Assassins and gutter runners?

Charnel-13

Hi. Does anyone know if a skaven assassin can be hidden in a unit of gutter runners that is set up in reserves? It says pick a unit for him to hide in during setup but not if that unit is setup itself. Would suck to have 1 out of 2 battleline choices unable to support assassins!

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Charnel-13 said:

Hi. Does anyone know if a skaven assassin can be hidden in a unit of gutter runners that is set up in reserves? It says pick a unit for him to hide in during setup but not if that unit is setup itself. Would suck to have 1 out of 2 battleline choices unable to support assassins!

Thanks!

Yes you can .

and if your a guy with humor try putting your Assassin into a Assassin which is hidden in another assassin, which Is finally hidden in a warlord, or master warlock engineer.?

Nesting doll style, I like it!

Well this is great news then thanks man! Do you think it's worth making my deathrunner my general and getting double "cunning deciever" trait? It would be cool to go first and charge with gutter runners from out of nowhere then assassins jump out as well! with my opponent getting -2 to hit. Or have they stopped this?

5 minutes ago, Charnel-13 said:

Well this is great news then thanks man! Do you think it's worth making my deathrunner my general and getting double "cunning deciever" trait? It would be cool to go first and charge with gutter runners from out of nowhere then assassins jump out as well! with my opponent getting -2 to hit. Or have they stopped this?

Yeah, I used the same guy with the cunning deceiver trait, against a friend of mine who was playing Beastclaw raiders.

he had some very big problems hitting anything in his first round.

it was so hilarious, when his stone horn, just barely killed a clanrat.

and that was the only unit in his army which at least got a hit?

and a kill

It seems so underhanded which fits my Eshin clan perfectly!

Think it's better then just making my deceiver the general for his command ability? It doesn't improve wound rolls for ranged weapons unfortunately which would help the 5+ gutter runners...

I'm thinking of bringing a plague priest with censor for his prayer and ability to fix that anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Charnel-13 said:

But if you really want something cunningly deceiving, use the deathrunner as a general with the lord of war trait, and take a big unit of jezzails into your army.

now you got a unit of jezzails which will put out 2mortal wounds each at a to hit of 4 or more which now also hit on 2’s rerolling ones?.

with this combo, you will easily rip out any  kind of lords, even  the Everchosen will struggle (and die-Die)

underground, overground, skaven are we

I wanted them purely for the assassinate theme but not only are they waaay to expense (dollar wise), they are metal and a little ugly. If I can think of a kit bash I'll do it! 

I have some hurricane crossbows I wanted to try make two plague monks (converted a bit ofcourse) hold. Just remove the lightning bolts and runes! Figure a crossbow would be more subtle then a giant rifle the size of a cannon!

On 6/3/2018 at 3:46 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

But if you really want something cunningly deceiving, use the deathrunner as a general with the lord of war trait, and take a big unit of jezzails into your army.

now you got a unit of jezzails which will put out 2mortal wounds each at a to hit of 4 or more which now also hit on 2’s rerolling ones?.

with this combo, you will easily rip out any  kind of lords, even  the Everchosen will struggle (and die-Die)

underground, overground, skaven are we

how does this work? the deathrunner has two models but is only one actual deathrunner.

Archived