AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

7 hours ago, ForumAccount said:

Ah, interesting, but kind of a shame as I think it would have been cool if the Legion was based in Ulgu, possibly because of exile similar to how Astragoth had exiled Drazhoath to the southern Dark Lands in Fantasy.

Somewhat offtopic but still relevant to the Legion, I posted a poll about what models the community wants back that I will send to Forge World as they said they are receptive to feedback on this issue of bringing back old models. It has the Skullcracker, standalone Bale Taurus and Siege Giant on there. Feel free to drop a vote. https://strawpoll.com/kbs7ddr3

This would be great! Especially with Theodore Brucker, since the current Freeguilds could bring Demigryphps as battleline. Hence having a general on a demigryph would be great aswell!

6 hours ago, FERRUMITE said:

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm currently in the process of making a color template for anyone who wants to play around with ideas of how to color their legion! The new rules have gotten me in a super excited state for our army, and I want to definitely help newcomers who are hesitant about the price tag by letting them have a nice idea of how they would paint their army should they dive in!

chorf template.jpg

This is so cool, kudos to you friend.

Also just to add, a lad from the Facebook chaos dwarf group made these Warscrolls.

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/2018 chaos dwarf warscrolls.pdf?token=AWxxz0NgSEoPOKVoTRWznel-6JmG9jq5GxsHOFPOfZt10pPGt-fuC4KEGG61EDeKMDekQHgVgmahJE5as5v82bVpH9FsE8YZDm-FJ8ApQ1LphPKETaile8iBem2xKMUTvOpfSSzbWT0jSyh9ZN9k5qHu

Credits to Franseco Tormen for making these 

https://www.facebook.com/francesco.tormen.1?fref=gs&hc_ref=ARRZtTska9GBKz6mwdXV0X686ddNFCqkNDeDj-PIRacmTWPSDooBO3qWGhByNGu5gOI&dti=542115509280703&hc_location=group

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perturabo said:

This would be great! Especially with Theodore Brucker, since the current Freeguilds could bring Demigryphps as battleline. Hence having a general on a demigryph would be great aswell!

That's a good idea, his demigryph was a brilliant sculpt and quite large too, made for a nice and unique leader model.

Interesting that you mentioned Facebook, I hadn't considered it would be much of a hub for AoS discussion. Would you mind posting the link to the poll on there? The bigger the sample size the more we can get the message across that we want some of our models to return.

1 hour ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Neither my artillery nor iron daemon came with bases. If I ever get bases I am planning to get the smallest oval base they look good on.

I have two 120x92 bases(I believe that's the size at least), and that size works reasonably well for artillery. Magma Cannon fits well, but the Deathshrieker is a bit small on it. 

I use 120mm Ovale base for both Iron Daemon and Deathshriker Rocket Launcher. It look a little small on the Iron Deamon... and a little big for the deathshriker, but i have place models on it so it have enought place to look and be painted easly.

Personally, i refer to this link:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIykR5PXUAAcYex.jpg:large

1 hour ago, Qcbob025 said:

I use 120mm Ovale base for both Iron Daemon and Deathshriker Rocket Launcher. It look a little small on the Iron Deamon... and a little big for the deathshriker, but i have place models on it so it have enought place to look and be painted easly.

Personally, i refer to this link:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIykR5PXUAAcYex.jpg:large

I wouldn't go by that.  The tournaments I go to all have you use the base size that the model ships with, and in the case of models without a base (i.e. artillery) you have to use the closest size.  32mm is too large for the infantry and isn't what they ship with, and 40mm is not what the Daemonsmiths come with either.  120mm is too large for the magma cannon, the 105mm fits perfectly.

Hello guys,

i just realised something about the fireglaives, i'd like to share with you:

Did you notice, that the wording of the hit roll of 6 states, that that attack inflicts 1 mortal wound on the target in addition to any normal damage. 
So u still would need to make the wound roll to inflict the one normal damage which can be saved with a normal save roll and in addition to that with this sucessful wound roll, you also inflict one mortal wound, which cant be saved by a normal save roll.

Still there is this paragraph in the rules section, which states "Some attacks, spells and abilities inflict mortal wounds. Do not make hit, wound or save rolls for mortal wounds. Instead, the damage inflicted on the target is equal to the number of mortal wounds that were suffered. Allocate any mortal wounds that are caused while a unit is attacking at the same time as any other wounds caused by the unit’s attacks, after all of the unit’s attacks have been completed. ..."

So now i wonder if this rule applies for a mortal wound, which is inflicted as additional  damage to an usual attack. What do you guys think?

Edit:

I also checked the Monstrous Arcanum PDF and the wording of the Colossal Squiq is the following: "If the unmodified hit roll for an attack made with this model’s Enormous Jaws is 6, that attack inflicts D3 mortal wounds and the attack sequence ends (do not make a wound or save roll)." So its pointed out that there are no wound (and save) rolls to make. Im still not sure if you can compare these rules quite perfectly, because the one adds an mortal wound to the normal wound while the other inflicts mortal wounds instead of any usual wounds.

Edited by Charly2912

3 hours ago, Charly2912 said:

Hello guys,

i just realised something about the fireglaives, i'd like to share with you:

Did you notice, that the wording of the hit roll of 6 states, that that attack inflicts 1 mortal wound on the target in addition to any normal damage. 
So u still would need to make the wound roll to inflict the one normal damage which can be saved with a normal save roll and in addition to that with this sucessful wound roll, you also inflict one mortal wound, which cant be saved by a normal save roll.

Still there is this paragraph in the rules section, which states "Some attacks, spells and abilities inflict mortal wounds. Do not make hit, wound or save rolls for mortal wounds. Instead, the damage inflicted on the target is equal to the number of mortal wounds that were suffered. Allocate any mortal wounds that are caused while a unit is attacking at the same time as any other wounds caused by the unit’s attacks, after all of the unit’s attacks have been completed. ..."

So now i wonder if this rule applies for a mortal wound, which is inflicted as additional  damage to an usual attack. What do you guys think?

Edit:

I also checked the Monstrous Arcanum PDF and the wording of the Colossal Squiq is the following: "If the unmodified hit roll for an attack made with this model’s Enormous Jaws is 6, that attack inflicts D3 mortal wounds and the attack sequence ends (do not make a wound or save roll)." So its pointed out that there are no wound (and save) rolls to make. Im still not sure if you can compare these rules quite perfectly, because the one adds an mortal wound to the normal wound while the other inflicts mortal wounds instead of any usual wounds.

It will always deal the mortal wounds, even if they make a save roll.  The damage "in addition" could be a +0.  

This is my list for now.  I love it... I miss that Skullcracker, but I feel like a Command Point and extra Artifact are worth it, and the mobility/harassment potential of the K'daai can't be understated.  Grotesque or Relentless on the Taur'ruk, Armour of Bazherak the Cruel on the Taur'ruk, and the Chalice of Blood and Darkness on the Daemonsmith.  The Taur'ruk becomes EXTREMELY resilient, and can stand toe-to-toe with dangerous units/heroes.  Drazhoath wants to be in combat, so get him in there, but be smart about it.  Bubble wrap your Magma Cannons as needed, and push your Centaurs into their heavy hitters that have been weakened with Ash Storm and Magma Cannon blasts.  We play how we did before, but we're much more effective now.  Sure we don't get summoning, but we're more durable than before.

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
- Scalding Hand Weapon & Spiteshield
3 x K'Daai Fireborn (140)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

• Like 3

I'm currently trying to figure out how best to run the Execution Herd, any advise on this? Cheers

Spoiler

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160) - Armour of Bazherak the Cruel
Daemonsmith (100)
- Chalice of Blood and Darkness
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Shar'tor the Executioner (220) - General
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
3 x K'Daai Fireborn (140)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Execution Herd (160)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 107

I was thinking of dropping the Skullcracker and Daemonsmith for an Incarnate Elemental of Fire to run as a K'Daai Destroyer, but it hasnt got the bloody Chaos Keyword ?

4 hours ago, Lamekh said:

I'm currently trying to figure out how best to run the Execution Herd, any advise on this? Cheers

Reveal hidden contents

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160) - Armour of Bazherak the Cruel
Daemonsmith (100)
- Chalice of Blood and Darkness
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Shar'tor the Executioner (220) - General
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Execution Herd (160)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 107

I was thinking of dropping the Skullcracker and Daemonsmith for an Incarnate Elemental of Fire to run as a K'Daai Destroyer, but it hasnt got the bloody Chaos Keyword ?

I like the Execution Herd you have! 
My thoughts; the Kdaai are excessive. You're going to have the board FULL wth the footprints of the Herd/ Draz. 
I'd personally pump the points from Kdaa & Skull Cracker into Shooting support. Make good use of the demonsmith. His spell-range is great, he can baby sit 2 magma cannons/ Death Shriekers.

for the skull cracker, you can get two ten packs of Fireglaives. For plinking wounds off at a distance, holding objectives (low model count here is problematic for some scenarios) or just use them as a screener for your other units. 

Shackles is great with that combo. RIght now, everything you have is designed to go into combat, why not do 

"shackles + ash storm + shoot the ****ing heck outta them" for threats?

Thanks for the input ?

I wanted the list to be fast & mobile and CC orientated, even thinking of swapping the Daemonsmith for a 2nd Taur'ruk with Chalice (I know he won't benefit from the Herd rules), my standard List has Bulls & shooting, so I wanted to do sth different ?

Are Jabberslythes or any other Monster any good? To use either as K'Daai Destroyers or "Lammasu"

Cheers

On 7/10/2018 at 11:07 PM, Lamekh said:

Thanks for the input ?

I wanted the list to be fast & mobile and CC orientated, even thinking of swapping the Daemonsmith for a 2nd Taur'ruk with Chalice (I know he won't benefit from the Herd rules), my standard List has Bulls & shooting, so I wanted to do sth different ?

Are Jabberslythes or any other Monster any good? To use either as K'Daai Destroyers or "Lammasu"

Cheers

I totally get that. 
I'm not sure the Legions can do a solid CC army and come out on top. Maybe with the iron-whatever-battalion?
There's so many armys that excel at CC, and I don't think that ours is one of them. Possibly massed ranks of Infernal Guard with Shar'tor and Taruks as support?

Jabbers are amazing.

Run 2+ or don't run them at all. One gets shot to pieces, two get somewhere. 
You mostly want them to go and tackle the NASTIEST thing the enemy has. They deal (potential) wounds based off of how many wounds they TOOK. not how many they HAD.

so a Jabber with 4 wounds left that takes 12 wounds rolls 12*4+ and d3 mortal wounds for those. 

Don't count on their aura, but its a huge bonus.

I used to run three with massive success, but the slight point adjustment put three from fitting within 400 points of allied. 

24 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Which endless spells have you considered for your LoA armies? I am considering using prismatic pallisade in a 3 deathshrieker list.

I'm considering the pallisade, shackles, or maybe the lifeswarm. 

I think the pallisade would be a good roadblock and way to protect against shooting. One thing that I am considering is if it would be worth placing close to ironsworn to limit enemy pile ins and risk the -1 hit.

The shackles would hopefully slow down enemies so they could get shot more or allow us to get somewhere before them.

It may take a bit to get used to using them without also hurting myself but since I've pretty much given up on the dreadquake I have points to play around with them.

I'm thinking that most of the battalions are something of a waste of points. 
Normally the command abilities are great, or the weapons are worth it.

Not so much for ours. Maybe skipping the 100+ cost opens up a lot.

Here's a list that I'm toying with.

Spoiler

Leaders
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)
- General
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Pyre Rune Staff
- Artefact: Chalice of Blood and Darkness 

Battleline
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)

War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)

-not in warscroll builder: Chaos Mammoth (32) 

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 122

The idea is a well balanced army. IGi can get a an objective and HOLD.  

4 mobile punchers to work on theirs, supported by 2 10 packs of glaives and artillery. 
room to toy w endless spells and still keep the command point. 

2 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I'm considering the pallisade, shackles, or maybe the lifeswarm. 

I think the pallisade would be a good roadblock and way to protect against shooting. One thing that I am considering is if it would be worth placing close to ironsworn to limit enemy pile ins and risk the -1 hit.

The shackles would hopefully slow down enemies so they could get shot more or allow us to get somewhere before them.

It may take a bit to get used to using them without also hurting myself but since I've pretty much given up on the dreadquake I have points to play around with them.

Shackles are a nice idea. I will give them a go.

Just had an interesting match against a tzangor horde...

1k, „hold and conquer“ as scenario, playing on 24x24

very nice game, felt bad for bringing big guns to the small table...got kinda scared with the low bravery, normally playing undead, but the armor of our ironsworn is really great. 4+, ignoring the first damage while doing mortals back on a 6

the k‘daii are awesome glass cannons against low save opponents.

very tight game, won 15:14 almost wiping him, was really in my face turn 1, but endured and slowly but surely pushed back, capturing my winning objective with a 10“ command run last round.

2E598932-C019-4B6C-A878-E4B627D223DB.jpeg

• Like 1