AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

43 minutes ago, Tasman said:

You can still take GA Chaos command traits and artifacts, yes?

Yup! You can use all the abilities and rules for nurgle unit's warscrolls. You cannot use any of the allegiance abilities. So thi includes the feculant gnarlmaw BEFORE THE GAME STARTS (pro tip: horticulous still allows you to drop one tree..nice little work around here), summoning,  nurgle artifacts, lores and command traits. 

GA Chaos command traits, artifacts and allegiance ability (+1 hit on units near general.. GREAt for kings!) are your options.

58 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Yup! You can use all the abilities and rules for nurgle unit's warscrolls. You cannot use any of the allegiance abilities. So thi includes the feculant gnarlmaw BEFORE THE GAME STARTS (pro tip: horticulous still allows you to drop one tree..nice little work around here), summoning,  nurgle artifacts, lores and command traits. 

GA Chaos command traits, artifacts and allegiance ability (+1 hit on units near general.. GREAt for kings!) are your options.

Giving up the spells is really what kills me.  Blades of putrefaction is so important on the all-popular marauder bomb.  Giving them an additional +1 to hit sounds dandy until you remember that it doesn't matter if they hit on 6+ if they don't have blades on them.

Definitely something I'm going to try going back and forth with, as being a 1 drop (and -1 to hit in combat) is still pretty bonkers, and the realm-specific artifacts do give back some of the power lost from the carrion dirge/witherstave.  

Tbh I'm just hoping that GW totally reinstate the ability to have your allegiance be any keyword common to all units in a battalion.

Oh and also the command traits are from the 2017 GHB for GA Chaos right? I don't see them re-printed in a newer publication.

3 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

Giving up the spells is really what kills me.  Blades of putrefaction is so important on the all-popular marauder bomb.  Giving them an additional +1 to hit sounds dandy until you remember that it doesn't matter if they hit on 6+ if they don't have blades on them.

Definitely something I'm going to try going back and forth with, as being a 1 drop (and -1 to hit in combat) is still pretty bonkers, and the realm-specific artifacts do give back some of the power lost from the carrion dirge/witherstave.  

Tbh I'm just hoping that GW totally reinstate the ability to have your allegiance be any keyword common to all units in a battalion.

Oh and also the command traits are from the 2017 GHB for GA Chaos right? I don't see them re-printed in a newer publication.

Well its certainly a shift. You can use the plague priest to have enemy units do mortals back on 5s. I would also take a harbinger automatically with plaguetouched because taking saves does not reduce the damage reflected.. so that becomes the schtik. mystic shield and oracular visions from CSL. I also think Warriors would be a better fit than marauders because of leaps and bound more durable they are. The only reason to take marauders was the mortal wound bomb. Knights on the flank would be dope as well.  

GA: chaos traits and artifacts are in core book. Also note you give up the tamurkhans abilities with PTWB as well. 

6 hours ago, peasant said:

In this place We dont run from plagues

Well this made me laugh more than it should.

6 hours ago, Snezzley said:

Where in the U.K. u from? I’m an Essex boy currently living in Kent. 

Unfortunately i avoid facebook like like the plague these days

Leicester currently, always been around the midlands.

I think the FB groups are decent, have only just joined though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Well its certainly a shift. You can use the plague priest to have enemy units do mortals back on 5s. I would also take a harbinger automatically with plaguetouched because taking saves does not reduce the damage reflected.. so that becomes the schtik. mystic shield and oracular visions from CSL. I also think Warriors would be a better fit than marauders because of leaps and bound more durable they are. The only reason to take marauders was the mortal wound bomb. Knights on the flank would be dope as well.  

GA: chaos traits and artifacts are in core book. Also note you give up the tamurkhans abilities with PTWB as well. 

Does the plague priest have the mortal keyword? This is a requirement of the battalion

Marauders are very important in my list in particular because I can still make them stupidly durable.  I can simply no longer use them offensively.  I also really really miss making Archaon eat things on a 5 or a 6 with the nurgle wheel.

11 minutes ago, Tasman said:

That's a new one on me. Must've missed it. What/where is this?

1 horti

1 plaguebearers

1 Plague drones 

1 nurglings

A) reroll 1s

B) resurrect 1d3 Alain plaguebearers

This skills Work if 7" inches from horti

7 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Which core book? The core rules? Am I blind? Or do you mean the old GA chaos book?

24 minutes ago, Injuryprone said:

I don't see the big deal with Plague Squall.

I think you're underestimating how quickly the tide turns, and how little it takes sometimes.

Last tournament I played, I came up against a Deathrattle list. Lots of skeletons and grave guards, plus a couple of heroes. This was a 1000 point game.

At 1000 points, there's only so much you can bring. I was using one of my usual blightking-heavy lists, very killy and very resilient, but still not killy enough to fight an army that can return that many units/models, that frequently, and not resilient enough to outlast such a list either. For the first three battle-rounds, it felt compeltely hopeless. Anything I killed simply resurrected, while he was slowly grinding me down.

A single plague squall cast changed that. Took out his necromancer, and just like that his entire army crumbled the following combat phase.

At 1k points, I had no other means of reaching him. My kings could not get through his skeletons, my heroes could not reach his. I had no flyers, and shooting was not an option.

That spell won me the tournament!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Injuryprone said:

Can't it still be unbound if your wizard is within 30"?

Absolutely, but with no range requirement you can literally have a caster off in lala land casting Squall and mucking with the wheel unopposed.  To Squalls effectiveness it’s true it doesn’t hit terribly hard most of the time but if has huge burst damage potential and entire games can come down to one mortal wound.

• Haha 1

Are Plaguebearers worth it? It seems for 40 points more 5 Putrid Blightkings get a lot more done?

+10 wounds and more offensive capability.

I’ve only just ordered my minis so haven’t played with either yet.

How do people use Plaguebearers?

Edited by ZaelART