- 1x Grandblades
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
10 x Retributors (440)
5 x Retributors (220)
6 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (200)
- 2x Grandaxes

Total: 1760 / 2000

What are the warscroll batallions you suggest me ? My main idea was to use Hammerstrike Force, but it did change quite a bit, so i'm looking into get new ones and also see which stormhost is more useful for this army, i think hammers of sigmar allows me to bring back tons of liberators which i do have a lot. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jobume said:

Hey! Does anyone know if Skyborne Slayers has changed? It’s not in the app, but it has points in GHB. The fact that it has dropped to 190 makes me think that it will lose its deepstrike ability.

the skyborne is they same. The point drop is because the 100% deepstrike is less valuable than before, since we have 100% deepstrike in our allegiance ability, +1 a malus to hit for our ennemy when we arrive

• Thanks 1

What're your thoughts with this Glass canon list ?

Not many Sacrosaint Chamber units.

The idea is to Deep Strike Gavriel plus Fulminators and Tempestors and to use 2 times his CA  for a one charge turn guaranteed :)

lightning_echelon.jpg

Edited by Kemika

6 hours ago, Kemika said:

What're your thoughts with this Glass canon list ?

Not many Sacrosaint Chamber units.

The idea is to Deep Strike Gavriel plus Fulminators and Tempestors and to use 2 times his CA  fore a one charge turn guaranteed :)

lightning_echelon.jpg

Not too shabby, similar to what I been thinking, except i'm using one unit of 4 fulminators. Only thing with the list above is, you cannot have that mystic light on the lord-castellant as he already has an artifact (god-forged blade.

19 hours ago, DanielFM said:

And I can't bear myself to recomend Concussors, sorry. Their Hammers no longer interact with the Drakesworn buff, they cause less MW per point than Retributors and perform worse than Fulminators.

With the change to the fulminators storm breath and the points decrease of concussors. Concussors are by far the better choice now. Even previously, the damage was comparible between the two with concussors becoming better the longer they were in combat. To top it off, preventing pile ins is great and the unmodified 6s mortals change means that will go off even if debuffed to hit. 

They should be highly recommended as a decent bit of kit ;) 

36 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

With the change to the fulminators storm breath and the points decrease of concussors. Concussors are by far the better choice now. Even previously, the damage was comparible between the two with concussors becoming better the longer they were in combat. To top it off, preventing pile ins is great and the unmodified 6s mortals change means that will go off even if debuffed to hit. 

Note that fulminators receive an extra +1 To Their saves in shooting phase, 

highly usefull now that you can force shooting units on them by charging them. 

The mortal wounds / stun, by concussors is too unreliable, and you need a somewhat large unit in order to lockdown hordes.

my guess is that celestial vindicators is a good shell for concussors, with rerolls to hit and extra attacks. 

While fulminators are almost always usefull. Unit size is more flexible, and even units of 2 will pack a punch.

Edited by Thor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ReynakZhen said:

Not too shabby, similar to what I been thinking, except i'm using one unit of 4 fulminators. Only thing with the list above is, you cannot have that mystic light on the lord-castellant as he already has an artifact (god-forged blade.

Yes, forgot that part ^^

One unit of 4 fulminators ? So no lightning echelon battalion ? What battalion do you use with that list ?

What I like about Lightning Echelon is it can inflicts 4d3 mw. It has a good synergy with the deep strike initial charge.

Edited by Kemika

2 hours ago, CountryMou3e said:

Fulminators (riders) do 5,33 average unsaved wounds against 4+ save. Concussors do 4,55 including the mortal wounds. 

As you can see, Fulminators do more damage while being cheaper, and are more resilient against shooting. Concussors only have the pile-in stun going for them. With access to Heraldors, Fulminators should be charging every turn if you want to comit to protracted combats.

With all this info, do you really see Concussors as highly recomendable?

I really like the Bolster Faith prayer in 1000 points or less games. 3+ for no battle shock test until next hero phase (basically old Inspiring presence) is really nice since it free's up an command point you would maybe had to save for the battle shock phase.

3 hours ago, DanielFM said:

Fulminators (riders) do 5,33 average unsaved wounds against 4+ save. Concussors do 4,55 including the mortal wounds. 

As you can see, Fulminators do more damage while being cheaper, and are more resilient against shooting. Concussors only have the pile-in stun going for them. With access to Heraldors, Fulminators should be charging every turn if you want to comit to protracted combats.

With all this info, do you really see Concussors as highly recomendable?

With Scions of the Storm, you may even skip the Knight Heraldor if you deep strike them.

Edited by Kemika

I have a question regarding artifacts and weapons etc.

If I take a Lord Arcanum, who can take a stave item, is this a artifact?.

Same with the scrolls etc for knight incantors are all the items artifacts so can only take one? 

cheers

8 minutes ago, Shinzra said:

I have a question regarding artifacts and weapons etc.

If I take a Lord Arcanum, who can take a stave item, is this a artifact?.

Same with the scrolls etc for knight incantors are all the items artifacts so can only take one? 

cheers

Yes, they are artifacts the same way Treasured Standards and Lights are. They are simply extra categories.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (240)
- General
- Trait: We Cannot Fail 
- Artefact: God-forged Blade 
- Spell: Celestial Blades
- Mount Trait: Pride Leader
Lord-Castellant (100)
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows

Units
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (600)
- 4x Grandstaves

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

Are Grandstaves the better option for Evolines when you take into account the possible buffs provided through:

Pride Leader: +1 to hit

Celestial Blades: +1 to wound

Empower: re-roll failed to wound rolls

Also wondering if a Heraldor might be better then Gavriel here, because I feel like I'm starving for CP's and when needed could select a CA 6" run coupled with Heraldor's run and charge ability.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Edited by Martijn de Bruin

9 minutes ago, Martijn de Bruin said:

Leaders
- General
Lord-Castellant (100)
Gavriel Sureheart (100)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (400)
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows

Units
- 4x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Are Greatmaces the better option for Evolines when you take into account the possible buffs provided through:

Also wondering if a Heraldor might be better then Gavriel here, because I feel like I'm starving for CP's and when needed could select a CA 6" run coupled with Heraldor's run and charge ability.

If you cut Gavriel, then dont go Hammers in my opinion. The 30% chance to bring back  your one sequitor blob isnt worth losing staunch and realm artifact for a mediocre trait and crappy artifact.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Martijn de Bruin said:

Leaders
- General
Lord-Castellant (100)
Gavriel Sureheart (100)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (400)
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows

Units
- 4x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Are Greatmaces the better option for Evolines when you take into account the possible buffs provided through:

Why two Celestial Blades? You can only cast It once.

Plus greatmaces for Evolines is a bug. They can't use them. Their only option is Grandstaves (2 for each 3)

17 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

If you cut Gavriel, then dont go Hammers in my opinion. The 30% chance to bring back  your one sequitor blob isnt worth losing staunch and realm artifact for a mediocre trait and crappy artifact.

To be honest, I picked Hammers mainly for the trait. My plan is to run both Arcanums with the Evolines and buff them. They need all the defense they can get, next to lantern. Sequitors are plan B whom benefit from synergies when the situation arises.

6 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Why two Celestial Blades? You can only cast It once.

Plus greatmaces for Evolines is a bug. They can't use them. Their only option is Grandstaves (2 for each 3)

Ah thanks, edited my post. Question still stands though?

I feel having redundancy between my Arcanums is worth it, because if 1 casts it the other can go for Mystic Shield on the Evolines or use their own spell if the situation asks for it. 

Edited by Martijn de Bruin

What's the general concensus on hounds and aetherwings? Considering a pack of hounds for rushing objectives, and/or hanging around my Castellant, but I haven't seen any discussion of aetherwings at all. Does anyone use them? Is that defensive move around a unit of Raptors useful?

8 hours ago, THUNDERHAMMER said:

Soulbright vs Lord A on GC

Running phalanx Battalion with one of the two which is better for me?

If one of the evocator units you're bringing is riding dracolines, then Solbright with the pride leader mount trait (unless an FAQ is published to the contrary then you can give mount traits to named characters) is a better choice in my opinion.  

Sorry to ask again but I didn't find your answer guys: 

It seems that many of you use gavriel. So what the deal with this miniature? is it a must have? (I'm on the verge of ordering)

On the other hand, what do you think about Easy to Build: Astreia Solbright, Lord-Arcanum ?

And what diff between : lord arcanum on griff vs the one on draco ?

Last: do you think that Astreia Solbright, Lord-Arcanum could be used as a generic (non named I mean) lord arcanum on draco?

Edited by GeneralZero

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Sorry to ask again but I didn't find your answer guys: 

It seems that many of you use gavriel. So what the deal with this miniature? is it a must have? (I'm on the verge of ordering)

On the other hand, what do you think about Easy to Build: Astreia Solbright, Lord-Arcanum ?

And what diff between : lord arcanum on griff vs the one on draco ?

Last: do you think that Astreia Solbright, Lord-Arcanum could be used as a generic (non named I mean) lord arcanum on draco?

If you plan on playing a Hammers of Sigmar Stormhost, then Gavriel is a must have, otherwise he is useless.  

It is standard practice to use named characters as their generic counterparts and vice versa so long as the equipment modeled on them reflects what is on the warscroll.  Both Astreia and the generic user an Aetherstave, so it is 100% appropriate to use her as the generic version.

LAoGC is better than LAoD in isolation, however if you're taking evocators on dracolines then LAoD with pride leader trait is great.

Hey everyone, how do you think a list like this could perform?.

+++ Stormcast Eternals (Age of Sigmar) [2000pts] +++

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Stormcast Eternals) ++

+ Leader +

Lord-Castellant

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake: 2. Keen-clawed, 4. Mirrorshield, 5. Staunch Defender, Celestine Hammer, General

+ Battleline +

10 Liberators, 2x Grandhammer, Warhammer and Shield

5 Liberators, Grandhammer, Warhammer and Shield

+ Other +

2 Fulminators

2 Fulminators

Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows: 6 Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Edited by Shinzra

1 hour ago, Shinzra said:

Hey everyone, how do you think a list like this could perform?.

+++ Stormcast Eternals (Age of Sigmar) [2000pts] +++

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Stormcast Eternals) ++

+ Leader +

Lord-Castellant

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake: 2. Keen-clawed, 4. Mirrorshield, 5. Staunch Defender, Celestine Hammer, General

+ Battleline +

5 Liberators, Grandhammer, Warhammer and Shield

+ Other +

2 Fulminators

2 Fulminators

Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows: 6 Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

I think it should work as well as it would have done in the previous battletome. That's the problem, though: it doesn't take advantage of any of the new upgrades (except potentially new Scions and Shock and Awe).

There is nothing wrong about it except being too traditional.

Just an example: Anvils of the Heldenhammer Stormhost would allow you to throw terrifying firepower with your Longstrikes.

Edited by DanielFM