is certainly something you need to be aware of to win matched play scenarios, but while Dwarfs are slow(er) they can still move enough as long as they dont stand still every turn and charge rather than just be charged. We also have the pick-axe artefact as a good option as additional movement shenanigans.

4 Ballista...  Love it!   I have 2 or 3 (i forget) lead Dwarf ballista im thinking of using as stand-ins ?

13 minutes ago, Alaric83 said:

Hello fellow Dawi!

Leaders
(1) Warden King [120pts]
(3) Rune Lords (300pts]

Battleline

Other units

(20) Irondrakes [360pts]
(10) Irondrakes [180pts]

Artillery (allies)

Thanks for your answers ! Looking forward to joining the community ?

That's a very OLD style army! I like the 4 Ballista but i suggest to cut the 10 man unit of Irondrakes. With the new rules an units engaged in combat can only shoot at an enemy within 3".... if you add this to the warscroll limitation of the Irondrakes they can be terrible to handle, in a deepstrike or a deep charge/teleport situation.  I would keep the 20 man units but add bodies to defend your heavy gunline! I can see the list crumble playing against some hard charging Ironjawz/BeastClaw raiders/Nurgle/Stormcast/Idoneth list. Maybe 30 Ironbrakers, 20 Ironbreakers and 20 Warriors ? More Duardin shield for your guns!

3 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

That's a very OLD style army! I like the 4 Ballista but i suggest to cut the 10 man unit of Irondrakes. With the new rules an units engaged in combat can only shoot at an enemy within 3".... if you add this to the warscroll limitation of the Irondrakes they can be terrible to handle, in a deepstrike or a deep charge/teleport situation.  I would keep the 20 man units but add bodies to defend your heavy gunline! I can see the list crumble playing against some hard charging Ironjawz/BeastClaw raiders/Nurgle/Stormcast/Idoneth list. Maybe 30 Ironbrakers, 20 Ironbreakers and 20 Warriors ? More Duardin shield for your guns!

More shields is good, but if they have something hitting you hard enough to be taking out Ironbreakers then you probably want to be shooting at it?

Hello everyone.

I played Dwarfs in WHFB and for the past 10 years or so have only played with my buddies when we get together a couple of times a year. Now with AoS 2.0, I'm looking to return to the hobby.

I always like to try different armies, and have stumbled across the Ironbark Wargrove in the Sylvaneth battletome which allows you to take 2 Duardin units as part of your army. I'm wondering which Dispossessed (or other Duardin... the different splits are hard to follow) units you think would be best in such a force. I'm currently leaning towards Ironbreakers and Irondrakes... which were two of my favorite units from before.

Thanks!

For sure but 20 irondrakes have a 40 shot 3+ 3+ -2 (runelord) 1 damage. Assuming a rerolling 1 and a +1 to wound from the king the damage output is between 19 to 25 against a 4+ save.  In my opinion you need shields to keep them save, not more shooting ??

7 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Hello everyone.

I played Dwarfs in WHFB and for the past 10 years or so have only played with my buddies when we get together a couple of times a year. Now with AoS 2.0, I'm looking to return to the hobby.

I always like to try different armies, and have stumbled across the Ironbark Wargrove in the Sylvaneth battletome which allows you to take 2 Duardin units as part of your army. I'm wondering which Dispossessed (or other Duardin... the different splits are hard to follow) units you think would be best in such a force. I'm currently leaning towards Ironbreakers and Irondrakes... which were two of my favorite units from before.

Thanks!

I think straight-up Warriors can complement Sylvaneth quite nicely, and they are cheap on points for Matched Play.

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Sell the Vanguard-Raptors on at a profit to greedy mortal wound junkies.

Alternatively:

99800112014_RazonwingFlockNEW_01.jpg

(Ravens benefiting the Norse look Dispossessed are rocking)

Where are these birds from? And how many points do they cost now anyways? I'm seriously considering them for my army.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

@Furuzzolo - did someone call for an anti magic endless spell that helps compensate for the Dispossessed's lack of long range options? ?

EndlessSpells-June27-EverblazeComet2uq.j

Waaaaait a second. If i bring a STORMCAST ETERNAL WIZARD i can cast this nightmare? 

Edited by Furuzzolo