Duardin Army?

Balloon Dwarf

So I've got the bones of two armies, at the moment playing them together in a mixed order list. One Kharadrons, one SCE. What I was considering was just making a Duardin army out of some Dispossessed, some Fyreslayers and my Kharadrons. Has anyone else tried this before and had any success? 

The problems with a pure Duardin is army, is the fact that they have no really buffs to get a really good working composition.

Per se there is no big deal to build a cool army: while the airship rush with the Endrinrigger to the front, the Dispossessed are marching side by side with Fireslayers und in the back the artillery is firering.

But this must be happen under the Order Allegience... an so: no stubborn, no skyports, no fireslayer-effects. For fun matches this is fine (or you talk to your enemy to use all effects on the keyword units), but against a pure Allegience enemy army you have strong handycaps. There are no "Duardin" effects, which might be based on the history and isolation of the 4 Duardin factions. The great Karaz-a-Karak (or a AoS equivalent) is no more and so no connection, what was once the Duardin race. Each of them has other goals and reasons for war:

• Fireslayer (Aqshy) - all for Ur-Gold, no matter who pay it and might it be an evil fraction...
  • Kharadron (Chamon) - the Codex is live, the Codex is profit! And sometime even honor is buyable
  • Ironweld Arsenal (Azyr, human areas) - umgdawi, who sell their craftsmanship to the humans... more simple human soldiers
  • Dispossesses (Chamon, Ayzr) - old Dawi, too stubborn to accept the fate of dwarfs and clutched to the traditions

And so: A Duardin army would be great for each Dawi-hearted player, but in AoS there is no place for this hope. Maybe there will be one or two bigger settlement in all realms, where Duardins of all four will live, but is more a curiosity than a real functional community...

Well hammerhall allowes everything but serephon to units under one banner. 

Hallowheart: dispossessed and fyreslayers. 

And nothing else sadly. I’m about to add 10 arkhanauts and a frigate to my dispossessed army as allies. Not optimised or whatever but it let’s me field my long drong slayer pirates as arkanauts in my dispossessed list, and that’s very much worth it! 

23 minutes ago, Dragobeth said:

What about using Firestorm Cities allegiance?

Not sure if there is one with all  duardin factions in it but it's a start (I think tempest and greywaters have dispossessed and Kharadron)

Archived