Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

28 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Evocators can only buff Sacrosanct or Redeemer units, which is only new stuff or Liberators. Sadly not for Hurricanes.

You are right, I got carried away by enthusiasm. I guess other interesting combos will arise. 

What will Redeemer be, though?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have seen sword Sequitors and 2h staff/polearm Evocators in groups of 5.

I am not going to be buying a 2nd Soul Wars box, since there will certainly be more options in the regular box releases coming this summer. Also, proper unit sizes. Unless we are getting points per model in the generals handbook then the units of 8 Sequitors and 3 Evocators are really going to annoy me.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Ballista will be a dual-kit as well...

4 hours ago, Requizen said:

Sequitors are the business. 1 in 3 get the weapon upgrade (Liberators are 1 in 5 for comparison) and the champion gets one for free. For a Battleline unit, that's a lot of punchy and can still take hits on the 4+ RR1s shields.

This is also how I read it, but it's still worded a bit awkwardly. Is it just clarifying that the Greatmace is an option on the champion, and not specifically saying that it doesn't count towards the 1 in 3?

Either way, very excited for the Ballista - I didn't expect it to have a 2+ save in cover! Lord Ordinator with Hurricanum could actually make several of these incredibly powerful!

13 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

This is also how I read it, but it's still worded a bit awkwardly. Is it just clarifying that the Greatmace is an option on the champion, and not specifically saying that it doesn't count towards the 1 in 3?

Expect a FAQ for this I think. 

Here you go guys. Everything is fine. Box is legal, 2 maces per 3 man, prime can get mace free always. If screen is to small, the second guy with better shoulderpad is just prime best friend. Nothing to worry about.

box.jpg

12 minutes ago, Cinncinnatus said:

Does anyone else think it's possible that the sequitors will come in boxes with 4 models instead of 5?

This is possible, the photos that we've seen shows only units of 4. I'm a lot more worried about evocators.

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

look at steelhearts champions, unit of 3

To be fair the Shade Spire units have all sorts of wacky unit sizes.

The undead one is 7. And theres the khonre one that requires fielding a unit of 3 khorne warriors and a separate unit of a single flesh hound!

Just now, Josh said:

my point is that odd numbers exist 

The you should take a look at this photo, there are clearly 5 "evocators" in a squad (they must be the regular kit, not the easy to build one).

But you may be right, sequitors should be 4 in a unit as we can see in the second photo (just ignore the lady in the middle, she's something else).

OzmW2h87ilo.jpg

ky3TSpMGaSA.jpg

3 hours ago, Bradipo322 said:

The you should take a look at this photo, there are clearly 5 "evocators" in a squad (they must be the regular kit, not the easy to build one).

But you may be right, sequitors should be 4 in a unit as we can see in the second photo (just ignore the lady in the middle, she's something else).

OzmW2h87ilo.jpg

ky3TSpMGaSA.jpg

According to the Warhammer Fest Live Blog post on the Community site that lady is a Sequitor Prime.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/11/warhammer-fest-live-blog-2gw-homepage-post-1/

Saturday, 4:40pm Sacrosanct Chamber info shows the upscaled version of the same model.

3 hours ago, Wolfman said:

According to the Warhammer Fest Live Blog post on the Community site that lady is a Sequitor Prime.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/11/warhammer-fest-live-blog-2gw-homepage-post-1/

Saturday, 4:40pm Sacrosanct Chamber info shows the upscaled version of the same model.

Wow, it seems crazy that that model that cool and detailed is just a unit champion. I'd been assuming she was a named hero or something. Huh. Presumably that means that ghost lantern thing is a weapon option, too - wonder what it does? 

Regarding the Sequitor unit size, it does all seem a bit weird, especially as they revealed that easy-to-build set of three you can buy to bolster the unit from the starter set. That leaves you with 11 models, which isn't useful if it's units of 4 *or* 5, so what's that about? 

Now I'm truly worried, between the new starter set, malign sorcery and the new battletome I'm goint to spend a lot of money and I'm going to be a lot angry if the starter set is filled with half-units.

I hope that I'm wrong, that maybe they're going to change the point sistem to something like "pay-per-model".

3 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

It seems strange to have the ballista function as a single model yet be 3 different models - why not just put them all on one base? Is there a precedent for multiple models sharing a single wound total?

More freedom in movement control I guess? You can choose how to position the crew, and the ballista can fit through smaller gaps than if a single larger base. 

Can't think of any other examples. But crew sniping wasn't exactly ultrafun. 

44 minutes ago, silentdeathz said:

More freedom in movement control I guess? You can choose how to position the crew, and the ballista can fit through smaller gaps than if a single larger base. 

Can't think of any other examples. But crew sniping wasn't exactly ultrafun. 

Yeah I'm guessing keeping the base size small is probably the reason, especially given the unit has a bonus for deploying in cover, where space may be at a premium. Does still seem weird, though - seems like the perfect opportunity to make really dynamic-looking warmachine crew. If the machine and crew are on one base, they could model them reloading it, aiming it, whatever, like a little diorama

2 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Wow, it seems crazy that that model that cool and detailed is just a unit champion. I'd been assuming she was a named hero or something. Huh. Presumably that means that ghost lantern thing is a weapon option, too - wonder what it does? 

Regarding the Sequitor unit size, it does all seem a bit weird, especially as they revealed that easy-to-build set of three you can buy to bolster the unit from the starter set. That leaves you with 11 models, which isn't useful if it's units of 4 *or* 5, so what's that about? 

There's actually two primes in the starter set and one in the bolster unit so you would end up with 11 models, three Primes and three Grmaces (excluding the Prime). So you can just drop one of the Primes and make two units of 5 but split that way you can only take two non-Primes with Greatmaces, and you would have three. Really hope they're moving to cost per model because otherwise this doesn't seem thought through.

I had thought the inclusion of special weapons meant they had digested and corrected one of the main issues from the AoS starter set, looks like that may not be the case. Still there's lots we don't know so maybe it'll make more sense later on.

3 minutes ago, Chrisdanish said:

Did anyone else read the Celestial Lightening ability for the Evocaters wrong and get really excited? .... No. Just me then! O.o

Yes and yes, still an awesome ability though!

17 minutes ago, Chrisdanish said:

Did anyone else read the Celestial Lightening ability for the Evocaters wrong and get really excited? .... No. Just me then! O.o

Luckily, at first glance, it looked so crazy I quickly realized that it's definitely me, who made a wrong assumption and not GW.  It is still strong though.

13 minutes ago, Chrisdanish said:

I have visions of tearing hoards of skeletons to shreds! :x

p.s. If anyone has any advice on doing that it would be greatly appreciated. Buggers keep coming back!

Try melting them...with heat gun.

Archived