AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I don't think it will get changed.  You can only use it if you are already taking a huge core tax.

Maybe I'll try this since it includes things I own.

LEADERS
Lord of Plagues (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
Sorcerer (120)
Great Unclean One (340)

UNITS
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)

BATTALIONS
The Blessed Sons (100)
Plague Cyst (200)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

3CP 2 Artifacts

Can my army be from Ghur but take a spell from Shyish?

Edited by Injuryprone
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 8:35 PM, Avvien said:

Oh, you're right! Double checked GHB18 and it's true! - That puts the list at 1840... Enough room to stick Gutrot in there and still have 20 points to spare! Or something completely different, who knows.

If that was the case would you fancy upping one unit of blightkings to 10 for sailing on?

Well after being a Chaos Marauder doubter, I'm fully converted after 1 game!!

Archaon 660

The Glottkin 420

Lord of Blights 140

Harbinger of Decay 160

40 Chaos Marauders 200

10 Chaos Warrios 180

5 Putrid Blightkings 160

Pallisade 30

Total 1950

Versus 2k of Nighthaunts, although it was his first game using the new army so he missed stuffed despite having unlimited take-backs.

The Marauders (Axes + Shield) buffed by the Command Abilities of the  Lord of Blights, Harbinger, Glottkin plus Mystic Shield and Fleshy Abundance were off the scale mental!

+5 Armour save re-rolling 1's/+1 A/-2 -1 to hit/ +5 Disgusting Resilience/+1 W plus all the other marauder buffs.

They held up 4 of his units for 3 turns, amazing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredster4050 said:

Archaon 660

The Glottkin 420

Lord of Blights 140

Harbinger of Decay 160

40 Chaos Marauders 200

10 Chaos Warrios 180

5 Putrid Blightkings 160

Pallisade 30

Total 1950

Versus 2k of Nighthaunts, although it was his first game using the new army so he missed stuffed despite having unlimited take-backs.

The Marauders (Axes + Shield) buffed by the Command Abilities of the  Lord of Blights, Harbinger, Glottkin plus Mystic Shield and Fleshy Abundance were off the scale mental!

+5 Armour save re-rolling 1's/+1 A/-2 -1 to hit/ +5 Disgusting Resilience/+1 W plus all the other marauder buffs.

Looks almost identical to what I want to do, but two units of blightkings instead of the warriors. What spells and artifact did you take?

6 hours ago, Injuryprone said:

Can my army be from Ghur but take a spell from Shyish?

The spell lores are based on the realm your battle is taking place in.  You also don't pick a spell, all your wizards know all the spells of the realm.

The artifacts are based on the realm you declare your army is from.

3 hours ago, fredster4050 said:

Archaon 660

The Glottkin 420

Lord of Blights 140

Harbinger of Decay 160

40 Chaos Marauders 200

10 Chaos Warrios 180

5 Putrid Blightkings 160

Pallisade 30

Total 1950

Basically the same list I’m running except my battleline are only 5 chaos warriors and trading out the blightkings for 20 marauders. Dropping the palisade lets me take a mounted chaos sorcerer lord, which makes Archaon way more consistent and gives you another cast for some of the amazing nurgle spells

After buying & building and half finished painting "start Collection Daemons of Nurgle" i bought a feculent gnarlmaw & 10 more Plaguebearers and start tommorow with building it.

I will Play in a Group of 7 Players, with max. 1000 Points per Army. We will Play Multiplayer Games, so im very lost what to buy next.

Is GUO useful in open Play multiplayer? Should i better get some Blight Kings? or both? :D

13 hours ago, fredster4050 said:

Archaon 660

The Glottkin 420

Lord of Blights 140

Harbinger of Decay 160

40 Chaos Marauders 200

10 Chaos Warrios 180

5 Putrid Blightkings 160

Pallisade 30

Total 1950

nurgle marauders are amazing. They can tarpit (fleshy abundance and harbinger), they can even be one of the most deadly units in the game.. with blades and easy way to get +1 to hit. 80 attacks doing mortals on 5s is INSANE. When plaguetouched warband was alive, they were -1 to hit naturally and kickbacked mortal wounds when your opponent wounded them on a 6. 

I’m disliking the plague cyst more and more I try it. First off the bad fees when I realize the battalion only really gives you reroll 2s because LoP already lets you reroll 1s. If everyone (including him and harbinger) got to reroll hits that would match its point cost. I just found an extra 17% chance at close proximity for D3 Mortal Wounds wasn’t worth 200 points..or 340 because LoP is not *normally* taken in a competetive list. If I’m going to go with a big battalion like that.. I will try blight cyst. I have a feeling battalion-less is the way for me. 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 2

Can you summon in Rottigus for 28 contagion points, or does it have to be the standard GUO? I would have thought the standard one, but for the Thricefold Befoulment requirements (3 GUO) they show Rottigus in the picture for the battalion. I know Rotty and the GUO are the same point cost, but I didn't know if summoning a named person was somehow different.

1 hour ago, Euphanism said:

Can you summon in Rottigus for 28 contagion points, or does it have to be the standard GUO? I would have thought the standard one, but for the Thricefold Befoulment requirements (3 GUO) they show Rottigus in the picture for the battalion. I know Rotty and the GUO are the same point cost, but I didn't know if summoning a named person was somehow different.

It has to be a Standard GUO. If it was in keyword bold font and all caps (GREAT UNCLEAN ONE) then it could be anything with that keyword. As it is not in all caps and keyword bold.. it refers to the specific name of the warscroll. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I’m disliking the plague cyst more and more I try it. First off the bad fees when I realize the battalion only really gives you reroll 2s because LoP already lets you reroll 1s. If everyone (including him and harbinger) got to reroll hits that would match its point cost. I just found an extra 17% chance at close proximity for D3 Mortal Wounds wasn’t worth 200 points..or 340 because LoP is not *normally* taken in a competetive list. If I’m going to go with a big battalion like that.. I will try blight cyst. I have a feeling battalion-less is the way for me. 

man! Just come to ask about  the viability of plague cyst and lord of plagues you give me solid arguments.

What do you think of Horticulous and  LoB in a 1k game, I need to send the army list ... so many options... few points!

48 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

It has to be a Standard GUO. If it was in keyword bold font and all caps (GREAT UNCLEAN ONE) then it could be anything with that keyword. As it is not in all caps and keyword bold.. it refers to the specific name of the warscroll. 

Thank you! Looks like I might have to buy that second GUO after all...

17 hours ago, PUFNSTUF said:

Looks almost identical to what I want to do, but two units of blightkings instead of the warriors. What spells and artifact did you take?

I had Plague Squall on Archaon and Rancid Visitations on the Glottkin as I was facing a Nighthaunt Horde army

The Harbinger had Endless Gift as keeping him alive is paramount to survivability.

Edited by fredster4050

7 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

Thank you! Looks like I might have to buy that second GUO after all...

Very easy to magnetize! So you could have a nice model to represent rotigus and all the different GUO loadouts. 

I have always wondered.. If I summon in a GUO or poxbringer.. do I get to immediately choose a spell they know? Where is this stated anywhere? And in the case of GUO.. I assume I just get to pick whatever weapon combinations I want at the time...?

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 1

My next iteration on 1k army, C&C is welcome and apreciated:

1 GUO (sword and FAIL :( )

1 Gutrot

2x5 PBK

1x3 Plague Drones

I discovered an artifact, lens of refraction, that reduces 1d3 MW / spell cast to an unit whitin  6", I think this can seriously  shut down wizard-heavy lists

Considering starting with Maggotkin for a new escalation league, though it is looking like they a considerable initial buy-in cost.

I am considering the following:

440pts

Rotbringer Sorcerer

2 x 5 Putrid Blightkings

720pts

Bloab Rotspawned

Rotbringer Sorcerer

2 x 5 Putrid Blightkings

1000pts

Bloab Rotspawned

Rotbringer Sorcerer

Gutrot Spume

3 x 5 Putrid Blightkings

Alongside these I would probably grab a Feculant Gnarlmaw and a SC! Nurgle Daemons box for summons.

I haven't actually played any AoS yet but I've always been a huge Nurgle fan so I was wondering if the above would be any use in actual games.

Hopefully looking to get some tips and constructive feedback before buying anything.

The main thing I'm worrying about is whether I should be trying to field more models, and also the speed of crossing the board.

• Like 1