AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, Saiken said:

Stupid question incoming : If one fields a Bloodwrack shrine, does this count for the "Bloodwrack medusa general" requirement that allows us to make Blood Sisters  battleline units ?

Yes, the way the shrine is treated its basically like an upgrade to the Medusa. Just like the Blood Cauldron is an upgrade to the Hag/Slaughter Queens. 

So long as you set the Bloodwrack to be your general it will count as the Medusa component. Similarly you can use a Bloodwrack/Cauldron for Battalions as well 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Overread said:

Yes, the way the shrine is treated its basically like an upgrade to the Medusa. Just like the Blood Cauldron is an upgrade to the Hag/Slaughter Queens. 

So long as you set the Bloodwrack to be your general it will count as the Medusa component. Similarly you can use a Bloodwrack/Cauldron for Battalions as well 

Note that that only applies in some instances when it comes to battalions, basically if a requirement is a word in bold then that is actually looking for a key word, so, for example, the Temple Nest battalion wants a Bloodwrack Medusa, both the bloodwrack shrine and bloodwrack medusa warscrolls have the Bloodwrack Medusa keyword, so you can use either.  Conversely the Shadowhammer Compact battalion requires a Slaughter Queen, no bold font so this is not a keyword and only the specific 'Slaughter Queen' warscroll can be used, so not the cauldron mounted version.  Just something to be aware of.

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Scythian said:

Going to another tournament in 2 weeks. Did a makeover for my snakes 

It looks like you don’t have any archers, is that correct? I agree they aren’t as good, but are they so bad it’s not worth getting five?

I’ve only had a few small scale games, so I’m genuinely curious.

12 minutes ago, Ravenborn said:

It looks like you don’t have any archers, is that correct? I agree they aren’t as good, but are they so bad it’s not worth getting five?

I’ve only had a few small scale games, so I’m genuinely curious.

In my opinion, they are a total waste. I would never replace blood Sisters with stalkers. It’s just my personal preference. Obviously, I love the Blood Sisters. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve drawn up this rough 750 point list based on models I already own (everything except the Medusa);

Allegiance: DoK

Temple: Khailebron

Realm: Ulgu

Bloodwrack Medusa (general)

Hag Queen

20 x Witch Aelves (paired knifes) - Battleline

5 x Blood Sisters - Battleline (as Medusa is general)

5  x Doomfire Warlocks

...that leaves me with 50pts spare for one of the following;

1) Prismatic Palisade + Quicksilver Swords

2) Gemenids of Ulh-Ghysh

3) Extra Command Point

4) Swap out Hag Queen for allied Darkling Covens Sorceress

Any thoughts?

Edited by Circus of Paint

13 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Respect for painting that many Melusai. 

From a players perspective this army is quite unfun to play against and incredibly onesided ?

still gl for the tournament

Honestly, most of my opponents have been happy to play against my snakes rather than the usual 90 to 120 witch elves that a lot of DoK players are using. As for being “one sided,” I intended it to be that way. The theme is a brute force Hagg Nar inner sanctum combat list. I see your point that the lack of a variety of units can make the game a bit bland, but most opponents love looking at the huge units of snakes. Notwithstanding, I have sent a few opponents reeling from the table at the brutality of the snakes. While it’s not my intent to ruin anyone’s gaming experience, I have no regrets with all of these Nurgle, Death, and other killer lists I face. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Olmdebil said:

How did your games go against that typical nurgle blightkings heavy cyst Lists? 

Nice Snakes btw...mind sharing your List you gonna take to that tournament? ( good Luck there ofc)

I have a buddy who uses the blight kings and my snakes usually cut through them, but they aren’t pushovers. 

List:

Medusa General on Shrine

1 Slaughter Queen

4 Hag Queens

3 units of 20 Blood Sisters

I've just recently gotten into AoS and  starting with DoK. I've picked up two blood coven boxes but I'm unsure as to which two shrines to build.

I'm leaning towards one being bloodwrack but unsure which the other would be?

Would appreciate any input

56 minutes ago, Tarryk said:

I've just recently gotten into AoS and  starting with DoK. I've picked up two blood coven boxes but I'm unsure as to which two shrines to build.

I'm leaning towards one being bloodwrack but unsure which the other would be?

Would appreciate any input

I don't know how handy you are with magnets and pins and such but it's easy enough to construct the shrines so that the statue/mirrors and medusa/queens are removeable and swap-able, then you wouldn't have to choose!

But if that doesn't appeal I would say 1 Bloodwrack Shrine isn't a bad choice, it's the most durable wizard available if you don't have Morathi, and can unlock the formidable Blood Sisters as battleline units.  If you're playing matched play at lower points levels (up to ~1500pts or so) the Shrine is not a handy thing to have available.

You probably don't need two Shrines though, for the most part, which leaves a choice between the two Cauldron options, they're both kinda similar but do bring some different options to the table.  The Slaughter Queen is better in combat if you need it to get stuck in, comes with a free unbind which can be handy if you're low on wizards and an excellent, if situational command ability.  Meanwhile the Hag Queen loses all of that but comes with a more durable source of the very powerful Witchbrew and a lower price tag.  Personally I favour the Slaughter Queen version and keep my Hag Queens on foot (cos you're still gonna need that Witchbrew).  But at sub 2000 point games (if playing with points) then a Hag Cauldron does sometimes sneak into my lists.  Notably if you are using a Bloodwrack Shrine as your general in order to access Melusai Battleline then the Slaughter Cauldron loses some of its luster as you can't use its command ability anymore, in which case the Hag Cauldron might be preferable.

That's how I see it.

• Thanks 1