New Soulblight Faction Inbound

Nullius

Look closely at the piece of art revealed today and you’ll see some kind of Nagashizzar palace guard who are pale, “alive”, in red, and having the same type of armor at the back and collar that Konrad Von Carstien has. This looks like a sneaky peek at a unit from the Soulblight faction! Thoughts?

E2DFC16A-1E28-40EF-8F37-D1FACA6EDA7E.jpeg

6B9233B8-06C1-435E-AA49-3496CA898690.jpeg

B4E90BEC-48DB-4B28-9B5E-9DA2253D1C13.jpeg

3B45861F-E387-4C13-9BB4-CA744978DEE9.jpeg

Yeah, I really wouldn't look too deep into it at this point. Age of Sigmar's designs are constantly in flux. We've seen Free Guild'ers in artwork that is basically the Empire from WHFB to newer stuff that looks nothing like that shortly thereafter. Things change and the artist probably just went with an interpretation they thought looked cool.

That being said, I could be entirely wrong and we see these chaps within the year.

Great art too.

3 hours ago, Sception said:

Given Soulblight allegiance was in LoN, I wouldn't expect a separate book for them any time soon, and without that new models are also unlikely.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but still.

They have hinted that there is more than one death release coming this year. And those are the first guys we’ve seen in the art that we’ve never seen before, and their uniforms and weapons don’t look like any existing model or faction. 

3 hours ago, CaptainNippon said:

Vampires make up a considerable part of LoN, so it only makes sense to depict them in this context. 

I don't think it is meant to be a teaser for an incoming release but rather the status quo in Nagash's court. 

They stopped for the most part having things featured centrally in the art for which there are no models. And these guys armor is evokative of old Vampire Counts, but in a whole new and yet fully realized style. Also what vampire in previous art has ever been dressed like some kind of legionairy and carrying a spear? No vampire I recall in the history of warhammer has carried a spear.I would put money on seeing models like these as the second big Death release this year.  Haha or maybe it’s just wishful thinking.  That said, I think people would love a Soulblight faction. Just hyper-elite undead, sort of like The various “Chosen” in chaos. (Blight King’s, Blight Lords, skull Reapers, etc). 

23 minutes ago, Nullius said:

They have hinted that there is more than one death release coming this year. And those are the first guys we’ve seen in the art that we’ve never seen before, and their uniforms and weapons don’t look like any existing model or faction. 

I'm not saying we won't get more death models this year, we very well may, just that soulblight in particular seems unlikely, due to the allegiance being printed in legions of nagash.

10 minutes ago, Arael_Greywings said:

Classic Dwarves for example really need something

Pants... they need pants...

and maybe some puny little humies would be nice, where is the John Doe Faction for all those people supposed to be living in the realms?!

Honestly, I can see another Death Battletome by the end of the year. Will it be Soulblight? Unclear. That said, the vampires in the artwork look closer to Mannfred than any existing Soulblight model, and there's some giant bat/gargoyle monster in the background which is definitely not a ZD or T-Gheist. Maybe it teases something. I think GW have been setting up many potential storylines and factions recently, so a vampiric army, perhaps composed of the aristocracy of Shyish who are called into war against the Blood God(pure speculation) might happen. At this point, we should accept that we know little about what the rest of 2018 holds. We've seen Nurgle get a major expansion, a Death Battletome, a tiny subfaction retooled and given multiple kits, a completely new army, and massive updates to two other armies. For all we know, we could see two new armies this year, or five. 

7 hours ago, Nullius said:

Look closely at the piece of art revealed today and you’ll see some kind of Nagashizzar palace guard who are pale, “alive”, in red, and having the same type of armor at the back and collar that Konrad Von Carstien has. This looks like a sneaky peek at a unit from the Soulblight faction! Thoughts?

E2DFC16A-1E28-40EF-8F37-D1FACA6EDA7E.jpeg

6B9233B8-06C1-435E-AA49-3496CA898690.jpeg

B4E90BEC-48DB-4B28-9B5E-9DA2253D1C13.jpeg

The first two pics could be somekind of blood knight foot troopers but the third one are vargheist in my opinion 

Download (2).jpeg

1 hour ago, Arael_Greywings said:

As much as I would love a Soulblight Battle Tome, I really think Death had a great year so far and GW should give some love now to some other factions who are lacking... Classic Dwarves for example really need something^^

Yeah, and I'm stunned that Skaven has seen so little love!

There was a rumour a few weeks back that there was going to be a few off the cuff Vampire releases, notably a Vampire (lady) with a few different weapon options and a box of Blood Knights.  I could actually see something dropping without a supporting book (or more accurately supporting the book that's already out) and a number of the finecast vampires are now flagging as Sold out Online (not that you should ever read too much into that).

I'm itching to start a vampire army, but I keep telling myself to wait until plastic blood knights come, or at least until they do away with those super ugly bat swarm/ fell bats models. At this rate I might never even start ?

Yeah pretty much. Most allegiances in the book heavily favour running skellies over any other battlelines. It would have been cool to have something like Grand Host using skellies, Sacrament having bonuses to Deadwalkers, Blood having maybe Blood Knights and replacing Soulblight and Night having doggies as the better battleline.

I think one big issue with soul blight is the existence of Legion of Blood so its like 2 allegiances that kind of have the same exact theme of Blood Knights.

Sure SB makes BK battleline, but LoB also has BK buffs. Wouldn't be surprising if they melded the 2 more closely, even having BK battlelines for LoB.

Don’t think the recent books will change much, they were written with v2 in mind...

so soulblight will stay the unloved sibling of the legions of blood... but with command points rerolling charges, unloved might not be true anymore 

2 hours ago, Honk said:

Don’t think the recent books will change much, they were written with v2 in mind...

so soulblight will stay the unloved sibling of the legions of blood... but with command points rerolling charges, unloved might not be true anymore 

I think that, given how central Vampires are to the whole Death narrative, and given that -aside from Manfred, Neferata, and the VLOZD, there are no actual plastic kits for vampires. But they get a lot of love in the LON book (most other factions not only exclude resin kits from a central position, but drop them altogether. LON hasn’t fell bats, bat swarms, Vampire lords, AND blood nights warscrolls)  Add to that the mention in white dwarf some time back of Vampire Neophytes in caps, and these spartan looking palace-guard bros, and the amount of attention given to Blood knights in the novels and in the Legion of Blood allegiance despite them being an antique and very expensive kit...and I think it’s likely Soulblight, with some adjusted Legion of Blood rules, is pretty likely. Also GW must realize vampires are popular. I think the Soulblight allegiance in the mean time is just to keep the pilot light on.

5 hours ago, Bademeister said:

Legion of Nagash is that Battletome you've waited for. IMO it is nearly a Deathrattle Battletome

I want M O R E

Also with Wights being a bit trash, the Axe Wight being useless and Black Knights being merely decent, it really isn't enough. 

In the Section "Factions of the Mortal Realms" we have this list for Death:

- The Deathlords

- Nighthaunt

- Flesh Eater Courts

- The Soulblight Curse

- The Necromantic Host

Make of that what you will.

For the other Grand Alliances all the non-battletome factions have been condensed into a single headline ("The Free Peoples" and "The Savage Tribes")

Archived