Elemental Nightmares - 3x Aspects Idoneth Deepkin List

Thankee

I present my different takes on 3x Waves lists! I have played many different variations and come to some conclusions!

- It's cooler then Nagashes breathe to play 3 waves.

- They preform better then what you, me and your opponents thinks!

- It's very mission/opponent dependent but ALWAYS FUN and requires you to think very carefully.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjmdXfbHG6Q/

LIST 1! - Ambush & Rituals

1x Aspect of Sea

- Sands of Infinte

2x Aspect of Storm

1xTideCaller

2xSoulscryer

3x10 Thralls

With my Aligence I will be able to take 3 units with me per soul scryer to "ambush" with. This makes the army elite and versatile. I can deploy very differently depending on opposing army and objectives.

The backbone of the army is also very durable. Aspects got a 3+ save to begin with and with many means to heal themselves.

With Soulscryers making prayers at boats which i placed on opposing side I heal all my Aspects 1 wound per turn as well as making them reroll all hits and cast rolls.

All my aspects heal d3 per turn and My Aspect of Sea can heal another d3 when needed with it's spell.

List 2! - Allied Prime & Mortal Wound Safety

This list is even more finicky but very powerful and won 8 of 10 matches.

With the enclave to give the celestial prime tides of death table = cover save, run and charge, attack first..) aswell as your Sea Wave +1 to cast and unbind, this is one elite army. You will have trouble finding an army more elite then this.

Charge in with storms, debuff with your Sea and mortal wound spam with your prime from afar.

2x Storm

1x Sea (General with Midnight Pearl for anti-shoot)

1x Prime

3x 10 Thralls

List 3! - Stormcaller

3x Storm

One of em should have +2 wounds and Midnight as anti-shooter turn 1 or 2.

1x Leviadon

3x 10 Thralls

Trick here is to keep your waves around the Leviadon to keep them at a 2+ Save all game.

Use enclave that gives you rerolls on everything if the enemy charged. Wait for your opponent to charge you. Kill them with your rerolls everything and then charge them, heal up and reroll everything cause you charged.

• 4 weeks later...

New list is;

2x Aspect of the Storm

1x Aspect of the Sea - General

Allied; Celestial Prime

3x Thralls Battleline

Going to a tournament with this list next week, wish me luck! I'll keep you updated.

Seems crazy, but taking 2 Sea Eidolons with the cover spell, and making bigger blobs of thralls, infused by the leadership boost of the eidolons and the cover bonuses.... sounds like it stands a chance. Or maybe is just my wish of thralls and eidolons being competitive hehe. 

Problem with Storm eidolon is that cant have access to any save after save item to help with the MW spam. 

So I played a few games and won half of em!

The wavebois does not take a beating well. I got oneshot against multiple opponents. Khorne, Daughters of Khaine, Sylvaneth! Any hero with a rend of 2 will kill a wave before it gets a chance to heal up sadly.  Even a gutbuster Tyrant did 15 wounds in a single combat phase. But I shall not give up! More training is needed.

Some pictures of the armies progress;

44 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

Love the idea. I really think cloud of midnight on a storm is great to mess with one shot units. Especially as they can retreat out afterwards then charge again. Plus can stop a whole gun line shooting for a turn if it’s tip of the spear. 

for sure! Ive been running with the -1 to hit +1 to move as it gives me a constant bonus througout the match :) not sure which one is better though

• 2 weeks later...

These are results from my Allied Celestial Prime List

List is;

2x Aspect of the Storm (One of em having +1 to move and -1 to hit artifact from the malign sorcery)

1x Aspect of the Sea - General (Enclave to give the prime the +1 cover save round1, run & charge round2, etc..)

Allied; Celestial Prime

3x Thralls Battleline

7 Games and 2 losses! I played against Sylvaneth, Legions of Nagash, Beastclaw Raiders, Eel list Deepkin, Nurgle & Ogre army.

I lost to the eel list deepkin & against the beastclaw raiders once.   All in all, it works suprisingly well . They take a beating and heal upp very well, at the same time as the Prime are wearing them down with mortal wound shooting til turn 3. In turn 3 I try to be in combat with everything and fight first with em to win.

4 hours ago, Thankee said:

These are results from my Allied Celestial Prime List

Hide contents

List is;

2x Aspect of the Storm (One of em having +1 to move and -1 to hit artifact from the malign sorcery)

1x Aspect of the Sea - General (Enclave to give the prime the +1 cover save round1, run & charge round2, etc..)

Allied; Celestial Prime

3x Thralls Battleline

7 Games and 2 losses! I played against Sylvaneth, Legions of Nagash, Beastclaw Raiders, Eel list Deepkin, Nurgle & Ogre army.

I lost to the eel list deepkin & against the beastclaw raiders once.   All in all, it works suprisingly well . They take a beating and heal upp very well, at the same time as the Prime are wearing them down with mortal wound shooting til turn 3. In turn 3 I try to be in combat with everything and fight first with em to win.

Congrats man, I’m probably going to try a double list with Royal Council. 

BCR especially with multiple TT will be very hard to best.  

12 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Congrats!

Which list did you use? The one posted in the first post or the one with an allied Prime in it?

The prime one! Worked very well overall if played carefully and not overreaching.

• 2 months later...

Archived