AoS 2.0 Desctruction Changes

Imperial

1 hour ago, Thostos said:

Well..it looks like the only hope for this new GH cycle is the release of a combined Grot/Greenskin tome along the lines of what they did with LoN in Death.Short of that Destro is bottom tier again.

Add a combined Ogor Battletome also to the list. Maybe something like this will await us in the near future? 

If GW releases a combined battletome like this I will take every complaint back that I made towards GWs design of Destruction. After that I would praise them. But on the other hand I am also a bit tired of people always telling me and others to wait what GW has planned for Destruction in the future or wait for the "full changes". 

I see this argument popping up every time when someone talks about Destruction being weak. The thing is that I am waiting for something like this since the first Generals Handbook and I don't want to always be silenced, because I don't want to wait so long before I get real changes for my army.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Add a combined Ogor Battletome also to the list. Maybe something like this will await us in the near future? 

If GW releases a combined battletome like this I will take every complaint back that I made towards GWs design of Destruction. After that I would praise them. But on the other hand I am also a bit tired of people always telling me and others to wait what GW has planned for Destruction in the future or wait for the "full changes". 

I see this argument popping up every time when someone talks about Destruction being weak. The thing is that I am waiting for something like this since the first Generals Handbook and I don't want to always be silenced, because I don't want to wait so long before I get real changes for my army.

Well thats just what GW does.

I was a big fan of Bretonnia. I was not a fan of being THE ONLY 6TH EDITION book still in use at the end of 8th edition. But Gw was like "yea...we kind of want to kill that faction off and...oh look end times!"

I think of the biggest issues with GW update schedule is that they only do book based updates. Makes sense in a way, especially for 40k where they still jealously guard their rules, but I think they should take a leaf out of their "competitor" Privateer Press who does do incremental updates with their CID where they update each faction in a small portion focusing on a subfaction with rules that do go through direct input from their community (granted I think there is a danger of "vocal minority", I never actually looked into the CID thing other than seeing the models and changes).

maybe they release Stoneklaw Gutstompas battle tome and they just have everything  in one umbrella would be nice, one can dream.

3 hours ago, Infeston said:

I always get the death player saying "well now you know how death felt 2 years age response" :(

granted if people do have a problem with destruction performance after the GHB release, I suggest you can go to the AoS facebook page and make your concerns known and if enough people spam their pages they probably listen.

so far nothing too relevant for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz. BCR i guess massive point will help.  I think Ironjawz become naturally better cause weirnob +2 to cast dispel will have a bigger impact in new edition.

BUT, seeing summoning rule for Seraphon, and free summon from Alariel, i can now confirm my fear: They screwed with the summon. 2018 is the year of summoning! So destruction will still be low T1 at best...

Still holding out hope for a Gutbusters and/or grots battletome later this year what with the lack of Allegiance abilities for those factions. I've heard theories that because of Malign Portents and getting some Aelf releases out these times may have been delayed. 

On the meantime, what info do we have on realm specific artifacts and spells? Havnt seen any leaks hanging around and would be interesting to see what Ghur has to offer

Well at least they brought the Moonclan warbosses down in cost from the absurd values they were before.  They still seem overly expensive to me for what you get, but any discount is better than nothing.

But unfortunately it does seem that we will need to wait for battletomes, either new or revised, before there are any real changes for Destruction.  If the rumors of new Ironjawz models in the somewhat near future are true then I expect it will accompany a battletome rewrite.

I am a bit baffled by any of the battalions going up in cost though.

12 hours ago, Sheriff said:

warboss ability can stack and doubles damage each time. That's good for 100pts. Damage 16 spears ain't bad. 

I have this vision of a boy with a spear, max range, holding the spear by the very butt with just two fingers, not looking at the enemy AND BOOM fulminator explodes as if hit by an RPG.

3 hours ago, blueshirtman said:

I have this vision of a boy with a spear, max range, holding the spear by the very butt with just two fingers, not looking at the enemy AND BOOM fulminator explodes as if hit by an RPG.

Thats honestly disgusting...one failed save and a Maw Krusha gets killed by a single gobo with a spear....

On 6/15/2018 at 7:32 AM, Infeston said:

Has the Great Sky Waaagh mentioned in the KO book been confirmed to be just grots? I haven't read the current lore for the ogors and gnoblars, but a lot of ogors already look like pirates, what with the cannons and scimitars and whatnot. It might be pretty low-hanging fruit for them to reimagine the ogors and gnoblars as a sky pirate faction and use a lot of the existing range (plus some new models and ships, of course).

2 hours ago, gedrekt said:

Has the Great Sky Waaagh mentioned in the KO book been confirmed to be just grots? I haven't read the current lore for the ogors and gnoblars, but a lot of ogors already look like pirates, what with the cannons and scimitars and whatnot. It might be pretty low-hanging fruit for them to reimagine the ogors and gnoblars as a sky pirate faction and use a lot of the existing range (plus some new models and ships, of course).

In the fluff they are mention as Grotbag Scuttlers so I assume they are made up of mostly Grots. they probably based them on the Goblin doom diver.

I also heard of the Sky-bashas floating around which I presume is the Orruk variation

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I also heard of the Sky-bashas floating around which I presume is the Orruk variation

The Ironjawz book mentions a warband that uses floating barges to fight the Kharadron Overlords.  But it sounded like they were normal Ironjawz with some ramshackle barges rather than something wholly different.

2 hours ago, novakai said:

In the fluff they are mention as Grotbag Scuttlers so I assume they are made up of mostly Grots. they probably based them on the Goblin doom diver.

Ah, so probably not ogors then.

5 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Anyone know if Forgeworld stuff will see points changes?

I don't know this for a fact but I've heard reliable rumours that there will be extensive rewrites of FW warscrolls (including points changes).  Whether this is ready for 30th June is another matter!

3 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I don't know this for a fact but I've heard reliable rumours that there will be extensive rewrites of FW warscrolls (including points changes).  Whether this is ready for 30th June is another matter!

My guess is that it will be.  I expect a fairly large errata will drop on release day.  I would expect forgeworld to drop at the same time.

Yeah I think the same thing happened last year, albeit on a much smaller scale.  I still get excited thinking about those changes to Sayl!  And we had a boost to the Troggoth Hag offset by a nerf to the Rogue Idol.  From memory that came the same day as GH17?

Hopefully they've got all their ducks lined up for 30th June this time around too.  Destro is pretty heavily represented amongst the FW warscrolls, so it could have quite a big impact.  

On 6/17/2018 at 6:33 PM, PlasticCraic said:

RIP Bloodtoofs

Bloodtoofs are fine.

For one, your only using one Realmgate anyway so its not like you can actually use it. And two, you get to slap it down before either side starts to put down any units...you can put it anywhere.

Archived