Bloodcoast Mercenaries - New Mercenary Warscrolls for Age of Sigmar

Melcavuk

As I work away on my Suneater Tribes I have hit what I like to consider a reasonable capacity for warscrolls within a battletome (15, an arbitrary number but I like it so its there), I do however see alot of potential for nice unique characters within various grand alliances that can form character pieces within existing armies. Taking a cue from the Malign Portents heralds these named characters can add something that existing forces currently lack without corrupting allegiances or forcing your to change your playstyle outside of the narrative of your force. For the destruction grand alliance I have dubbed their mercenary characters under the heading Bloodcoast Mercenaries and run under the following caveat:

MERCENARY:
These rogues, champions and underdogs owe fielty to no faction, instead travelling the realms to carve out a bloody swathe that their names might be remembered as legend in the years to come. They fight not for a flag but for coin and reknown, having owed fielty to many a master for a brief amount of time before resuming their travels. 

Any faction with the DESTRUCTION keyword may choose to add a single Mercenary character to their army following the normal rules for allies, all DESTRUCTION factions are considered to be allies with the BLOOD COAST MERCENARIES for the purposes of adding a character. 
MERCENARY character may never be given a command trait or relic, and are considered unique characters.
If at any point in the battle your only models remaining are MERCENARY units they are immediately counted as destroyed, without anyone to pay them these rogues do not stay around for long.

For the first two character concepts I have an Ogor Paymaster from the bloodcoast, collecting tithes, bribes and bounties on his travels across the realm this gold crazed Ogor will collect for anyone providing the coin is right. In his long travelled life he has learnt the art of greasing the right palm with coin to find safe passage wherever he travels. 

agor-cutpurse-__002d-paymaster-of-the-blood-coast.jpg.868ce746a051a20a04b55f06f9704701.jpg

And Grunsnout, a gigantic humanoid boar shaman of Gorkamorka, possibly the first or last of his kind there are few to know which and he isnt prone to talking all that much, their is an madness in his intensity and an intensity in his madness, some say he hears the voices of both heads of Gorkamorka constantly bickering unable to shut them out. Instead he travels the realm trying to enforce their will as best he can that he might for a moment find peace within his own skull.

grundsnout-__002d-cursed-shaman-of-the-tribes.jpg.047d9b3ffdd7275cf05eb82ad4e7b227.jpg

Up next comes the killer of Sourcreek, a long lived diminuative grot who has mastered the art of murder for hire. This assassin has become a staple of the Bloodcoast crews, transversing the realms to butcher those who have enemies wealthy enough to fund the assassins lifestyle.

snart-sourblade-__002d-sourcreek-killer.jpg

Archived