C&C for Escalation Campaign

Vortumnas

My gaming group is starting an escalation campaign. It's narrative driven, but decently competitive. Starting at 500pts, we play each other player once, then our armies go to 1k, then 1250, 1500, etc. We've started the 500 games, but are holding off till v2.0 to advance.

My 500 list is:

VLoZD - Pinions, Wristbands, Mastery of Death

5 wolves

So far, it's amazing. It's really hard for most opponents to deal with a behemoth at that level, and with the new Endless Legions, the wolves just keep coming.

My 1000pt list:

Vhordrai - Pinions

Necromancer - General, Overwhelming Dread, Mastery of Death, Shroud of Darkness

2x5 Wolves

6 Spirit Hosts

950 for a 2nd CP

First play test for this is a couple of weeks, got a few things to paint still. Hosts move 9" with the necro, Fist of Nagash lets him cast Dread and Vanhels. Wolves screen and grab obj, hosts and Vhordrai smash.

Beyond this, though I'm undecided where to take things. We have to keep the units we've already taken (GM ruled Vhordrai/VLoZD are interchangable since they're the same model), so how should I expand my army?

I'm tempted to build up to Lords of Sacrament, since I already have Arkhan and the extra command point and artefact would be very useful, but that leaves little room for other awesome things.

For instance, I'd like a big block of skellies and maybe one of GG, and I'm definitely expanding my SH unit, and all that won't fit in 2k with LoS battalion.

Then there's the new NH to consider. So I don't know, what do you guys think will do better? 3 behemoths stomping around with tons of magic, or VLoZD with a few little characters and hordes of bodies?

Archived