The Painting Contract - June 2018

Alright, so for this month I can't really decide what I am going to do. I have finished a big unit so it should be time for some troops, but can't really be bothered and will not get a lot of time this month either...

Hmm, I did buy the Weird Nob Shaman box, so might content myself with assembling that. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. I've got a right massive pile to do, so gotta get on. I bought a load of models this month, including another dragon and hydra (2 of each total) a sorceress, 2 assassins (love them, rule of cool), 10 Doomfire Warlocks, a Bloodwrack Shrine, 10 Melusai and another 10 Drakespawn Knights. The Daughters of Khaine won't be built yet however. This gives me a few 1k and 2k list options and all that in between. 

Pledge:  I NEED to finish all my Drakespawn including the knights. That's 13 drakespawn (final bits) and 15 knights. 

My son has also got a 1k Stormcast list on the way with my Daughters of Khaine. That's a bit of painting for me too (he does the gold, I do spraying, edges and tidying). 

I'd love to get 1 dragon and 1 hydra done to have 1k painted, but realistically that's unlikely! 

Love this contract. Going to finish my scuttlings - their bases and the 4 wanderers showed up. 

Warden on a gryphon, 10 shadow warriors, mish mash of lothern and swordmasters, bolt  thrower. 

Reaching for reavers (5)  but I find  aelves really tough to paint and look good. This will be my aelvin portion of the Matorean Defense Battalion.  

6 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Love this contract. Going to finish my scuttlings - their bases and the 4 wanderers showed up. 

Warden on a gryphon, 10 shadow warriors, mish mash of lothern and swordmasters, bolt  thrower. 

Reaching for reavers (5)  but I find  aelves really tough to paint and look good. This will be my aelvin portion of the Matorean Defense Battalion.  

You've been doing so well!

Rolling over last month's stretch goal of painting mighty lord of Khorne for June's target. 

Somehow managed to find a couple of hours to myself today, so hid from the shiny thing in the sky and did all the base coating and shading. Coming along quite nicely and should be done within a week.

Not sure if the hounds eyes are glowy enough, might need a brighter colour in the centre?

IMG_20180603_214641.jpg

IMG_20180603_214655.jpg

First contract.  I'm going to keep it light, because I just finished 2300 points of Nurgle in 6 weeks.   Working on basing now.    I'll also be repainting an army in a different game, so I'll contract a week's worth.

I'll contract: 

30 Dire Wolves

So, I'm new to AoS and in anticipation for the new edition, I've bought the starter set with Stormcast Eternals and Blades of Khorne, so I can instantly try it out once the rules are available.

Pledge: to assemble all models from the AoS starter set:
- Lord Celestant
- Lord Relictor
- 3 Retributors
- 3 Prosecutors
- 10 Liberators

- Mighty Lord of Khorne
- Bloodsecrator
- Bloodstoker
- Khorgorath
- 5 Blood Warriors
-20 Bloodreavers

Been a while since I've visited TGA, I'm quite excited to get some Nurgley love going so for my first ever painting contract imma try:

Horticulous Slimux

3 Beasts of Nurgle

3 Nurglings bases. 

Should be enough to get my painting kickstarted again.

For my first pledge on the forum, i will continue to redo my dark elves  : 
- bringing my bleakswords to 10 elfs. (3/10 done at the moment).
-  finishing , at least, 5 darkshards (only 2 currently)
-  testing the color scheme on a dark rider (to rebase and paint the 5 models unit next month).
- painting my converted assassin
(- And maybe painting a Reaper Bolt Throwers if I found enough time)

I will also painted 2x Nexu from Star Wars Imperial assault. They will do some nice count-as Razordon :) .

Spoiler

IMG_6032.JPG.f44d2b2d48dce15440f344657545e125.JPG

I didn't get last months pledge done, but I got some! So, picture of my bloodletters at the end of the post. As for new pledges, I just want to finish what I said I'd do last month, so...

5 Blood Warriors

finish my Mighty lord of khorne

Edit: Also need to base these and other stuff I have done. Still not sure on what to do

letty.JPG

Archived