Plague drone basing

Soulsmith

You are right they are way too low.  For mine, I wanted three heights.  I put one on the highest stem they come with.  I put one elevated (high stem also) on terrain on the base (about half an inch up).  For the leader I put two small stems together.   This was kinda tough.  I drilled into the bottom of one, then glued them together.  Just buying a taller stem would have been better but I was impatient.

I have also seen someone bypass the flying stems entirely and glue the legs to the base/terrain on the base.  It looks suprisingly good.  Similar to the pusgoyles.

I've used a brass rod.
To add some height, some thick basing was created. Plaster and an outcropping of a column (aquarium terrain)
Drilled out a hole for the rod and stuck the darn fly about halfway up. Painted the rod black (mostly) so it wasn't the focus. 
Way sturdier than the plastic nubs.

poor quality from its WIP stage  pics below.

fly base.jpg

unnamed.jpg

The plastic stems are sturdy if you glue them through the base via the small hole in the middle. Just need to cut a small hole first and grind them in.

The stem def isn't big enough for one of the flies though. I had to buy a bigger one off eBay.

Archived