Crazy and fun army ideas for Destruction in AoS 2 (based on changes revealed so far)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Problem is you're limited to one Endless Spell a Turn so you'd struggle to do enough spells with the limited spells you've got.

I think that each wizard can cast a different endkess spell per turn... you cannot have more than one of the same soell on the table, so if you want to go nuts (and why not? ?) and pay for all of them, they could really flood the enemy with them...

actuallyi loved the idea... ?

cheers

AJ

Quick Question

So if you have base to base contact with a weirdnob and one model of a unit of 30/40 allied in orruks,  by RAW you should be able to choose to have the unit of 30 orruks take the damage on rolling doubles because both units are 0.0" from the weirdnob? With the now massive unbinding range, the weirdnob's +2 to casting and unbinding seems pretty strong. 

I really feel like the original list posted by AgeofsigmarEU will be very strong. Especially because factoring in the points drops you could fit in either a grot shaman and chromantic cogs or switch it to an ironfist and bloodtoofs to stay single drop. With Gordrakk and those charge buffs there is very little chance you will miss any of the 8 inch charges. If you keep six units in range of each maw krusha, they'll all be sitting on 7 sword attacks and 8 d3 damage hooves attacks each. Factoring in destructive bulk and smashing and bashing and you could really cripple someone turn one. 

I'll throw my hat in this fun time. I have a list comprised of brutes. It's only brutes and also has some hero support. 

1 megaboss with hulking muscle bound brute and destroyer

2 war chanters

1 weird nob shaman with boss skewer

1 orruck war boss on a boar with the banner

15x brutes

15x brutes 

5x brutes

*all brutes have gore hackas and of course the gorechoppa as available

Ironfist

I'm currently looking at cutting something for the chronomatic cogs so I can move even fasta!! These of course will have red armor. Beware because the brutes are rolling out! 

7 hours ago, Jgroover said:

I really feel like the original list posted by AgeofsigmarEU will be very strong. Especially because factoring in the points drops you could fit in either a grot shaman and chromantic cogs or switch it to an ironfist and bloodtoofs to stay single drop. With Gordrakk and those charge buffs there is very little chance you will miss any of the 8 inch charges. If you keep six units in range of each maw krusha, they'll all be sitting on 7 sword attacks and 8 d3 damage hooves attacks each. Factoring in destructive bulk and smashing and bashing and you could really cripple someone turn one. 

If I'm reading this right, you are saying you could fit Gordrakk into a Bloodtoofs, correct?

I don't think that's true unfortunately.  I got excited when I saw reports on here that he had dropped 60 points, but I think that's a mistake.  From the pictures I've seen it's only 40.

Because the MBMK only dropped 20, and they hiked up the Ardfist by 20 (more expensive than Plaguetouched Warband and Vanguard Wing!...and people wonder why Destruction players feel screwed over sometimes), and because they didn't adjust the Ironsunz at all...all of these things came together to put a one drop army with Gordrakk on minumum 2020. 

It can't be a coincidence that all those things came together.  Personally I find that a little disapponting - all you have to do is set up a screen, or take an anti-combat army such as Plaguetouched, or take Khorne, and you've hit the buffers.  Especially with the Realmgate nerf it would be a fast but entirely pedestrian army, so pretty easy to deal with really.  It would have been cool and fun but sadly it's not to be!

6 hours ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

Nope, you can only have one type of endless spell on the table, as far as I understood...

I asked on the fb page and they said you could but would need to buy multiple boxes to have the models.

You would also need to pay the points for each instance and couldn't cast it twice in one turn.

Archived