Blightwar and where to expend

Splax

Hi all

I just bought the blightwar box set , i play Maggotkin and my son will play de stromcast half. I nned some help to know where to expend the army he as . Is it better to buy liberator for battle line unite or buy Lord- Aquilor to bring the Vanguard-Hunter to battleline and keep the hunter tematic of the army.

Thanks

Hay @Splax,

I think it very much depends on what your plans are. If you are looking for tip top competitive armies it's probably worth holding on till next month when the new version is out and there is some awesome new Stormcast models out.

If on the other hand you want a thematic looking army and don't want to wait a month then I would definitely grab him a Lord-Aquilor. He is an awesome looking model and definitely benefits all the Stormcast models in the Blightwars box set. Just be mindful that we don't really know what is going to happen to all units in the new rules. (I'm secretly hoping the hunters will reduce in points as they are great looking battleline and I'm painting up a heap of them myself).

If you are in no rush then I would hold on to the new releases and new version.

Either way, I hope you both enjoy your armies. The box is great value and the battleplans in the book are good fun.

Chris

@Chrisdanish  thanks for the info, i know that seconde edition is comming like you said but i want to build is army so we can play. So i need a little help whit the weapon loadout.

Vanguard hunter are they better whit sword or Axe??

Vanguard-Raptor are the better whit longstike or Hurricane crossbow??

Vanguard-Palladors are the better whit the Axe or Javelin.

Thanks in advance

Vanguard hunter are they better whit sword or Axe??
The weapons are statistically equivalent. Axes I believe fair better with possible buffs but I'd suggest which ever you think looks better.

Vanguard-Raptor are the better whit longstike or Hurricane crossbow??
Against your Maggotkin, I'd suggest Hurricane. If you are looking for a more generalized list, then Longstrikes. Longstrkes are better then Hurricane by far, but you have Mortal Wound protection, which is partly where the power of the Longstrikes comes from.

Vanguard-Palladors are the better whit the Axe or Javelin?
Javelin. The axes are arguably better in melee, but the Javelin gives the Palladors a range punch.

opps, sorry @Splax I didn't see your reply. My bad!

If your playing partners won't mind then I would build a few of each you can say one game they are rocking swords and the next axes. The only reason I say that is with a new battletombe around the corner it's really hard to commit to saying what is better now will be better in a month.

@Draviticus has given us a really good run down for the current load outs so if you don't fancy building half and half then go with those recommendations.

I really hope you enjoy building and painting them, they are ace models with a heap of detail.

Archived