AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Did you see my set-up I posted about a few pages back?

Tossed this together.  A list for Horticulous:

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Horticulous Slimux (220)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 68

Here is one for Morbidex. One interesting note.. I THINK his ability to add a model to a unit of nurglings would have no limit.. as in if you start with three. you could go above its starting cost. Someone want to point me to something that would prevent that???

Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Morbidex Twiceborn (260)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Nurglings (100)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 84

Let me Know How Morbid ex performed! Yesterday One Unit of nurglings contained 2 seraphon Units! They roll a Lot of 6 saves

Edit, im The Message 700!

Edited by peasant

12 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I think this would be a mistake. Blessed sons and harby makes those kings an immovable brick that can also dish out a butt load of mortal wounds and regular wounds. Most objectives are tap and go. if you need to leave 5 behind to guard an important one then you still have 10 with lop, sorc and harby. 

He is squishy if he is run into the heart of the enemy like a beatstick. I wouldnt treat him the same I would Prince Vordraior say a war mammoth. He is a support character who is also really good in combat. He makes marauders potentially one of the most devastating units in our army and also one of the best tarpits in the game. Plus I spent WEEKS painting him and he single handedly won me runner up best painted at NOVA last year. So Its VERY VERY hard for me to not take him. 

I like your list a LOT. Especially with plague cyst and blessed sons in there. Im clouded with "model bias". I spent a LOT of time converting horticulous and painting him to a high standard (for me) and since my army is HEAVILY converted to be in the middle of a garden it is hard to not include the Grandfather's head gardener! And now I am getting that same attachment to the CLoDM! I need tos top converveting before I run out of lists!! haha. Let me know how the game went PLEASE!

I played most of this last night against my friends Deepkin army in Duality of Death.  I did make one slight change where I removed harbringer to increase the knights to a unit of 10.  His list was the caster Eidolon, Akhelian King, Soulscryer, Tidecaster, x10 Thralls, x3 Morrsarr Guard, x3 Morrsarr Guard, x3 Morrsarr Guard, x6 Ishlaen Guard (or something very similar).  

Turn 1

Opponent  went first and took the left objective with his Eidolon, wrapped with a bubble of Thralls, then moved his Tidecaster (on balewind) 8" away to the far left side of the board.  He took the right objective with his King wrapped with 2 groups of Morrsarr.  He delayed the Soulscryer with 1 group of Morrsar and the Ishlaen. 

I charged his Morrsar with my Knights/CLoDM and sent 5 Kings in for backup.  Managed to lose 2 knights, but killed 4 of the 6 units wrapping the king.  LoP charged his Eidolon doing minimal damage.  Attempted to charge the Eidolon with 5 kings but failed, with Gutrot 9" away his kings, but they all failed the charge.  My remaining Kings charged the Tidecaster and killed her dead. 

Turn 2

I win the double turn, finish charging Gutrot and the 2 units of Kings into Eidolon/Thralls and manage to kill them all with ease (one unit of Kings managed to generate 25 hits total on his Eidolon, my opponent was not happy).  The Kings that killed the tide caster started to run across the board to support there.   Finished off the Morrsar with my Knights. and moved the Kings up, but failed the charge on his King.

Opponent decided it was time to bring in his Soulscryer to support his King as he would have a point lead so long as he didn't lose that objective.  The x3 Morrsarr charged my Kings and did their exploding thing, and managed to kill 2.  I killed 2 of them in return, but was unable to finish off the unit so they were stuck.  The Ishlaen managed to kill 6 of my Knights, and decimated that far they didn't do anything in return.

Turn 3

I win the roll again.  Start to run my sorcerer and Festus to the right objective, realizing my CLoDM is most likey dead.  Leave my Gutrot on the objective with a unit of kings wrapping him and begin to run the LoP and other unit of Kings toward the right objective.  On the right side my Kings killed the last Morrsar, but weren't in range to do anything further.   His Ishlaen finished off the Knights and CLoDM.

Opponent moves and charges my sorcerer with his 6 Ishlaen, killing him easily.

Turn 4

I win the roll again, finish running everything closer, but not close enough to charge his King, so I charge 1 unit of my kings to deal with the Ishlaen and kill a few of them (forget exactly how many, but 2 or 3).  He wipes them off the board in return.

We called the game at this point as it was late and we both had to work in the morning.  It was a toss up as to who would win as he would charge my last unit of kings within range to threaten him and pile in to the LoP (who had 3 wounds left from earlier combats).  If I won that combat and my LoP didn't die, I would continue moving to his King and try to kill him with 5 Kings and a LoP (which the way I was rolling was very feasible).  If I went first I would have won, if he went first or I didn't win that combat he would have won.

All in all I am really happy with how the majority of the list preformed.  Still need to test it against some horde type armies and either learn to play with or remove the CLoDM/Knights bravery bomb, but overall the Plagued Sons battalion (Plague Cyst + Blessed Sons) is pretty solid. 

21 minutes ago, PUFNSTUF said:

I noticed for the upcoming Midwest meltdown tournament, out of 8 nurgle players, 5 or so are blight cysts, zero plague cyst players. It’s a large tournament so I’m curious to see how they do.

And zero plaguetouched warbands I do believe

Just now, PUFNSTUF said:

You are correct. Sad to see no Archaon lists for any chaos players.

I'll be bringing an Archaon list with Nurgle allegiance to a RTT tomorrow, just trying to tweak the last couple points and either fit in Cogs or be 50 points under for 1 phase of being immune to battleshock.  Gravitating towards the latter, but irritatingly I'm at 1960

47 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

Not surprised that they’re ruling as per RAW right now. Do we have any idea when an FAQ is supposed to appear?

It's due this month.

LVO-presentation-295.jpg

So most likely next week, if there are no unforeseen circumstances.

8 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Just to be sure, Verminlord Corruptors in nurgle generate daemon nurgle spells right?  They seemed to forgot to put that option on warscroll builder, but remembered to put in the rest of the nurgle traits and items!

I guess it’s because it’s tied to allegiance or something. Well, it’s definitely WIZARD, DAEMON and NURGLE so can’t see why not. Took one on mine last night and my opponent didn’t say anything. 

Hey guys,

how viable is it for Nurgle to mix Demon's and Rotbringers? You'll miss out batallions, but Blightkings and Plaguebearers are such solid core units, I would feel bad if I left one of them out.

How would this list do as a first 1000 pt. list:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 78

I'd use the CL with the flies and hope that the Bell and the FGM trees get the BK's in combat quickly. I was also thinking about taking Gutrod instead of the CL. I actually got 10 BK'S and an GUO painted, so I'm planning my next move to get some games in quickly and expand from there.

1 hour ago, Spiny Norman said:

Hey guys,

how viable is it for Nurgle to mix Demon's and Rotbringers? You'll miss out batallions, but Blightkings and Plaguebearers are such solid core units, I would feel bad if I left one of them out.

How would this list do as a first 1000 pt. list:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)

Battleline

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 78

I'd use the CL with the flies and hope that the Bell and the FGM trees get the BK's in combat quickly. I was also thinking about taking Gutrod instead of the CL. I actually got 10 BK'S and an GUO painted, so I'm planning my next move to get some games in quickly and expand from there.

A speedy brutal list. Drones getting +2 attacks in melee and +1 attack from CLoDM in shooting phase looks pretty nasty.

19 minutes ago, Tasman said:

A speedy brutal list. Drones getting +2 attacks in melee and +1 attack from CLoDM in shooting phase looks pretty nasty.

Thank you. So you think it's a valid try?

It has a pretty low model count so I'm a little doubtful, on the other hand this allows me to get Nurgle games in quickly, because the paintwork is tolerable.

3 minutes ago, Spiny Norman said:

Thank you. So you think it's a valid try?

It has a pretty low model count so I'm a little doubtful, on the other hand this allows me to get Nurgle games in quickly, because the paintwork is tolerable.

Depends on the scenario..... those kings are gonna mess stuff up and the drones are awesome. Let us know how it did for you.