AoS 2 - Legion of Sacrament Discussion

RuneBrush

4 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I like those kind of list.

But I'd like to add a Goul king on terrorgheist (as allied?)

Can this GKoTH summon some let say Crypt Flayers if he is allied? it is unclear to me. And is this once per battle or what?

Indeed he can and yes it'll only be once. 

46 minutes ago, Boombatty80 said:

The hordes are there to attack too really. I'm convinced they'll be underestimated and at that size they're almost always going to get their re-rolls.

Tweaked a bit though to take on board comments about objectives. At those sizes I ought to be able to summon them repeatedly from my grave sites.  

Leaders
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- Vampiric Sword & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Wristbands of Black Gold 
Necromancer (110)
Spirit Torment (120)

Battleline
30 x Chainrasp Horde (240)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)

Behemoths
Mourngul (300)
- Allies

Endless Spells
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Well, you might be right that the ‘rasp’s and doggies will be ignored. After all, your opponent will have Arkan, a VLoZD and a Mourngul to worry about. But what is the overall strategy?

The way I look at it, there are 3 basic builds:

resilience

threat overload

sneeky

Resilience is the most forgiving. The idea is that your army can take a beating in the first half of the game and then rack up the victory points when the opposing army runs out of steam. The strategy is to outlast the opponent.

Threat overload is much more aggressive and aims to present the opponent with more threats than he can handle at once. Victory is achieved in the first half of the game by causing damage at a rate the other guy can’t recover from. These tend to be fast armies with big nasty stuff. But mistakes can cost the game.

Finally, the sneaky armies which have tricks to prevent the enemy army from functioning, and then surgically take the opponent’s army apart. Takes lots of experience to pull it off.

So there are some examples of overall strategy. Which is best depends on which play style suits your temperament. A resilience ‘rasp list might be built around 120 rasps and plenty of small hero’s to regenerate them. In a threat overload or sneaky build, only 40 rasps would be enough to fill the high model count unit role. They are actually good for this role because they are cheap but still relatively mobile.

When all is said and done, every list is ok. It is practice that really makes the difference. The interesting thing about your list is the combination of VLoZD and Mourngul. I am interested to hear how that works out.

this is my tournament list minus one 5 man dog unit for the cogs ^^

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament

Leaders
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Soulpike (Vampires)
Prince Vhordrai (480)
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Shroud of Darkness 
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Spectral Grasp

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
30 x Dire Wolves (320)

Units
9 x Spirit Hosts (360)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 147

23 minutes ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

It's on the new version of the warscroll

Where are those updates? because can't see and I've checked at GW there

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Flesh-Eaters-Courts-Abhorrant-Ghoul-King-on-Terrorgheist

and 

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-abhorrant-ghoul-king-terrorgheist-en.pdf

Well, together with the gkozd you could summon an elite Unit with a varghulf... that‘s pretty scary.

and the barefooted one then only costs 40 points aaaand they enter from a board edge... 

but you need to get all the command points from somewhere

I've checked: GK=140 points, for 2 GK  = 280 you have decent immediate rehenforcement (summoning) crypts horros/flyers = 160points*2 : none of those are weak. The GK, by 2 , have decent  wounds and attacks and boost their friends from crypts!!!

What do you think?

40 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Its in the one on the app.  You can tell those are the old warscrolls because they still have the old layout/format.

7 minutes ago, Honk said:

Well, together with the gkozd you could summon an elite Unit with a varghulf... that‘s pretty scary.

and the barefooted one then only costs 40 points aaaand they enter from a board edge... 

but you need to get all the command points from somewhere

I didn't speak about the GKoZD because it is 440 points: can't fit as allied. Unfortunatly.

But I really think that we have something there: "The GK, by 2 , have decent  wounds and attacks and boost their friends from crypts!!!" This is a HUGE wounds+attacks for only 280 points!!!

Edited by GeneralZero

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

not to be taken too lighly in commbat I think

GkoTg is great: good melee, scream and heals d3 each round...

within a legion of blood even the flayers could perform, not to mention the tg-scream and it gets even better, he has the vampire keyword XD

4 minutes ago, KoalaSnok said:

Sadly he wont get the attack bonus anyway as an ally.

Don’t have my book with me, but I‘ll work on a rebuttal...

f.e. Deathless minions works, some abilities carry over to allies, so I‘d rather double check

Was wondering, with the masters teachings you could do two blobs of grimghadts or even myrmourn squad. Then suicide thd one unit to cause max dmg, it dies, kill one thing witn thd othef heavy hittef unit and use mastedx teachings to summon the unit to a new gravesite. Then thd second heavy hitter dies and uou use the new fresh unig to kill one unit and revive the dead unit and so forth. Invest in your objectives plus hero support and revolve around the 2 killh units for damage