Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chrisdanish said:

If anyone has any advice on doing that it would be greatly appreciated. Buggers keep coming back!

Decimators? I have't used them, but in theory they should grind the skeletons to fine powder every time.

5 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

There's actually two primes in the starter set and one in the bolster unit so you would end up with 11 models, three Primes and three Grmaces (excluding the Prime). So you can just drop one of the Primes and make two units of 5 but split that way you can only take two non-Primes with Greatmaces, and you would have three. Really hope they're moving to cost per model because otherwise this doesn't seem thought through.

I had thought the inclusion of special weapons meant they had digested and corrected one of the main issues from the AoS starter set, looks like that may not be the case. Still there's lots we don't know so maybe it'll make more sense later on.

Yes and yes, still an awesome ability though!

Why would you use units if 5? You get a big mace for every 3 and the prime get one in addition to that. 10 man seems like a more efficient use of the unit.

15 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

One thing I'm wondering is the ratio of males to females in the new multi part kits. I'm guessing it'll be more like Necromunda kits where they specifically say that particular parts belong on particular bodies?

It seems like all of the more recent multi-part kits don't actually have much freedom in how you put them together. 

The Namarti Thralls kit, for example, is mostly just assembling to instructions. A few models have a choice of two weapons, and you can put whatever heads on you want, but other than that, it's pre-set. 

I'd suspect the new Stormcast kits to be the same - probably a few weapon options, but poses etc decided for you. Obviously advantages and disadvantages to that, but one of the benefits is you can more easily have male and female models in the same unit (though for some reason the ratio still isn't 50/50)

I suspect that the Easy to Build Sequitors are actually a Shadespire warband that they are releasing as an easy to build kit as well. The glass case pictures I've seen like to ones above seem to have them in groups of 5. Additionally, the article mentions tempest swords, which aren't in the starter box, so I expect another warscroll for them with some other weapon options.  

30 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I'd suspect the new Stormcast kits to be the same - probably a few weapon options, but poses etc decided for you. Obviously advantages and disadvantages to that, but one of the benefits is you can more easily have male and female models in the same unit (though for some reason the ratio still isn't 50/50)

Well at least SCE have female models. Meanwhile there hasn't been any for Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard outside of a few old metal models, one of which was the overly silly female commissar. Have to rely on 3rd parties for this stuff!

41 minutes ago, Draviticus said:

I suspect that the Easy to Build Sequitors are actually a Shadespire warband that they are releasing as an easy to build kit as well. The glass case pictures I've seen like to ones above seem to have them in groups of 5. Additionally, the article mentions tempest swords, which aren't in the starter box, so I expect another warscroll for them with some other weapon options.  

Yeah I wondered this for all those Easy-to-Build kits, particularly because of those super detailed scenic bases they come with. Would be a clever idea to have them serve a dual purpose out of the gate. 

16 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Well at least SCE have female models. Meanwhile there hasn't been any for Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard outside of a few old metal models, one of which was the overly silly female commissar. Have to rely on 3rd parties for this stuff!

I think it's safe to say GW's been pretty iffy on female representation for almost its entire history, so it is good to see some effort now being made on that. The female Stormcast on the rulebook is an encouraging sign, I think. But, yeah, I feel like once you've decided to design the kit to include male and female models, you might as well go the whole way and go 50/50 - I was disappointed to find the Namarti, for example, were 70/30 instead. Oh well, baby steps :P 

13 hours ago, Draviticus said:

Was thinking the same thing myself.

Since Mystic Shield has been changed to Re-roll failed save rolls of one, I'm pondering what (if anything) may become of the Lord-Castellant's Warding Lantern ability. Given that it's practically a free +1 Armour Save with the chance to heal the unit, could it turn into a command ability, or perhaps get tweaked so you cannot stack the ability more than once? I can't think of other heroes in the game off the top of my head that offer a similar ability 

24 minutes ago, Gorks Pokin' Finger said:

Since Mystic Shield has been changed to Re-roll failed save rolls of one, I'm pondering what (if anything) may become of the Lord-Castellant's Warding Lantern ability. Given that it's practically a free +1 Armour Save with the chance to heal the unit, could it turn into a command ability, or perhaps get tweaked so you cannot stack the ability more than once? I can't think of other heroes in the game off the top of my head that offer a similar ability 

That's basically all a Castellant can do, use his lantern. Nerf it, and prepare to see him gone from the tables. In fact, the change to Mystic Shield make both buffs stack in a more natural way.

In addition, if the lantern no longer gives +1 save it couldn't heal models on 7+, thus they would also have to scrap this mechanism.

I hope you are wrong and they don't touch him

18 hours ago, Galdar777 said:

Why would you use units if 5? You get a big mace for every 3 and the prime get one in addition to that. 10 man seems like a more efficient use of the unit.

Oh I doubt you would, I just mean in the context of the models you would have. Starter set has 2 Primes in 8 models, expansion has 1 in 3.

6 hours ago, Gorks Pokin' Finger said:

Hopefully it stays, as it-s pretty much the only form of satisfying list synergy we have. 

2 hours ago, kuroyume said:

Hopefully it stays, as it-s pretty much the only form of satisfying list synergy we have. 

I doubt it will change as it's actually a pretty unique ability now.  I could see him being bumped up to 120 points, but even that I find unlikely since people aren't using his low points to take multiples.  Stormcast's one unique feature is their armor, why would they take it away?  

16 hours ago, DanielFM said:

That's basically all a Castellant can do, use his lantern. Nerf it, and prepare to see him gone from the tables. In fact, the change to Mystic Shield make both buffs stack in a more natural way.

In addition, if the lantern no longer gives +1 save it couldn't heal models on 7+, thus they would also have to scrap this mechanism.

I hope you are wrong and they don't touch him

It's much more likely they scrap native reroll 1s and Staunch defender.

5 hours ago, Bellfree said:

It's much more likely they scrap native reroll 1s and Staunch defender.

I don't see why - if an ability like Staunch were a large balance concern they wouldn't have given the Leviadon a bigger one that covers 4x the area. As for native rr1s, that would impact a lot of warscrolls... not sure why they would do that when it's probably the easiest way to mechanically have a shield. 

1 hour ago, Freejack02 said:

I don't see why - if an ability like Staunch were a large balance concern they wouldn't have given the Leviadon a bigger one that covers 4x the area. As for native rr1s, that would impact a lot of warscrolls... not sure why they would do that when it's probably the easiest way to mechanically have a shield. 

Plus, Sequitors have native reroll 1s confirmed in their warscroll.

5 hours ago, Namelessone81 said:

Hi all ! 

I will play against Nurgle tommorow 2k battle and I have a dilemma... 

10 Retributors (2 starmaces) 

or 

4 Fulminators ? 

My army is a mix of vanguard units and normal ones :) 

4 Fulminators - it's not even close in my experience. 

Edit: To be clear, Dracoth > Paladins is my opinion except in a couple deep-strike battalions. 

Archived