AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, JetBlackSVW said:

What base rim color do you use for your Khorne army? I am still unsure what to use myself. I am thinking about Khorne Red, but there is already a lot of red on the models, so a neutral color might be better.

Dryad bark. Looks quite neutral so does not detract

IMG_0636.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this is old news but I had a question about Karnak. 

So Prey of the Blood God states "you can pick one Hero to be Karnak's quarry". 

One hero. 

Now given that the rest of the rule is you can re-roll all failed hit and wound rolls against that Hero, it's pretty obvious to me that RAI is that Hero is an ENEMY hero.

That being said, is there anything besides honor that's stopping me from picking my Bloodsecrator or any other of my own heroes then cashing in on Call of the Hunt where it states, "if Karnak is within 8" of his quarry during the Hero phase, you can summon a unit of 5 Flesh Hounds to the battlefield"

Free 5 Flesh Hounds 1st turn? 

Checked the new FAQ and errata and didn't see anything specific addressing this. 

Edited by Scrags

27 minutes ago, Scrags said:

One hero. 

Now given that the rest of the rule is you can re-roll all failed hit and wound rolls against that Hero, it's pretty obvious to me that RAI is that Hero is an ENEMY hero.

That being said, is there anything besides honor that's stopping me from picking my Bloodsecrator or any other of my own heroes then cashing in on Call of the Hunt where it states, "if Karnak is within 8" of his quarry during the Hero phase, you can summon a unit of 5 Flesh Hounds to the battlefield"

Checked the new FAQ and errata and didn't see anything specific addressing this. 

Yep. You got it. Any Hero can be the quarry, and you can just pop them out Turn 1. 

Gonna give this one a try. It's centred around 3 exploding Khornemowers and their Khorgie groupies. Not the best magic protection, but lots of attacks, mortal wounds and lots of Damage 2-3 on a 4+ to wound (thanks to battalion + Juggerlord + Plague Priest). 

Allegiance: Khorne
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Violent Urgency 
- Artefact: Gorecleaver 
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
Plague Priest with Plague Censer (80)
- Allies
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)
- Mark of Chaos: None
Skulltake (190)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 80 / 400
Wounds: 147

Edited by Roark

22 minutes ago, Roark said:

Gonna give this one a try. It's centred around 3 exploding Khornemowers and their Khorgie groupies. Not the best magic protection, but lots of attacks, mortal wounds and lots of Damage 2-3 on a 4+ to wound (thanks to battalion + Juggerlord + Plague Priest). 

- General
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
- Allies
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
Skulltake (190)

Sorry still new to Khorne, what are "Khornemowers?" xD I assume it's a nickname for a unit?

also is the plaguepriest purely for Wither?

do you like Skullreapers? I feel like they don't do much for their cost. (At least my 10 haven't yet)

What loadout do you use for your Skullreapers?

14 minutes ago, Scrags said:

Sorry still new to Khorne, what are "Khornemowers?" xD I assume it's a nickname for a unit?

also is the plaguepriest purely for Wither?

do you like Skullreapers? I feel like they don't do much for their cost. (At least my 10 haven't yet)

What loadout do you use for your Skullreapers?

Mowing = reaping. Khornemowers = Skullreapers  ;-)

Plague Priest is for Wither prayer + Plague Tome ability.

I've only ever had excellent results with Skullreapers. Even moreso when they have 6 attacks each haha. I always kit them out with Daemonblades and Soul Tearer, and give them bonuses to hit to activate the Daemonblades more frequently.

You should also check out the battalion rules to understand my list's strengths and weaknesses better.

What do you guys think about skullfiend tribe now that it’s only 70 points? Personally I don’t think I’d use the skulltake battalion without it! For the price of one squad of reavers you get an artefact (very useful for certain missions), a command point, and the ability to go one drop (still huge considering you still choose who goes first) 

1 hour ago, JetBlackSVW said:

Nice army you have here. Could you make a close photo of Valkia, please?

Thanks it's bigger now ?

Sure here you go. It's a kit bashed dark eldar scourge, chaos shield and blood letter horns on a hero base. The spear is the dark eldar one from the kit with a skull stuck on.

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Scrags said:

One hero. 

RAW you can do this but it's pretty obvious what RAI intended. 

Its me playing him. Its an awsome item on him cos you can charge with the letters and him at the same time and go first with both. And if he get charged in the oponents  turn he fights first anyway. And he tend to kill most things he fights with :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikeboll said:

Its me playing him. Its an awsome item on him cos you can charge with the letters and him at the same time and go first with both. And if he get charged in the oponents  turn he fights first anyway. And he tend to kill most things he fights with :) 

Good luck!

Plan b, bait. bloodthirster camping on an objective with wrathmongers in pilein range just behind.

20 hours ago, Roark said:

- General
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
- Allies
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
Skulltake (190)

I had the same idea as you, but in chaos grand alliance.

See, slaughterpriest are.... not very good outside of gore pilgrim, because 4+ is very unreliable.

In chaos grand alliance, you loose prayers (and mostly the interest of taking the slaughterpriest) as well as the blood tithe, but i think the +1 to hit to every units 12" around your general on a 5+ is good, and VERY GOOD in a army with so many skullreapers that love having bonuses to hit is ultra worthy. Statiscally, having 3 units around your general will be average be as efficient as a slaughterpriest (33% chance on 3 units rather 50% chance on one unit) and free you some points.

The chaos warshrine trade a khorne prayer + reroll to hit to one prayer giving reroll 1 to hit (meh) and reroll 1 to wound (the best friend of the skullreapers).

And while you loose the good items from khorne and lot of anti magic, the daemonic weapon and chaos talisman are still good in their own right

@Roark Really interested to hear how Skulltake battalion works for you. Love the addition of the plague priest. Pure theoryhammer but I've always thought running the plague priest, Juggerlord, and Chosen could be fun for possibility of MWs on a 4+ wound roll on the charge.

Anyway - let us know how the list fares!

• Thanks 1

@ledha Yeah, I've always liked the grand alliance hit bonuses.  But the Skulltake battalion's effects are solid gold in this list IMHO, especially now that we can amplify it with a Plague Priest. We can have a Gorecleaver Juggerlord doing 4 mortal wounds per wound on a 4+. Or Khorgies doing Damage 3 on their 8-9 attacks each. Not bad for 90pt monsters that can self heal and don't degrade as they get hurt.

Damage 2-3 Skullreapers with 5-6 attacks each, and Damage 2 rending Reavers with 4-5 attacks each will be welcome too of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Render said:

@Roark Really interested to hear how Skulltake battalion works for you. Love the addition of the plague priest. Pure theoryhammer but I've always thought running the plague priest, Juggerlord, and Chosen could be fun for possibility of MWs on a 4+ wound roll on the charge.

Anyway - let us know how the list fares!

Thanks mate. My main fear is keeping the Stoker alive. It's like Dark Feast with the Slaughterpriest. If they kill that "lynchpin" guy, the fun stops.  I kinda hate that about our battalions... :-(

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Roark said:

@ledha Yeah, I've always liked the grand alliance hit bonuses.  But the Skulltake battalion's effects are solid gold in this list IMHO, especially now that we can amplify it with a Plague Priest. We can have a Gorecleaver Juggerlord doing 4 mortal wounds per wound on a 4+. Or Khorgies doing Damage 3 on their 8-9 attacks each. Not bad for 90pt monsters that can self heal and don't degrade as they get hurt.

Damage 2-3 Skullreapers with 5-6 attacks each, and Damage 2 rending Reavers with 4-5 attacks each will be welcome too of course.

yeah, but the point of my post is that you can have the skulltake AND the grand alliance bonuses

• Like 1