New edition, new army?

Mayple

Just out of curiosity, but I wanted to ask all you lovely chaos-degenerated fanatics what your plans are for the new edition :) Do you intend to play around with your current army, checking out all the new toys, or will you be taking this opportunity to branch out and explore new fields?

Personally I'm looking at Moulder and Pestilens (Skaven forever) with revitalized interest. Particularly Moulder. Verminus is my baby, but on the chance we're not receiving anything new, I want to keep things fresh ;) Pestilens for Allegiance shenanigans, Moulder for.. conversions fun-fun!

Also looking forward to building more Skaven heroes aligned towards specific artifacts!

So! What's your plans? Gonna play/something new? What was your old army? Got any crazy ideas, realm-specific or otherwise?

Share! Share! :D

When I read your topic title I thought for a moment you would abandon Skavens, and considered sending some death runners at you in revenge.

I am pleased to learn that your cunning plans still involve rats.

As for me, I won't plan anything until I see the rules and point costs. But I think I'm going to consider including in my Skaven armies models I ignored before like Thanquol and Boneripper (too expensive before) or Verminlords (their command abilities were not as good as others'). I may also resume my Verminus army (first love) despite my successful beginnings in Skryre.

Fun times ahead for sure!

55 minutes ago, Num said:

When I read your topic title I thought for a moment you would abandon Skavens, and considered sending some death runners at you in revenge.

Never fear! I would never abandon Skaven! :D At worst, I might dip into Slaanesh if I dig.. whatever new models they get down the road; but Skaven will always be (proverbially) on top! Too much material for me to work with strategically (and the conversion possibilities!) to ever consider turning away from the Great Horned Rat!

With the changes we've seen, I'm actually really excited to use mixed chaos with some realm specific items/spells. Top prospects are Be'lakor on a balewind (if it actually changes to 8 or less wounds rather than limiting monsters) throwing out some endless spells and a detachment of a chaos lord of slaanesh on a daemonic mount and 5-10 chaos knights for the double pile in on the charge. Also if Varanguard get a little price decrease I think they'll be a strong addition to any mixed chaos with the 4+ against spells which will probably be incredibly common.

I very recently picked up some slaves to darkness. The SC and some more warriors, so I'm looking at doing some Slaanesh aligned fellas with a shadow realm feel inspired by the newest God of war game. I've not figured out any specifics yet but should be fun!

I have at the moment three big armies that are still expanding and another two armies in the startingphase. So  I won't start a new one.

This been said... I think big and the nighthaunts are not really a new army, if I have already some Death Miniatures... right? Right?

I’ve never played GHB 2, so i hope GHB 3 will reel me in back to AoS. I have planned a slaanesh army for GHB 2. But i never finish that one and now Warherds seems a good army. But looking at the reduced point for Varanguard, everchosen looks awesome!!

still torned myself, looking forward to the new book

Well technically I already have a stormcast army so the Sacrosanct chamber wont be a new one... which means the only  army I will actually be starting is Nighthaunts... need me one of those new black coaches. 

I'm really on the fence about starting a Beastmen Army for 2.0 while waiting for Daughters of Khaine to have a real Start Collecting Kit.
Do you reckon I should start a topic for Bestmen in 2.0 ? I was able to find a couple of discussions, but nothing astounding so far :)

16 hours ago, Saiken said:

I'm really on the fence about starting a Beastmen Army for 2.0 while waiting for Daughters of Khaine to have a real Start Collecting Kit.
Do you reckon I should start a topic for Bestmen in 2.0 ? I was able to find a couple of discussions, but nothing astounding so far :)

Go for it :) Beastmen are always fun, and I think they got stronger this edition. Maybe.

Archived