New AoS 2 Discussion threads incoming...

Chris Tomlin

Afternoon guys,

Those of you who frequent other parts of the forum may have noticed the other Alliances getting their new AoS 2 Discussion threads earlier today. I rolled out my new format in Destruction this morning (no bias, honest!) and then @Gaz Taylor and @RuneBrush have taken this and implemented it across Death and Chaos.

Just a heads up that you guys are not forgotten, I will be starting work on this sub forum tomorrow morning. This of course means that all the current "Lets Chat" threads will soon be locked up, so keep that in mind when posting.

My aim was to have this sorted across the forum in good time for the new edition dropping, obviously with details being readily available online there is already lots to discuss and be excited about. I want to keep TGA as fresh and relevant as the game it supports, so hopefully you'll all agree the new "AoS 2 Discussion" threads help with that by allowing us to draw a line in the sand and start from scratch.

Cheers,
Chris

I don't know how others feel @Chris Tomlin, but don't rush to close and create until books are in hands. I think we'll end up with 10 pages of speculation etc before the update and we'll lose the point of starting AoS2 threads, fresh, once everyone can read the GHB etc and have a full idea of what's going off, are able to use an updated Warscroll.com etc.

Syphon thing is the new rules are already out (at least from the Core rule book) on the AoS website. The Maligan magics are also out (far as I can tell the spells are its just the artifacts which are not). So much of the info is already out there in the field so speculation shouldn't be too random at this stage. 

Plus its probably easier to do now than have the old threads get stuck half and half with new and old - even if there's speculation at least its 2.0 focused

Hey,

Completely get what you're saying @syph0n, but there is so much stuff out there already and the users here have a huge appetite for wanting to discuss the new edition, so I want to make sure this is being catered for.

For what it's worth, I'm like you in that I'm not really going to get into much discussion until I physically have the books myself :) 

Yeah I've no issue with the new threads at all, just saying I'm not rushed for you go out of your way to make all the AoS2 threads at once purely because, aside from the Core Rules, it's harder to discuss matched play etc until everything is available to everyone and there's tons of factions to do. 

(ie: don't worry if it takes ages) 

Archived