Rotbringer 'Get Started' Box

GlanceOnASix

Hey guys, curious to get into the nurgle side of the game, and I know there currently is no 'Getting started' for the nurgle mortals, but was hoping some experienced generals could give me a point of what sorta thing I should get to be a rough equivalent to what others do.  Got a 'getting started' leage gonna start up with aos2.0 and will toss the hypothetical 'box set' to the group.

Ive been fascinated with the lore for the Order of the Fly, the sorta 'corrupted bretonnian knights' that I read in the AOS stories, so was looking to keep my forces mostly 'mortal' at least to start.

Thanks for the help.

Well, can’t go wrong with any of the hero choices, with the Lord of Afflitction maybe being a bit much to start.  Outside of that maybe a unit of blightkings, some marauders for the peasantness and various drones/plague claws to fill out that Bret feel.

The Slaves to Darkness box can be Marked “Nurgle” and happens to have the Mortal keyword and with the addition of a Blightkings unit and a “cheap as chips” Lord of Plagues you would have loads of conversions opportunities. (The Blightkings sprue has a boatload Of extra bits once you’re done with the initial build of 5.)

And you have a small group of Mounted Chaos Knights as well. Very in theme.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had to fashion a "getting started" Rotbringers, I would include a unit of Blightkings, a Plague lord, and a Sorcerer.

From there, I would add an additional 2 boxes of Blightkings, Harbinger, and Gutrot Spume. 

And that's pretty much a Plague Cyst.

If you think you may want a Lord of afflictions at some point, I think a Lord of Blights is a better starting hero than a Lord of Plagues.   LoA has the LoP reroll ability but for all your rotbringers not just BKs.  Although if you pick up a LoP, they are so cheap you won't be mad to have it collect dust.  It can also count as a BK if you wind up with an odd number somehow.

BKs being expensive elite infantry can sometimes be hard  to make a full army out of.  Chaos warriors and Chaos Marauders make good mortal infantry for Nurgle.  You can also get some Chaos Knights if you want some fast moving units and find the Blightlords cost prohibitive.   

Archived