AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I just thought of an interesting fluffy but probably not really useful army. Tamurkhan's Horde sub allegiance as a count as Pestilens army, using Plague Ogre battleline that are Pestilen versions of Rat Ogres, then filling in with the usual plague monks, verminelord, etc.

• Like 1

I've send the list at last. What do you think?

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Trait: Pestilent Breath  
- Artefact: Lens of Refraction 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Gutrot Spume (140)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 78

The plan is cover every unit with the Lens of refraction umbrella  while Gutrot and his boys stab the enemy back. Use Contagion points to summon poxbringer for healing, casting spells or plague bearers to defend objectives. And when the time is right launch the drone bomb!

13 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I’ve glued mine as rotigus. I attempted to magnetise (never done it before) and ruined one of the guo faces. I gave up at that point haha. 

Oh well I have a eguo. Just gonna stick the bell n dagger to the base ??

I thought about modeling a nurglings dragging (or trying) the bell on the base. Or just acting cheeky around it

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fluxlord said:

Hi all,

I wanna get me some blight,ings for my nurgle rotbringer army.  In general, is it good to equip them with standard and/or toscin? Was wondering what you guys think.

greetz

Both options are always free upgrades so always model as many bells and banners as you can. Unit can only be affected by one banner bonus (don’t stack) but always good to have multiples!

17 hours ago, Darkfine said:

There just isn’t a reasonable scenario where you would ever want to summon a GUO.  

Our idea was to have one army trying to hold out for a certain number of turns as the Nurgle army grows stronger and stronger. Summoning in a GUO late-game would be pretty cinematic.

14 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

Our idea was to have one army trying to hold out for a certain number of turns as the Nurgle army grows stronger and stronger. Summoning in a GUO late-game would be pretty cinematic.

Well sure cinematic definitely!  

Hi all,

did anyone out there ever run Thricefold Befoulment? I really love those Great Unclean Ones and I´m painting my first one right now while I´m assembling Rotigus. I have to get that third GUO just to run them all together.

But I´m not sure what I can do to bring that list to 2000 points.

A Bligfht Cyst Battallion can be used to bring it to 1980 points, but I´m pretty low on models then.

An other idea is to get a Lord of Afflictions +2x Pusgoyle Blightlords +Blightkings: even less models, but more speed.

Or should I simply run 2 big units of Plaguebearers and some Blightkings?

I’ll be running this list today against an unknown opponent army. He didn’t tell me which army he would be bringing. Would love to leave 50-100 points for the extra command points. But nothing to remove except festus. And that leaves a random 40 points. Not sure 2 command points and a triumph is worth he 140. Overall I’m disappointed with this list like a father who’s kid forgot to take out the trash. Not major disappointment but definitely not pleased. We will see how it performs. 

I am excited to try a big unit of knights with the lord on demonic mount. With both hideous visage and carrion dirge and the knights natural bravery debuff..units are -5 bravery. And with the ability to double tap CLoDM command ability for +1 to hit each they are a tremendous recipient of blades. 10” move run and charge with trees I can be really aggressive with them.

Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Trait: Hideous Visage  
- Artefact: The Carrion Dirge  
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
The Glottkin (420)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Gutrot Spume (140)
Festus The Leechlord (140)

Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)

Units
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Chaos Glaives

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 188

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I’ll be running this list today against an unknown opponent army. He didn’t tell me which army he would be bringing. Would love to leave 50-100 points for the extra command points. But nothing to remove except festus. And that leaves a random 40 points. Not sure 2 command points and a triumph is worth he 140. Overall I’m disappointed with this list like a father who’s kid forgot to take out the trash. Not major disappointment but definitely not pleased. We will see how it performs. 

I am excited to try a big unit of knights with the lord on demonic mount. With both hideous visage and carrion dirge and the knights natural bravery debuff..units are -5 bravery. And with the ability to double tap CLoDM command ability for +1 to hit each they are a tremendous recipient of blades. 10” move run and charge with trees I can be really aggressive with them.

Leaders
- General
The Glottkin (420)
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
- Axes & Shields

Units
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Chaos Glaives

I dig this list a lot. Its similar to some things I've been experimenting with. Are you worried that Glottkin having blades (instead of Festus) is a lot of eggs in one basket? I suppose you may want both those spells in play in the same turn. Knights + CLoDM with Carrion Dirge sounds epic. I'm building models for a similar combo now.

3 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Hi all,

did anyone out there ever run Thricefold Befoulment? I really love those Great Unclean Ones and I´m painting my first one right now while I´m assembling Rotigus. I have to get that third GUO just to run them all together.

But I´m not sure what I can do to bring that list to 2000 points.

A Bligfht Cyst Battallion can be used to bring it to 1980 points, but I´m pretty low on models then.

An other idea is to get a Lord of Afflictions +2x Pusgoyle Blightlords +Blightkings: even less models, but more speed.

Or should I simply run 2 big units of Plaguebearers and some Blightkings?

Someone at the recent team tournament this past weekend actually ran the thricefold battalion. I saw the list and was impressed they tried it. No idea how it did though.

On a more narrative side of things, I was listening to 'Plague Garden' last night while painting. There is a bit in there about an elite guard of Nurgles which is unit of armored GUOs. It was an interesting visual and made me think of Thricefold Befoulment.  It would be interesting to run for sure. I'd probably do it with combat GUOs, one having the bell. There are some matched play scenarios that it would have trouble in, others it could dominate. 

I have the new GUO magnetized and one of the old metal GUO (which I will eventually have ride a mound of Nurglings).  To round out Thrice, how is the Forgeworld GUO?  There are other metal versions out there I could try to acquire as well.  The last option is to try my hand at sculpting my own, and maybe using the magnetized parts from the plastic one to bring it all together.

Basically, if I'm going to run 3 unclean ones, I want 3 completely different sculpts.  Thoughts?

rules question:

Lord of Plagues Plague-ridden Great Weapon ability reads:
Each time you make a hit roll of 6+, that hit roll inflicts D6 hits instead of 1.

Malign sorcery artifacts:
Aiban's Hidden Blade:   If the hit roll is a 6+, add +1 to damage characteristic
 Flowstone Blade: Each time you roll a hit roll of 6+, add 1 to the wound roll for that attack. 

Do these abilities synergize such that all of the d6 attacks get +1 dmg  or +1 to wound roll?

What are your favorite artifacts/traits for LoP? I am running a minimum Blessed Sons List this weekend with the Glottkin, Gutsprume, and a couple of spells added (so everyone that can get an artifact gets an artifact...)

edit: originally asked about Jadewound Thorn but I think that one doesn't work, since it immediately inflicts a mortal wound on a 6+, but Maybe I'm wrong. 

Edited by sorokyl

4 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Leaders
- General
The Glottkin (420)
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
- Axes & Shields

Units
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Chaos Glaives

Great bravery bomb! Have you think of add some demons? maybe an unit of plague drones their musician make reroll 1s on morale check ( or the 4 in the corruption wheel of nurgle), that will counter the ability of demons to resurrect dead bodies in particular tzeentch

Edited by peasant

Im not sure about the thricefold befoulment for match play either.

You can only try to cast the wind spell once per own Herophase. So best with dagger and tome of 1k poxes as artefact on one support GUO. Other GUO mellee attachments and one rotigus.

Still you limit yourself with over ~1200 points for 3 models which should be best kept tight togehter to maximize the benefit out of the batallion.

Nice are the extra artefact and commandpoint. Is it worth 65% of your army? Im really not sure and pretty interested in feedback too :)

Edited by Zplash

Here's my List for the weekend, just for fun.  Decided to try The Blessed Sons, and wanted to try some endless spells. Was gonna do Cogs but I figured with the batallion I'll get first turn and buffed up I should survive a round of shooting pretty well to spend a possible 2 turns getting to them. Plus there are no good endless spells for 20 for this list!  I'll save the Cogs for when I get my GUO built with a bell. The Eye of Nurgle is in case I play our Nagash  player, Nagash has never died, so I'll take a 17% chance! (I get 3 artifacts anyway).  Hoping The lord of plagues gets me some extra contagion points. 

Allegiance: Nurgle - Mortal Realm: Ghyran
LEADERS
Lord of Plagues (140) - General - Command Trait : Virulent Contagion - Artefact : Ghyrstrike
The Glottkin (420) - Lore of Malignance : Blades of Putrefaction
Harbinger of Decay (160) - Artefact : The Eye of Nurgle
Sorcerer (120) - Artefact : Muttergrub - Lore of Foulness : Plague Squall
Gutrot Spume (140)
UNITS
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
BATTALIONS
Plague Cyst (200)
The Blessed Sons (100)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (40)

11 hours ago, Snezzley said:

Hi Guys, 

new to nirgle and first time posting sting on the forum, anyone know of any (pref U.K. based) WhatsApp groups? 

Hi, I don't know of any WhatsApp groups (I'm also new!) but there is a big AoS Maggotkin Facebook group. That is international group though, no idea if there is a UK only one.

I am UK based.

19 hours ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

I dig this list a lot. Its similar to some things I've been experimenting with. Are you worried that Glottkin having blades (instead of Festus) is a lot of eggs in one basket? I suppose you may want both those spells in play in the same turn. Knights + CLoDM with Carrion Dirge sounds epic. I'm building models for a similar combo now.

So I was Really excited to try this list. My friend wanted to go home ..wasnt feeling well. Got a pick up game with another in my group.. he runs gore pilgrims womp womp so the bravery bomb was nullified by the blood douche's portal. I tried to ambush him with gutrot and ten kings. But he parked them in  mystical woods so the secretor had 2+/6++ and took 2 turns to kill. By the time he was dead, so was the CLoDM.  Got through about 2.5 turns against a nighthaunt player before the store closed. chain rasps (40) charged knights. killed one. knights and CLoDM killed a  bunch of rasps. Bravery -5 made the rest of them battleshock. I think it was 12 left. They just evaporated. Lady Olynder came by and smoked the CLoDM though. But it was fun. The knights are SICK on the charge. 

Gotta find a way to charge in then back off, so I can charge into another unit. Combine them with a tanky unit. Let tank stay while I back out reposition for another charge maybe? Dunno. More testing needed. CLoDM isnt as tanky as I thought and I put him into danger both games and paid the price. 

15 hours ago, peasant said:

Great bravery bomb! Have you think of add some demons? maybe an unit of plague drones their musician make reroll 1s on morale check ( or the 4 in the corruption wheel of nurgle), that will counter the ability of demons to resurrect dead bodies in particular tzeentch

Drones for me are great in a dedicated drone bomb list. But I plan on summoning demons and running mortals. Even considereing running a plaguetouched warband with GA: Chaos and forgoing the cycle, summoning, trees, artifacts, lores and command traits. Its THAT GOOD. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Drones for me are great in a dedicated drone bomb list. But I plan on summoning demons and running mortals. Even considereing running a plaguetouched warband with GA: Chaos and forgoing the cycle, summoning, trees, artifacts, lores and command traits. Its THAT GOOD. 

Thats a Great idea! Chaos Alliance, and Plague touched. One Question We Can Take 14 putrid blightkings and Still Get The Benefits?

TOO bad I Sent My List yesterday 

Edited by peasant

34 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

So I was Really excited to try this list. My friend wanted to go home ..wasnt feeling well. Got a pick up game with another in my group.. he runs gore pilgrims womp womp so the bravery bomb was nullified by the blood douche's portal. I tried to ambush him with gutrot and ten kings. But he parked them in  mystical woods so the secretor had 2+/6++ and took 2 turns to kill. By the time he was dead, so was the CLoDM.  Got through about 2.5 turns against a nighthaunt player before the store closed. chain rasps (40) charged knights. killed one. knights and CLoDM killed a  bunch of rasps. Bravery -5 made the rest of them battleshock. I think it was 12 left. They just evaporated. Lady Olynder came by and smoked the CLoDM though. But it was fun. The knights are SICK on the charge. 

Gotta find a way to charge in then back off, so I can charge into another unit. Combine them with a tanky unit. Let tank stay while I back out reposition for another charge maybe? Dunno. More testing needed. CLoDM isnt as tanky as I thought and I put him into danger both games and paid the price. 

You can still take GA Chaos command traits and artifacts, yes?

18 hours ago, grungolah said:

I have the new GUO magnetized and one of the old metal GUO (which I will eventually have ride a mound of Nurglings).  To round out Thrice, how is the Forgeworld GUO?  There are other metal versions out there I could try to acquire as well.  The last option is to try my hand at sculpting my own, and maybe using the magnetized parts from the plastic one to bring it all together.

Basically, if I'm going to run 3 unclean ones, I want 3 completely different sculpts.  Thoughts?

I have the forgeworld GUO, it’s a cool model and was tonnes of fun to paint. If you can get it on eBay for a reasonable price (more likely with the new model and recent warscroll change) I’d definitely recommend.

7 hours ago, ZaelART said:

Hi, I don't know of any WhatsApp groups (I'm also new!) but there is a big AoS Maggotkin Facebook group. That is international group though, no idea if there is a UK only one.

I am UK based.

Where in the U.K. u from? I’m an Essex boy currently living in Kent. 

Unfortunately i avoid facebook like like the plague these days