Starting Stormcast

brimmstorm

Hello!

With the start of the new edition I am starting a Stormcast army. So far I just have the Stormcast half of the old starter, and I'll be getting Soul Wars, and swapping the Nighthaunt for more Stormcast. 

So my question is what are some must have units from Stormcast? What are some of your favorite units and why are they your favorite? 

Looking forward to seeing everyone opinions!

Thanks!

That is fantastic advice however I’d advocate buying some Battleline such as liberators as a big blob of them is terrifying. Getting the storm of sigmar set will give you the rest of a unit of retributors and more liberators so you get a full unit. The flying ones look cool and having some high mobility units can’t hurt. The ranged ones may be good I’ve never used them personally but I’d wait for the new edition. However having some ranged is a priority for my lists along with magic and the soul wars half seems to have that covered. The Stormcast start collecting sets are great value and will really pad out your army so they are worth considering imo.

so in conclusion don’t buy anything yet but consider getting some ranged units, padding out the ones you have and maybe get more magic depending on what you get in soul wars. On average I like to have two spells and unbinds at least per turn. There’s plenty for you to think about and follow up but above all go with what you like and are interested in otherwise you won’t paint or play it f the passions gone. Also you have a ton of stuff to paint already so I’d paint up what You have before buying any more. That gives you time to research more and paint what you have and time for the editions meta to settle.

1 hour ago, Peegee said:

4 Ballistas + Lord Ordinator will likely be the core of every SCE list in 2.0.

There is no reason to believe this.  If you actually read the discussions on the Let's Chat SCE thread you will find that most people are not overly impressed by them.  This could definitely be the core of a dedicated gunline list, and I think you'll see people experiment with such a list, but that is just one of many.  

2 hours ago, Peegee said:

4 Ballistas + Lord Ordinator will likely be the core of every SCE list in 2.0.

I could see most forces having 1-2 ballistas, but 4 + Ordinator is a pretty large commitment. I don't see that becoming the norm by any means. 

I dont see a ordinator as a core of stormcast list. You have to take him as general so you cant take a lord arkanum to make your sequitors battleline. I think the best unit of stormcast are sequitors now. A unit of 5 costs 120 points. That are 10 wounds with 7 attacks 3+3+ rend -1 ,dmg 2. and 4 attacks 3+3+,dmg 1, also reroll to hit, 4+ saves reroll 1 s. Anf  against nighthaunt and demons that extra d3 hits on a 6.

so in my opinion the most strong sce unit now.

But as a loose piece of advice (I'm in the same position) I was thinking about

a Lord Ordinator

Easy build  Sequitors to finish the unit

Malign Sorcery obv.

anything else? I know the starter set from 1.0 would be handy for troops at least and who doesn't like the Prime?

My store was clearing out some of the older Stormcast/Khorne starters so I got one of them, a Blood and Thunder starter, and a unit of Judicators. I’m getting the Soul Wars box and getting an extra Stormcast half. So I have a good start. Going to pick up some characters soon too. 

Archived