AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 hours ago, Blackspine said:

On the subject of Blight Kings:

I've run lots of variations.

Last edition: I ran the Blight Guard and 4 x 5 pack. They were great mini meat shields. Even at three wounds, I rarely lost more than 1-2 units of them. 

This edition: I've run 3x5 packs, two 10 packs with an auxiliary 5 pack. Most recently; a 14 man unit with a 5 man

Some things that I've learned with their sizes/ numbers:

Go multiple. Blight Kings can be scary, but with de-buffs/hexes they quickly go down in effectiveness.  Making your enemy choose which one of your many packs means that somewhere, on the battlefield, they're winning. 

Go big, but only one. Running two 10 packs was daunting, but the footprints of both units quickly clogged up the game. Unless you're running many buffs on them, keep one large unit and two 'less intimidating' sized packs roaming.  I found that the large unit gets slammed hard, but has the wounds to take it. Then the other smaller packs can run rampant.

Use their speed: Blight Kings are oddly fast. I love those fat turds making long charges with their +1. The 'trees' have made them a scary medium cav. unit on smaller bases.

Gutrot & the gang. : having a pack of 5 blight kings pop up on the board is amazing. They need to be 9" away, but that's a 8" charge for them with their +1" charge. Even the threat of them coming, can occupy a disproportionate amount of enemies around objectives. 

Great observations. I have found gutrot with ten kings is very scary. 41 wounds plus gutrot (who can nurture a character) is a huge headache for opponent!

10 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Great observations. I have found gutrot with ten kings is very scary. 41 wounds plus gutrot (who can nurture a character) is a huge headache for opponent!

If you can get the Cogs on the table,  those charges are +3.

Edited to add a picture of my 4th game,  first full 2k points/teamed up with Death.  Please forgive the unpainted GUO. IMAG0718.jpg.874dabee41e49480aaf4f7254af65eec.jpg

Edited by grungolah

On 6/27/2018 at 6:12 AM, Deathawaits101 said:

This is the list I'm working on

Archaon

Harbinger of Decay

Lord of Blight

Glotkin

Exalted Hero of Chaos 

40 X mauraders 

5x warriors

5x warriors 

Plauge T warband.

Also working on a Archaon with dual blight lord list and 2x 30 plagurbearers. 

I’m considering an archaon list, so far I’m thinking:

Archaon,

Loa,

harbinger,

4 blightlords,

10 blightkings,

2x 5 chaos warriors. 

Paliside endless spell.

Not sure if that’d be any good though haha. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

15 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

If you pop up further them 9" away from the enemy, you need a 9" to charge no? Your 9.01 away and need be within 1" to make it successful?

27 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

If you pop up further them 9" away from the enemy, you need a 9" to charge no? Your 9.01 away and need be within 1" to make it successful?

Yes you have to be 9.01" away, but the blightkings get a natural +1 to charge though! So you would roll an 8, +1 turns to 9" and you only need to be 0.50" away. So essentially its an 8" charge which is 42% likely to succeed. And seeing how a 9" charge on 2d6 is 28% you can see how huge that +1 charge is!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grungolah said:

If you can get the Cogs on the table,  those charges are +3.

Edited to add a picture of my 4th game,  first full 2k points/teamed up with Death.  Please forgive the unpainted GUO. IMAG0718.jpg.874dabee41e49480aaf4f7254af65eec.jpg

wow that movement trays are awesome I need them!

where is the unpainted GUO?

3 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

behind the blightkings on the bottom. adjacent to LoA. Older pewter sculpt. 

Darnit, I think I have to name him Waldo now.

But yeah, I like these trays because it gives a much more horde feel.   I still can't make those Marauders survive, but I have a Harbinger on the way.

Another nurf, to GUO.  Plague wind does not heal GUO himself: 

Q: Sometimes an ability requires you to draw a straight line from a model, and everything under that line is affected by the ability. Is the model you draw the line from affected by the ability too?

A: No. The line is drawn from the edge of the model’s base, so the model itself is not under the line.

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Another nurf, to GUO.  Plague wind does not heal GUO himself: 

Q: Sometimes an ability requires you to draw a straight line from a model, and everything under that line is affected by the ability. Is the model you draw the line from affected by the ability too?

A: No. The line is drawn from the edge of the model’s base, so the model itself is not under the line.

the 3 guo battalion is the worse lol . the upgraded spell is trash, the heal is trash and the cost is trash, the guos arent even that good in melee

guo is literally only good for the bell :P

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Plaguetouched warband is everchosen.Its the only keyword on the warscroll battalion. So unless they specifically add a Nurgle keyword to it, it can no longer be used in a Nurgle army.

815E00E6-543D-4434-9F1C-237D9A8AA758.png

I don't even know why they bothered with a point cost.

...unless there's a new everchosen book coming out

I don't own the Skaven Pestilens book, can you take a Congregation of Filth in a Nurgle army? Don't know if it falls into the same trap as the Plaguetouched Warband. 

I know basically all the Pestilens models have the Nurgle tag but I don't know about their battalions. :(

22 minutes ago, Scrags said:

I don't own the Skaven Pestilens book, can you take a Congregation of Filth in a Nurgle army? Don't know if it falls into the same trap as the Plaguetouched Warband. 

Good question. What is the trap that you are talking about? Do battalions have keywords?

5 minutes ago, boombyeyeah said:

Plaguetouched is not dead, they are clearly referring to allies in the Battalion.

Nurgle Units in this Battalion are not allies since they are... nurgle.

Please stop assuming the worst. We are nurgle. Grandfather wants us happy.

but the battalion isn't nurgle. the battalion is everchosen now. they removed the rule of it being changed to nurgle