AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

12 minutes ago, Killax said:

If your looking for a superior close combat army! Nurgle is the way, that's all. 

We have a nurgle expert in our local ....has stomped face ever since the drop of the new battletome for them. 

1 hour ago, chord said:

For those who want to competitively play Chaos, go Nurgle, you get a free Allegiance ability on top of your Allegiance ability.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-tamurkhans-horde.pdf

So, if you do that, they become a TAMURKHANS HORDE general and can only take one specific command trait. And their first artefact MUST BE a Daemon Flask.

10 minutes ago, chord said:

We have a nurgle expert in our local ....has stomped face ever since the drop of the new battletome for them. 

And now he can stop face, practically always succeed in his charges and keep you at bay.

Fun times at GW. Fun times indeed. Is this how Death felt when GH2017 curbed them into nothingness? Is this how Destruction feels since end of GH2016?

image.png.e7292d25ae48c149f2e9eccd6c0c400f.png

1 minute ago, TheOtherJosh said:

So, if you do that, they become a TAMURKHANS HORDE general and can only take one specific command trait. And their first artefact MUST BE a Daemon Flask.

You did check all the bonusses you get on top of that? You do understand that currently there is no Artifact that even compairs to the whole slew of bonuses?

Edited by Killax
  • Haha 2

@Praecautus That’s handy ... apparently I was still seeing the cached info on the faq page.

Good stuff. ?

They snagged a bunch of other fixes as well.

All the Khorne Exalted DB are now on 40mm

Skaarbrand is now on a 100mm circle.

imo Valkyia and the Bloodsecrator should be on a 40mm’s for better balance but that isn’t how they come.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I just noticed that the Exalted Greater Daemon of Khorne can be summoned for 16 blood tithe points. Did the 8 blood tithe cap get changed and I didn't notice?

That’s ... an interesting question. Because it lists as 8 in the book ... and I don’t recall seeing an FAQ about that ...

Edit: So... RAW ... you can’t summon a EGDoK. Because you’re capped at 8 points. And they didn’t faq that. I’ve sent off an email to the AoS faq team. :) 

Edited by TheOtherJosh

5 hours ago, Roark said:

May be referring to Look out, Sir!, no shooting out of combat, and 30" unbinding.

5 hours ago, phizzco said:

explain?

Exactly as Roark suggests 

Being able to keep our squishy heroes alive significantly longer is really going to boost bloodbound armies a lot 

10 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Exactly as Roark suggests 

Being able to keep our squishy heroes alive significantly longer is really going to boost bloodbound armies a lot 

It would, if we would still play the previous edition with no point updates and Tzeentch still receiving the nerfs.

The neutral changes do favour some factions more than others but that does not mean that we are the prime beneficiary of them or that it could counteract the myriad of issues within BoK (new and old).

The whole picture must always be taken into consideration, not only convenient parts of it.

The new Stormcast Battletome got reviewed on Youtube, the Retributors got nerfed heavily, they don't do MW on 6 or more to hit  anymore, but only on 6 to hit unmodified. With all that negativity we should consider ourselves lucky that the Bloodletters doesn't got the same treatment.?

The new missions have a heavy emphasis on objective play. 

Being able to deep strike units could help khorne in the new missions quite a bit. Just a few thoughts:

1. Total commitment, each objective is in a board corner, I could see BoK armies camping tough units while deepstriking daemons against enemy objectives. 

2. Focal points, all objectives 18 from the middle. Good for khorne and other combat armies central objective scores consistently. Controlling objective deep in both territory scores higher.

3. Better part of valour, bit like scorched earth. 1, 2, 4 or 8 VP are awarded depending on turns objectives are held. Summoning could be used to steal objectives for a turn to reset VP counts on enemy objectives.

4. Shifting objectives (shite name GW) again being able to quickly react with summoned troops gives an advantage as primary objective is 3 VP and secondarys are 1.

5. Places of arcane power, this is a real downer. Only wizards and heroes with artefacts can claim objectives?!? Hope your opponent is KO or khorne I suppose??? 

6.  Relocation orb, real cool game where a grid and dice roll determine where the objective lands. Again with this mission, swift or teleporting units will aid reclaiming the objective in this mission. 

Guys I have a question about the General Handbook, it has the points costs for Blades of Khorn units and some of them have stars on the left side of the unit name. I am assuming this means a change of some sort to the units rules or points costs. But it isn't very clear, if that is the case. Plus if the stars do point at a change of some sort, where do I find the rules for those changed units.

11 minutes ago, Karol said:

Guys I have a question about the General Handbook, it has the points costs for Blades of Khorn units and some of them have stars on the left side of the unit name. I am assuming this means a change of some sort to the units rules or points costs. But it isn't very clear, if that is the case. Plus if the stars do point at a change of some sort, where do I find the rules for those changed units.

The star just denotes that the points for that unit have changed since ghb '17.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MOMUS said:

5. Places of arcane power, this is a real downer. Only wizards and heroes with artefacts can claim objectives?!? Hope your opponent is KO or khorne I suppose??? 

I think the sensible thing would be to reroll the mission in the event you're playing an army with no wizards. Don't know what you would do with Tournament play.

1 hour ago, Towenaar said:

I think the sensible thing would be to reroll the mission in the event you're playing an army with no wizards. Don't know what you would do with Tournament play.

GW did the sensible thing in the very next mission, claiming objectives is normal except wizards and artifact heroes count as 20 models.

Mybe it'll get a fix.